This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPQR Lives Still!
    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
    _________
    BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
      SPQR Lives Still!
      INDEED!

I found myself re-readingthe gameturns and the Lamb entries...guess I have a hard time letting go
      BoRG
      "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Coming soon to a Forum near you
        Unfinished business shall be concluded
        Two Eastern Empires to be conquered
        The Ancient Epic Saga continues..................

SPQR II

Where is your Signature, Torienus?

BoRG
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• I've still got a list of enemies to deal with...

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

You're Damn right it will...

~Senator "Fat" Antonius~
          Last edited by Salinator; 09 Dec 09, 23:33.
          "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Salinator View Post
            Coming soon to a Forum near you
            Two Eastern Empires to be conquered
            The Ancient Epic Saga continues..................

SPQR II

Where is your Signature, Torienus?

BoRG
            We have the ribbon now. I thought that was enough.

Do I need to put it back?
            History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
            _________
            BoRG

Comment

• As a sanctioned ACG game, I've been preparing to place all of SPQR into its own sub-forum of honor in Armchair Attacks. It will be the only thing within that sub, just like all of the AA campaigns, thus unencumbered by its falling into the WTTA historical thread que which increasingly makes all its components difficult to track. It will be credited as a WTTA game with link to this Forum. (As will the one sanctioned Napoleonics game be so credited to that forum as it is settled into its own sub-forum there, as well - which has yet to have its ribbons awarded)

IF there is to be any further SPQR, and in that the ribbon itself is not the point of the game, those that have already earned their SPQR ribbons will receive no more - but any new members which might participate can yet earn it. As I'm sure most will agree, we wear the ribbons as a campaign veteran & they shall not be dispensed as candy.

I will also reveal here that some of the truly worthy unsanctioned 'Citizens' Games we have seen will somehow be awarded in the future, but - in that thread postbit space is not unlimited & nobody earns a chest full of salad in but a few years - we are working on a means by which they may qualify for award, but not be visible beyond ones own profile Awards. Another option is a Community Gaming Ribbon - similar in configuration to the Modeling Ribbon, with device for multiple - that would be postbit visible. Please to let us keep working on that, mates... it is not only a decision, but a technical matter, thus possibilities are yet not fully realized as yet.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Aaaaah memory lane, here I come...

Now for me personally, this is a greater honor than the ribbon I'm wearing.

This is some great literature we all made. This is a part of US!

Let's not forget it...

Thank you very much for retrieving those thousands of posts and putting them ALL together!

What a time it was, what a time...

Greets,
                Jason
                Last edited by Stratego; 10 Dec 09, 06:48.
                Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                  Aaaaah memory lane, here I come...

Now for me personally, this is a greater honor than the ribbon I'm wearing.

This is some great literature we all made. This is a part of US!

Let's not forget it...

Thank you very much for retrieving those thousands of posts and putting them ALL together!

What a time it was, what a time...

Greets,
                  Jason
                  There's not much I can add to that but I just want to say:

SPQR II HERE I COME!!

I feel like the squeaky wheel... or was this just Awesome cosmic timing?
                  Last edited by Arthwys; 10 Dec 09, 10:01.
                  BoRG
                  "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• I'm reading up on the old posts too...some are just friggin funny! Especially in the Lamb

One episode that was forgotten but which is still good for a laugh, was when Karma got his butt kicked by the populist Furius, just outside of the Slaughtered Lamb

And of course Franczius' toothless lions and Cleitus' famous fermented fish...

I loved the interaction between Antonius/Karma and Furius...all fighting for superiority over the mob and the streets.
                    I also loved playing Furius

Greets,
                    Stratego
                    Last edited by Stratego; 10 Dec 09, 18:10.
                    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• More like, Karma got his butt kicked by some of Furius' Goons...

But their not killing him allowed for Karmas flatulent demise at the Senate.

I'm happy that my knowing who Furius was, from the beginning, did not cause you to back off with his character...

Such happenstance could have dampened the wonderful dialog/exchanges that were much joy of the game.

All in all, I think that things seldom were predictable throughout...

With all attempts at adversarial puppetry, many did not actually dance to the strings of others as they so desired.

Much fun, my friend...

Very much fun, indeed!

Last edited by Admiral; 10 Dec 09, 18:29.
                      On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• I Stickied this just to make sure the yap always stays on top.

Thanks Admiral for putting these all together!
                        _________
                        BoRG

Comment

• Consecrated in blood, spirits, rotten eggs, honor &, yes, even **** & vinegar...

Indeed, Senator... I think we can always return - as ghosts, or otherwise - to this hallowed place!

I have taken liberty to alter the name to reflect what it is...

Victa Roma!

Scipius
                          Victor of Parthia
                          Guardian of Rome
                          Spirit in Residence

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Yay Team
                            Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                            I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Good to see you, Praetorian!

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• ah and it is good to be seen, how are you?
                                Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                                I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X