No announcement yet.

SPQR: Offensive against Parthia !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't managed to get the Map into one of my posts... the XXIV-II's starting position is to the east of Beydar at the closest point of our advance to the Oasis Ara.
    My 'pilgrim' scouts have brought back info reporting no enemy forces in the area. Those that have remained at the Oasis have setup camp and await my forces.
    After nightfall and with no Moon to speak of my Troops will follow the trail marked by my returning scouts to the Oasis. They move carefully with scouts out forward and to flanks.
    Once reaching the Oasis Ara, the perimiter shall be secured and a Fortified camp created. Completion set for sunrise.
    Last edited by Arthwys; 20 Feb 09, 12:50. Reason: spelling errors
    BoRG
    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• To the attentions of Legatus Rubinus and Legatus Scipius.

Ave Legates,
      Family retainers have brought missives from Rome, and among them is a writ which causes me concern.

It is at this time that I must pledge to you My loyalty and that of My troops. They Serve faithfully, and they serve Rome.

Our lives, such as they are are pledged to the People and senate of Rome, the head of which is the Emperor. The petty squabbling and political rancour now encompassing our Great city is not my focus or concern at this time. All of my will and energies as well as that of my troops are harnessed to victory over the Parthians.. what comes may come. Be assured that my loyalty is beyond question and awaiting your orders once the Parthian Campaign has been completed.

Your brother in Battle
      Quintus Flavius
      Tribune
      Legio XXIV -II
      BoRG

Comment

• I shall position my troops in Zahhak and sieze the port at Nisbis.

Regards,
        Tiberius Decimus
        Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
        I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
          I believe my unit, with it's veteran soldiers and 6 quality, should hold the center of our approach!

Enemnogenus (the Short)
          Ave Enemnogenus,

Does this mean you will assault the north gates?

Your brother in Battle
          Quintus Flavius
          Tribune
          Legio XXIV -II
          Last edited by Arthwys; 20 Feb 09, 20:15.
          BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
            Ave Enemnogenus,

Does this mean you will assault the north gates?
            If we must. I would hope that we will have a diversion or flanking attack so that the defenses are not totally centered on our advance!
            History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
            _________
            BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
              If we must. I would hope that we will have a diversion or flanking attack so that the defenses are not totally centered on our advance!
              Exactly my plan Tribune.

I intend to take and fortify the Oases to the east, gain the Watchtower upon the mountain and then rain destruction down on their eastern quarters.

I expect these actions to draw the Enemy's attention and action towards me. I hope this will allow our brother Commanders and Yourself to have less resistance in the west making the port, and the city itself vulnerable.

With the actions of Crabbus Irritatus and his agents within the city, it shall no longer be a refuge, but a prison.
              A place to wait for Death.

Your brother in Battle
              Quintus Flavius
              Tribune
              Legio XXIV -II
              Last edited by Arthwys; 20 Feb 09, 20:14.
              BoRG

Comment

Exactly my plan Tribune.

I intend to take and fortify the Oases to the east, gain the Watchtower upon the mountain and then rain destruction down on their eastern quarters.

I expect these actions to draw the Enemy's attention and action towards me. I hope this will allow our brother Commanders and Yourself to have less resistance in the west making the port, and the city itself vulnerable.

With the actions of Crabbus Irritatus and his agents within the city, it shall no longer be a refuge, but a prison.
                A place to wait for Death.

Your brother in Battle
                Quintus Flavius
                Tribune
                Legio XXIV -II
                Well stated, Quintus Flavius! We shall conquer! We shall be victorious!

On to battle.

Enemnogenus (No One calls me Short!) of the XX-III
                History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                _________
                BoRG

Comment

Exactly my plan Tribune.

All this of course Awaiting the approval of my Legate.
                  and though I have received no written orders of authorization I have received no word of disapproval either, and I would have the Oases in our control rather than the enemies. As they have not invested it to this point I will deny them the opportunity for the future.

Your brother in Battle
                  Quintus Flavius
                  Tribune
                  Legio XXIV -II
                  BoRG

Comment

• Tribunes & Centurians of all Roman Forces & formations arrayed @ Nisibis:

Declare your starting positions within the already set locations given for Legio's IV & XX, which leaves Legio XXIV to the center of the line so denoted previously. Before you are many potential positions which may be held by numerous Parthian forces - BEFORE you even reach the walls or limits of Nisibis - and they must be scouted & secured, if needed, such as to never leave our flanks exposed to attack or interdiction by our enemy.

Thus far a few of you have properly declared your intents & plans, but when you dispatch a scouting foray, make it prominently known that it is occurring, such that Fate may report to you the result of the foray. It is wise that you coordinate your movements & intents that you might support each other & be in a position to render aid as the fields & objectives before us become better known & secured. Remember that Fate is a willy foe & does not always think or act from within the box, but rather, outside it.

