No announcement yet.

SPQR: Offensive against Parthia !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll post my movements when I get time later, but not sure what to do yet due to the limited number of men in my group, if someone needs a spearhead or to reinforce their legio... let me know.

- General Rubinus
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• Alright, climbing the mounts and the elevations...

Nice observations officers

Mt. Tiglaran is best accessible from the northern and eastern side...
      The slope from the south and west is the most difficult to climb and will take more time (thus +1 archery dieroll), but not impossible !!!

The northern mount of Nisibis -where the watchtower stands- is accessible also. It is best accessible from the northern and western side. Climbing it from the east is difficult (thus +1 archery dieroll), but again not impossible !!!

The southern part of the mount of Nisibis -between the city and the river - is however inaccessible !!!
      Troops can move on the northern bank -between the city and the river - but they must move in file...there's a terrible drop-off !!!

Greets,
      FATE
      Last edited by Stratego; 23 Feb 09, 18:08.
      Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• I'll post an updated map tonite...

I think General Rubinus & myself should remain fluid...

Jump in where our mobilityis to the advantage of those most in need at any time...

I think I will send my Roman Vets & Persian Cataphracts to relieve Tungus Lucius' northern bridge head guard once they have secured the rest of the Port...

I intend that they may remain mobile & the cohort in full force.

We shall need some infantry presence to secure & hold the Port, though I doubt it will require to much...

I intend to use the river to support the southern Cav, for I smell something to the south...

Something that may require some rapidly mobile Infantry!

I want troopers in the river with reeds, searching for sub-surface passage into the city!

I wonder... are the Hoplites as intrigued by the Ruins as I?

Somebody needs to secure the Temple mound such that we have elevation & no enemy forces to our flanks...

Should these infernal rains continue or increase we shall surely need the heights.

I suspect tunneling or entrapments on approach to the Main Gates...

Let us strike them where they least expect us...

Light many fires to varied extremities - with few in your midst...

Sometimes congregate irregularly & often - use the night!

To those that acquire use of the Onagers...

All elements within easy transport shall save their daily excrement & detritus...

We shall rain down not only destruction & disease...

We shall also anoint their morale daily with dung, as well!

Scipius
        On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Does this even resemble what has been proposed thus far?
          On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Admiral View Post

Does this even resemble what has been proposed thus far?
            Certainly seems right for IV-III, ie guarding the Oasis, and IV-V veteran light infantry would be closer to IV-III, acting as their skirmishers. Our cavalry scout element would be taking a close peek at Mt Tiglaran, and its watch tower, with a view for the light foot taking the heights.

I don't believe the Oasis could supply the city with water, but would make an obvious line of attack for a cavalry force that needs lots and lots of water.
            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• As soon as the troops initial movements are done and I have the OK from the commanders, every officer will "see" what has happened to his troops in the movement and the Parthians that "can", will react !!!

Quintus Flavius...according to the map, you will immediatly be charging the northern mount of Nisibis...is this correct?

Greets,
              FATE
              Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                As soon as the troops initial movements are done and I have the OK from the commanders, every officer will "see" what has happened to his troops in the movement and the Parthians that "can", will react !!!

Quintus Flavius...according to the map, you will immediatly be charging the northern mount of Nisibis...is this correct?

Greets,
                FATE
                Movements Confirmed.

Tribune Tungus Lucius

Comment

• The final dispositions will be adjusted before submission as 'final'...

All commanders need to state their intents & objectives/movements ASAP.

If Quintus Flavius is to take the heights, he shall have support of my horse archers for the task...

This, before they advance to their position along the road from Beydar.

This is but the beginning of the end for the Parthians at Nisibis!

VICTA ROMA!

Scipius

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                    As soon as the troops initial movements are done and I have the OK from the commanders, every officer will "see" what has happened to his troops in the movement and the Parthians that "can", will react !!!

Greets,
                    FATE
                    Not until the fortified camp has been completed, But after that then yes the Tower is my next objective.

Quintus Flavius
                    Tribune
                    Legio XXIV-II
                    Last edited by Arthwys; 24 Feb 09, 07:48.
                    BoRG
                    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                      The final dispositions will be adjusted before submission as 'final'...

All commanders need to state their intents & objectives/movements ASAP.

If Quintus Flavius is to take the heights, he shall have support of my horse archers for the task...

This, before they advance to their position along the road from Beydar.

This is but the beginning of the end for the Parthians at Nisibis!

VICTA ROMA!

Scipius
                      Ave Legatus

Many thanks, I shall turn down no assistance offered.
                      Quintus Flavius
                      Tribune
                      Legio XXIV-II
                      BoRG
                      "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Ave Legatus Scipius

The XX-III will advance as noted.

Have the 2 siege towers been allocated to my Brigade?

Also, should I assault the Temple Mount?
                        (I'm thinking 100 Romans with the 250 Armenian Recruits)

Enemnogenus
                        Tribune
                        Legio XX-III

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                        _________
                        BoRG

Comment

• It is as shown. BTW my 50 cav I would like to ride ahead as scouts.
                          Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                          I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• May I suggest that every post on this thread also includes their unit designation.

Amelius Garbo IV-V
                            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Here is my proposal.

Saulus
                              Attached Files
                              "All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers ... Each one owes infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he was born." - Francois Fenelon

Comment

• Originally posted by delboy View Post
                                Here is my proposal.

Saulus
                                Unit?

In that case I will adhere to the original map for my deployment, except all my light foot will be between Tiberius's IV-III and Saulus's mob.

Amelius Garbo IV-V

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X