Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    May I suggest that every post on this thread also includes their unit designation.

Amelius Garbo IV-V

Leave a comment:

• Patton 7079
    replied
    It is as shown. BTW my 50 cav I would like to ride ahead as scouts.

Leave a comment:

• Torien
    replied
    Ave Legatus Scipius

The XX-III will advance as noted.

Have the 2 siege towers been allocated to my Brigade?

Also, should I assault the Temple Mount?
    (I'm thinking 100 Romans with the 250 Armenian Recruits)

Enemnogenus
    Tribune
    Legio XX-III

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Originally posted by Admiral View Post
    The final dispositions will be adjusted before submission as 'final'...

All commanders need to state their intents & objectives/movements ASAP.

If Quintus Flavius is to take the heights, he shall have support of my horse archers for the task...

This, before they advance to their position along the road from Beydar.

This is but the beginning of the end for the Parthians at Nisibis!

VICTA ROMA!

Scipius
    Ave Legatus

Many thanks, I shall turn down no assistance offered.
    Quintus Flavius
    Tribune
    Legio XXIV-II

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Originally posted by Stratego View Post
    As soon as the troops initial movements are done and I have the OK from the commanders, every officer will "see" what has happened to his troops in the movement and the Parthians that "can", will react !!!

Quintus Flavius...according to the map, you will immediatly be charging the northern mount of Nisibis...is this correct?

Greets,
    FATE
    Not until the fortified camp has been completed, But after that then yes the Tower is my next objective.

Quintus Flavius
    Tribune
    Legio XXIV-II
    Last edited by Arthwys; 24 Feb 09, 07:48.

Leave a comment:

• Admiral
    replied
    The final dispositions will be adjusted before submission as 'final'...

All commanders need to state their intents & objectives/movements ASAP.

If Quintus Flavius is to take the heights, he shall have support of my horse archers for the task...

This, before they advance to their position along the road from Beydar.

This is but the beginning of the end for the Parthians at Nisibis!

VICTA ROMA!

Scipius

Leave a comment:

• allsirgarnet
    replied
    Originally posted by Stratego View Post
    As soon as the troops initial movements are done and I have the OK from the commanders, every officer will "see" what has happened to his troops in the movement and the Parthians that "can", will react !!!

Quintus Flavius...according to the map, you will immediatly be charging the northern mount of Nisibis...is this correct?

Greets,
    FATE
    Movements Confirmed.

Tribune Tungus Lucius

Leave a comment:

• Stratego
    replied

Greets,
    FATE

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by Admiral View Post

Does this even resemble what has been proposed thus far?
    Certainly seems right for IV-III, ie guarding the Oasis, and IV-V veteran light infantry would be closer to IV-III, acting as their skirmishers. Our cavalry scout element would be taking a close peek at Mt Tiglaran, and its watch tower, with a view for the light foot taking the heights.

I don't believe the Oasis could supply the city with water, but would make an obvious line of attack for a cavalry force that needs lots and lots of water.

Leave a comment:

• Admiral
    replied

Does this even resemble what has been proposed thus far?

Leave a comment:

• Admiral
    replied
    I'll post an updated map tonite...

I think General Rubinus & myself should remain fluid...

Jump in where our mobilityis to the advantage of those most in need at any time...

I think I will send my Roman Vets & Persian Cataphracts to relieve Tungus Lucius' northern bridge head guard once they have secured the rest of the Port...

I intend that they may remain mobile & the cohort in full force.

We shall need some infantry presence to secure & hold the Port, though I doubt it will require to much...

I intend to use the river to support the southern Cav, for I smell something to the south...

Something that may require some rapidly mobile Infantry!

I want troopers in the river with reeds, searching for sub-surface passage into the city!

I wonder... are the Hoplites as intrigued by the Ruins as I?

Somebody needs to secure the Temple mound such that we have elevation & no enemy forces to our flanks...

Should these infernal rains continue or increase we shall surely need the heights.

I suspect tunneling or entrapments on approach to the Main Gates...

Let us strike them where they least expect us...

Light many fires to varied extremities - with few in your midst...

Sometimes congregate irregularly & often - use the night!

To those that acquire use of the Onagers...

All elements within easy transport shall save their daily excrement & detritus...

We shall rain down not only destruction & disease...

We shall also anoint their morale daily with dung, as well!

Scipius

Leave a comment:

• Stratego
    replied
    Alright, climbing the mounts and the elevations...

Nice observations officers

Mt. Tiglaran is best accessible from the northern and eastern side...
    The slope from the south and west is the most difficult to climb and will take more time (thus +1 archery dieroll), but not impossible !!!

The northern mount of Nisibis -where the watchtower stands- is accessible also. It is best accessible from the northern and western side. Climbing it from the east is difficult (thus +1 archery dieroll), but again not impossible !!!

The southern part of the mount of Nisibis -between the city and the river - is however inaccessible !!!
    Troops can move on the northern bank -between the city and the river - but they must move in file...there's a terrible drop-off !!!

Greets,
    FATE
    Last edited by Stratego; 23 Feb 09, 18:08.

Leave a comment:

• Achtung Baby
    replied
    I'll post my movements when I get time later, but not sure what to do yet due to the limited number of men in my group, if someone needs a spearhead or to reinforce their legio... let me know.

- General Rubinus

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    I will advance my force to the point out of missile range where they can support the Elements of the IVth as they take the Oases.

A forified camp will be constructed to be a Hard point in the line,
    positioned to keep the visual communication betwen the IV and the XXIV intact.

The advance is careful and steady - Scouts (mounted and foot) check the ground ahead.

The Force advances in loose skirmish formation
    checking the ground for traps or buried 'sand devils' along the route.
    Once the camp is complete Scouts will assay the slope of the heights to the northern watchtower to determine if it is reachable.

Should the slope be accessible then the troops will make arrangements to assault the tower in concert with the actions of our other elements.
    Quintus Flavius
    Tribune
    Legio XXIV-II
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Arthwys; 23 Feb 09, 14:00.

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Bereft of tools to modify the Map provided I have positioned my Cohort (XXIV-II) on the Left, abutting the right Flank of the IV Legio.
    Now understanding our relative positions I am obviously not attempting my previously planned seizure of the Oases and Mountain Tower.

Must re-evaluate based on the dispositions and intentions of my Brother Tribunes

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X