The Armenian Senate poll 2 !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Armenian Senate poll 2 !!!!

Dear SPQR players, welcome to the Armenian senate once again !!!

So the Armenian senate has decided to rebuild the destroyed Armenian cities that have been blemished by the Parthian occupation and the rebellion against Volosges ascendency to the throne.

Now the next point on the Armenian senates agenda is what should be done to protect the nation after the war against Parthia has been successfully concluded? A small number of veterans from the former Royal Armenian army is currently fighting alongside the Roman legions, but the other 5.000 Armenians at the front are mostly raw recruits and volunteers. Many of the Armenian officers and soldiers loyal to the nation have been executed when the Parthians invaded, others have fled or have remained in the army under command of Volosges and are therefore untrustworthy…

Should Armenia keep on relying on Roman protection in the future? Or should it create its own standing professional army?

Alright let's get these debates going!

Bardas Phocas, Seneos and Ariobarzanus: the eyes of Rome are especcially fixed on you...so speak up !

Greets,
    FATE
    Leave a large contingent of the Roman army in Armenia, let’s say three legions? Let them be the only army...
    0.00%
    Create a new Armenian army from scratch made up of only Armenians?
    21.43%
    Create an Armenian army and leave a Roman legion as eventual support?
    78.57%

The poll is expired.

Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Three Legions??????

You think the Emperor is rich??????
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post
      Three Legions??????

You think the Emperor is rich??????
      Uuuuuuh no...but Armenia is twice as large as the average Roman province.

Greets,
      FATE
      Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

BORG

Comment

( by the way, as sawman, I'd like to know where armenia was, anyway.)
        Sail on Britannia.

Comment

Originally posted by sawman0311 View Post
          ( by the way, as sawman, I'd like to know where armenia was, anyway.)
          Just east of Siberia.

Lucius Tungus - Romeland Security,
          also aspiring stand-up comedian after retirement from Imperial service.
          Last edited by Salinator; 16 Jan 09, 21:03.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Just east of Siberia.
            Remember Seneos, Never listen to the Emperor!

Armenia, in Ancient Roman times, was a province located near, and around, the ...CURRENT LOCATION OF ARMENIA!!
            History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
            _________
            BoRG

Comment

The Emperor believes that the issue can best be served with an open discussion between Roman Senators and their brothers the Armenian Senators.

To ensure that end, and to honor Armenian freedom from Parthian oppression, a extensive banquet will be held at the Imperial Palace in Rome. There, all the esteemed Senators of both Rome and Armenia can finally all meet face to face and voice their concerns.

Appetizers will be served throughout the festivities day and night. Talks begin each day at noon. Entertainment and feasting commences each night at 7pm.

Put it on your calender! July 14th through July 19th.

A separate celebration will be held for all the Soldiers of Rome after the conclusion of hostilities with Parthia. During the banquet, all Officers and Soldiers of Rome are advised to keep vigilance and remain on alert.
              Last edited by Salinator; 16 Jan 09, 23:33.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

where is armenia now?
                Sail on Britannia.

Comment

I shall be there, Emperor. Thank you for your kind invite.

Regards,

Seneos
                  Senator of Armenia
                  Sail on Britannia.

Comment

The Emperor believes that the issue can best be served with an open discussion between Roman Senators and their brothers the Armenian Senators.

To ensure that end, and to honor Armenian freedom from Parthian oppression, a extensive banquet will be held at the Imperial Palace in Rome. There, all the esteemed Senators of both Rome and Armenia can finally all meet face to face and voice their concerns.
                    Appetizers will be served throughout the festivities day and night. Talks begin each day at noon. Entertainment and feasting commences each night at 7pm.

A separate celebration will be held for all the Soldiers of Rome after the conclusion of hostilities with Parthia. During the banquet, all Officers and Soldiers of Rome are advised to keep vigilance and remain on alert.
                    That sounds very reasonable, Caesar. Your wisdom is once again our guide.

It's been so long since I've been to the Palace..., this idea is grand indeed.

Certainly the grand visual effect of the Imperial Palace will act as an aphrodisiac of power on our foriegn allies....

I shall be in attendance...

~Fat Antonius~
                    "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                      That sounds very reasonable, Caesar. Your wisdom is once again our guide.

It's been so long since I've been to the Palace..., this idea is grand indeed.

Certainly the grand visual effect of the Imperial Palace will act as an aphrodisiac of power on our foriegn allies....

I shall be in attendance...

~Fat Antonius~
                      I too support this plan,it is essential that both Roman and Armenian be in accordance in planning for the future.

Marcus Tarquinus
                      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

I look forward to celebrating when the hostilities cease.

- General Rubinus
                        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                        Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Given the amount of invites and the length of the festivities that should amount to 4 or 5 wealth from the Imperial Treasury...

Greets,
                          FATE

BORG

Comment

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                            Given the amount of invites and the length of the festivities that should amount to 4 or 5 wealth from the Imperial Treasury...

Greets,
                            FATE
                            After consulting with the Oracle, the High Priest of the Temple of Apollo, the Imperial Accountants, and the Imperial Investment Advisors from Judea..............

The banquet has been scaled back to a single day of July 18th. Funds must be reserved to honor the soldiers of Rome.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

After consulting with the Oracle, the High Priest of the Temple of Apollo, the Imperial Accountants, and the Imperial Investment Advisors from Judea..............

The banquet has been scaled back to a single day of July 18th. Funds must be reserved to honor the soldiers of Rome.
                              What? I expect a full refund for my travel and lodging expenses!

I reserved a full week at the nearest inn for me and my entourage. Franzius insured me that these were the best lodgings available and he would need a small down payment to secure the amenities.

I demand remuneration for my inconvenience!

Torienus
                              History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                              _________
                              BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X