Crabbus Irritatus has wisely offered up several significant things to consider...

Remember always that things can be dropped upon you from atop all walls, etc...

I am inclined & seek council of General Rubinus in regard to the possibility of switching commands now held by Tribunes Crabbus Irritatus & Tungus Lucius (if they are both agreeable to it) such as to allow already formulated plans for operations already underway inside the city to be least hindered, & also allow for the better use of my Cavalry to operations from the southern area of Nisibis outskirts with scout & tactical operations extending south along the river & such other significant objectives of opportunity in an eastern/western periphery along it that would be better suited to the rapidly mobile attributes of Cavalry. Knowing Fates penchant for intrigues of significant order, I would surmise that there is much that might reveal itself, as well, offer opportunity to our forces as we keep the Parthians so secured to their mommies teats in Nisibis.

This siege & the coming battles will be engaged & commanded by each & every one of you!

General Rubinus & myself may nix or issue orders, but it is generally you that must act & command to achieve our objectives, which - beyond maintaining the imprisonment or ultimate defeat of all Parthian forces now within & without Nisibis - will remain fluid & require your continued attention to your own dispositions & that of your fellow officers within all Legios now invested against Parthia & Nisibis in particular. In the absence of specific orders from General Rubinus or myself, you will decide & command your actions & activities - be ever mindful that you are a portion of a Legio &, ultimately, Roman Officers acting in concert with the assorted & varied formations of several Legios... you very much NEED each other, for I guarantee you, the coming endeavour will certainly not be easy once the engagements begin - expect the unexpected!

Know that the forays outside Nisibis, Particularly those to the south (SE & SW, as well) may develop & will very likely require concerted or required immediate reinforcement should such conditions & opportunities develop... be ever mindful that this is a very powerful Cavalry force with no infantry forces attached... by this force, we shall not lose our strengths by narrowly focusing upon all within the walls of Nisibis. We shall not allow ourselves to be flanked by forces arrayed in wait around the periphery of Nisibis... be ever attuned to potential traps & ambush - the Parthians may have been routed to the north, but they have spent an entire month expecting the possibility of the coming siege upon Nisibis - this city is a heavily reinforced strong hold, not just the confines within which we hold them.

Again, declare your positions...

Then declare your Scouts Out & To Where!

Reveal your plans & discuss...

The seige engines of war will be granted as such plans develop.

Then Declare them before Fate, one step at a time!

VICTA ROMA!

Scipius
                    Last edited by Admiral; 21 Feb 09, 10:47.
                    On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Offensive against Parthia

Legio IV - Scythia

Legatus Scipius
                      • IV-I - Anaeus Maximus (Conlin)
                        • 1000 infantry veterans
                        • 250 Armenian infantry middle (from former Royal Armenian Army)
                        • 450 infantry middle

• IV-II - Saulius (Delboy)
                        • 1750 infantry veterans
                        • 100 Armenian archers middle (from former Royal Armenian Army)
                        • 300 Armenian light infantry spearmen recruits
                        • 80 Armenian light cavalry recruits (armenian volunteers)

• IV-III - Tiberius Decimus (Patton 7079)
                        • 1750 infantry veterans
                        • 50 Armenian cataphract cavalry veterans (former cavalry of Royal Armenian Army)
                        • 250 Armenian infantry middle (from former Royal Armenian Army)

• IV-IV - General Scipius (Admiral)
                        • 90 cavalry veterans
                        • 190 Arabic horse archers veterans
                        • 30 Persian cataphracts veterans

• IV-V -Amelius Garbo (Nick the Noodle)
                        • 1800 eastern light infantry veterans
                        • 10 cavalry middle
                        • 10 cavalry veterans on foot
                        • 10 cavalry middle on foot
                        • 30 Roman cavalry recruits

Legion XXIV Apollinaris (reinforced)

Legatus Rubinus
                      • XXIV-I - General Rubinus (Achtung Baby)
                        • 180 cavalry veterans from Legio VII Claudia Pia Fideliss (Faithful & Loyal)
                        • 50 light cavalry from Gaul middle.

• XXIV-II - Quintus Flavius (Arthwys)
                        • 1000 infantry recruits.
                        • 350 swordsmen from Gaul middle.
                        • 250 light cavalry from Gaul middle.
                        • 200 infantry veterans from Legio VII Claudia Pia Fideliss (Faithful & Loyal)

• XXIV-III - Crabbus Irritatus (Salinator)
                        • 1000 infantry recruits
                        • 500 swordsmen from Gaul middle.
                        • 300 infantry veterans from Legio VII Claudia Pia Fideliss (Faithful & Loyal)

• XXIV-IV - Publius Scaurus “the Scar” (Paul Mann III)
                        • 1000 infantry recruits.
                        • 200 infantry veterans from Legio VII Claudia Pia Fideliss (Faithful & Loyal)
                        • 250 Armenian recruits.
                        • 150 light cavalry from Gaul middle.
                        • 100 swordsmen from Gaul middle.
                        • 30 light cavalry on foot.
                        • 20 cavalry veterans on foot.

