Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Slaughtered Lamb - 0fficial SPQR Thermopolium

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
    It's nice to be back K. thanks. Just in time for SPQR II. it must have been the hand of Fate.
    Or a well-placed 'subscribe'

    Hey Sal, speaking as one Emperor Valens to another what's your thinking in Adrianople?

    One big decisive engagement (which yes, I know, of course you'll win ) or lots of little skirmishes that attrit us down to an eventual win?
    Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Khryses View Post
      Or a well-placed 'subscribe'

      Hey Sal, speaking as one Emperor Valens to another what's your thinking in Adrianople?

      One big decisive engagement (which yes, I know, of course you'll win ) or lots of little skirmishes that attrit us down to an eventual win?
      We shall hold hostage the lovers of Fritigern and hunker down behind the Mighty Walls of Constantinople awaiting his arrival. Hunchbacked Goths attempting to breach that wall will be so funny.


      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

      Prayers.

      BoRG

      http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

      Comment


      • I hope I'm not too late, but I'm interested in playing again. After resolving to be regularly active once again around the forums, freshman year final exams, a summer job, and (currently) a research trip out east to NYU and Princeton have all occurred, and I haven't had as much free time as I initially thought I might this summer. But hopefully I can be more involved in SPQR II than I was in the last one; I'll have to make sure I catch up on everything yet again.

        Alex
        Senator Vespillo

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Alexander View Post
          I hope I'm not too late, but I'm interested in playing again. After resolving to be regularly active once again around the forums, freshman year final exams, a summer job, and (currently) a research trip out east to NYU and Princeton have all occurred, and I haven't had as much free time as I initially thought I might this summer. But hopefully I can be more involved in SPQR II than I was in the last one; I'll have to make sure I catch up on everything yet again.

          Alex
          Senator Vespillo
          You are welcome to join in again Senator Quintus
          And rest assure, there's nothing to catch up to as we are starting completely anew, albeit 350 years later in Roman history...

          Greets,
          Stratego aka FATE
          Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

          It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

          Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

          BORG

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Stratego View Post
            You are welcome to join in again Senator Quintus
            And rest assure, there's nothing to catch up to as we are starting completely anew, albeit 350 years later in Roman history...

            Greets,
            Stratego aka FATE
            Thanks you sir. However, after reevaluating how busy I've been lately, I probably won't be able to commit to the new round of SPQR. What's the estimated start date for the new game? And how many hours would I be expected to contribute per day/week?

            Alex

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Alexander View Post
              Thanks you sir. However, after reevaluating how busy I've been lately, I probably won't be able to commit to the new round of SPQR. What's the estimated start date for the new game? And how many hours would I be expected to contribute per day/week?

              Alex
              All that is needed is that you once again pledge your eternal loyalty to the Emperor (me, not the other guy). Everything else shall take care of itself.
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

              Prayers.

              BoRG

              http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

              Comment


              • It's Alive!!!!
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                Prayers.

                BoRG

                http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                Comment


                • Re-birthed. Rising like a Phoenix from the ashes, or an attention sucking Vampyre from the grave...

                  SPQRII being played at a forum thread near you.
                  BoRG
                  "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

                  Comment


                  • Is this where the Pin-up contest is?





                    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                    _________
                    BoRG
                    __________
                    "I am Arthur, King of the Britons!"

                    Comment


                    • No contest, She wins... wait, what was the topic again?
                      BoRG
                      "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Torien View Post
                        Is this where the Pin-up contest is?






                        Damn it! This is the last straw........The Emperor shall send Princess Fausta to the Nunnery!!!!
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                        Prayers.

                        BoRG

                        http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
                          No contest, She wins... wait, what was the topic again?
                          Best Roman Pin Up...
                          Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

                          It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

                          Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

                          BORG

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Torien View Post
                            Is this where the Pin-up contest is?





                            YOU WIN
                            Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

                            It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

                            Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

                            BORG

                            Comment


                            • Salinatorius: Torienus, Gaius is evil.....

                              Torienus: From my point of view of view, the Empire is evil!

                              Salinatorius: Then you are truly lost.......

                              Torienus: This is the end for you my Emperor!

                              Salinatorius: I have the high ground.

                              Torienus: You underestimate my power!

                              Salinatorius: Don't try it!

                              <<Sal kicks Tor butt...>>

                              Salinatorius: You were the chosen one......


                              Good Lord, SPQR calls out to us whenever we watch a movie.....
                              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                              Prayers.

                              BoRG

                              http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                              Comment


                              • Excellent analogy, my friend.
                                History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                                _________
                                BoRG
                                __________
                                "I am Arthur, King of the Britons!"

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X