X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stratego
    replied
    93 A.D.

A young man enters the ‘Slaughtered Lamb’ accompanied by two others: a slim, seemingly harmless young aristocrat and another, obvious from the lower classes but a giant of a kid.
    The young man, although not ugly, seems to have an uncomfortable mean glance in his eyes.

After having ordered the drinks, he sits down at a table already reserved by his two companions in the far side of the tavern.
    They are not loud, but instead speak as if they are afraid that somebody might overhear them. The young aristocrat with them even seems nervous.
    In any case, it is clear that something is being planned.
    After about 10 minutes, an old skinny man comes in. The giant stands up, meets him and leads them to the table:

“Are you Septimus Furius?”

“Yes I am” the young man answers “do you have the suff?”

“You have the eyes of your father”

After that, the old scruffy man pulls up a sack from under his cloak and pushes it over to the other side of the table. After that he takes a gulp of the brew offered to him.

“His death will be painful, a few drips are enough”

“Great! I don’t want him to have a swift and painless one…he must suffer!” Furius whispers with a grin as he nods to his friend the aristocrat.

At his turn, a sack of coins appears and is pushed across the table which the old man accepts with much glee.

-------------------

Having wished his clients a good evening, the old scruffy man leaves the ‘Slaughtered Lamb’ in a visible haste, his sack of gold coins firmly hidden in his arms.

It doesn’t take long for him to notice that he is followed by a large shadowy figure. He wants to run, but is suddenly overcome by a terrible pain. He stumbles and falls, gasping for breath in a dark deserted ally of the Roman slums.

The figure following him approaches him.

In his dying breath the old man sees the face of the giant that he just left behind in the tavern. The sack of coins is ripped from his grasp.

“Consider yourself lucky treacherous spy, your master Antonius will NOT enjoy a swift death like yours.”

Greets,
    FATE

Leave a comment:

• Torien
    replied
    I'm buying the next round of drinks. Anybody joining me?

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Originally posted by Torien View Post
    Yes you do. Yes you do. Yes you do. C'mon, say it with me...
    Peer pressure! Awesome!

For all our 'jonesing' I'm sure we'd rather have the game you want to present, rather than something not fully fleshed out and to your satisfaction.

However that doesn't mean I'm not going to keep writing SPQR based stories to drive people nuts in anticipation of a new SPQR experience.

Not that I mean to drive them nuts. I just like to keep it all alive.

Leave a comment:

• Khryses
    replied
    Yes, yes you do...

Leave a comment:

• Torien
    replied
    Originally posted by Stratego View Post
    Ohhh man...
    This game just haunts me...
    After two years the title SPQR still pops up every week or two...

There is not a month that passes that I don't say to myself: "Is it time to start SPQR II?"
    Then my conscious answers: "No, Jason, you don't have the spare time to organize such a game and bring it to its rightful conclusion...yet"

Greets,
    FATE

Yes you do. Yes you do. Yes you do. C'mon, say it with me...

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X