• XXIV-V - Arses "the Scythian" (TankBrigade)
                        • 1000 infantry recruits
                        • 450 light cavalry from Gaul middle.
                        • 250 Armenian recruits.
                        • 100 infantry veterans from Legio VII Claudia Pia Fideliss (Faithful & Loyal)

Legio XX - Hercules

Legatus Scipius
                      • XX-I - Lucius Thrax (Sawman0031)
                        • 1650 infantry middle
                        • 170 Cappadocian cavalry recruits

• XX-II - Tungus Lucius (Allsigarnet)
                        • 150 cavalry middle
                        • 820 Nubian cavalry middle
                        • 250 Egyptian chariots middle

• XX-III - Enemnogenus the Short (Torien)
                        • 1200 infantry middle
                        • 500 Greek hoplites veterans
                        • 250 Armenian infantry recruits (by provision of Senator Ariobarzanus)

• XX-IV - Antiochus Pacco (Commodore 1812)
                        • 1600 Greek hoplites veterans
                        • 200 Syrian cavalry recruits

Scipius

Legatus
                      Legio IV, Legio XX
                      Military Commander - Armenia/ Parthia

These are the final commands if all are in agreement of them!

We have at our disposal the following siege engines...

2 SIEGE TOWERS (with a battering ram underneath)

4 HEAVY ONAGERS

4 TESTUDO'S

Scipius
                      Legatus
                      Legio IV, Legio XX
                      On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Beginning Legio positions at start of Siege at Nisibis.

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Admiral View Post

Beginning Legio positions at start of Siege at Nisibis.

XX-II - Tungus Lucius (Allsirgarnet)

150 cavalry middle
                          820 Nubian cavalry middle
                          250 Egyptian chariots middle

Intentions.

Form column of march in loose formation.

820 Nubian cavalry middle - Lead
                          250 Egyptian chariots middle - Centre
                          150 cavalry middle - Rear

Advance at the canter southeast from Zahhak to the Western Port crossing, at which the '150 cavalry middle' will take post on the north bank. Scouts will be sent across the river south of the port.

XX-II will then cross the river and move east through the port to the Eastern Port crossing, where the '250 Egyptian chariots middle' will take post on the south bank.

I myself will lead the '820 Nubian cavalry middle' eastwards along the road to the crossing south of the city. I will remain with the main body on the western bank. Scouts will be sent across the river to the riuns and to the southern crossing.

If enemy reinforcements appear from the south, XX-II will reform at the port. If enemy reinforcements appear from the east, XX-II will reform at the eastern crossing. In either case, once XX-II is assembled, it is my intention to engage the enemy directly once both position and tactics are favourable.

Tungus Lucius

Last edited by allsirgarnet; 21 Feb 09, 16:18.

Comment

• IV-V -Amelius Garbo (Nick the Noodle)
                            1800 eastern light infantry veterans
                            10 cavalry middle
                            10 cavalry veterans on foot
                            10 cavalry middle on foot
                            30 Roman cavalry recruits

Originally posted by Admiral View Post

Intention
                            Lead the other units of IV while in skirmish formation to come down to Mt Tiglaran passing east of the two oasis. Cavalry even further ahead acting as eyes and ears ie Scouts. Expect lots of enemy lurking behind mountain using watch tower to aid scanning our lines.
                            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Admiral View Post

XX-III - Enemnogenus the Short (Torien)
                              • 1200 infantry middle
                              • 500 Greek hoplites veterans
                              • 250 Armenian infantry recruits (by provision of Senator Ariobarzanus)
                              XX-III will start advancing in formation from north of Zahhak on a direct line east toward the Western Gate of Nisibis.

Order of battle will be 600 Legionaires, then 500 Hoplites, then 250 Armenians followed by 600 Legionaires.

Once past the Temple of Hyrcanus, we will array in attack formation, North to South of 600 Leg., 500 Hoplites, 600 Leg. With 250 Armenians in reserve.

I would like to requisition both of the seige towers for my approach to the city.
                              _________
                              BoRG

Comment

• Message From Tiberius,.

With the most up to date intel it appears that Legio IV is across from where I thought we would be.

Request to know If I have to start in designated area. if so I will form a new battle plan...

-Tiberius Decimus
                                Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                                I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X