This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
    We Armenians are a peaceful country and know little of the ways of warfare . We are incredibly brave (as shown by our 70% mortality rate amongst our victorious troops ), and only wish to defend Romes Borders by placing Romes enemies further away .
    Let my Germanic designers do some modifications. They'll have that thing belching Greek fire out of both ends in no time....

Comment

• Originally posted by skoblin View Post
      Let my Germanic designers do some modifications. They'll have that thing belching Greek fire out of both ends in no time....
      Spicy Germanic food?
      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Spicy Germanic food?
        Now there's an oxymoron if I've heard of one.....

Comment

• Is anyone else having trouble with the forum today -- or is it just my computer ???
          I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

Now there's an oxymoron if I've heard of one.....
            As a novice to Germanic food is there any spicy Germanic food . I've been to Germany 4 times on extended work duties and the only spice was British Army's curries.
            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

As a novice to Germanic food is there any spicy Germanic food . I've been to Germany 4 times on extended work duties and the only spice was British Army's curries.
              Spice was outlawed according to the Treaty of Westphalia in 1648.

Comment

• If you consider "Onions" and stone ground Mustard to be "spicy" -- then German food is spicy - otherwise it isn't LOL

Remember - German bier is served at room temperature - as is wine -
                Drink water as a last resort - wine is good for the ( fill in the blank ) - digestion, blood pressure, stress relief, mood, anything at all will do
                Don't put ice cubes in your drinking water - you'll catch a cold
                Never sit in a draft - you'll catch a cold
                Always have a hat on - or you'll catch a cold
                Wrap a scarf around your neck - or you'll catch a cold
                Wear a coat - or you'll catch a cold

Oh -- I'm sorry - I'm starting to sound just like my mother

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
                  If you consider "Onions" and stone ground Mustard to be "spicy" -- then German food is spicy - otherwise it isn't LOL

Remember - German bier is served at room temperature - as is wine -
                  Drink water as a last resort - wine is good for the ( fill in the blank ) - digestion, blood pressure, stress relief, mood, anything at all will do
                  Don't put ice cubes in your drinking water - you'll catch a cold
                  Never sit in a draft - you'll catch a cold
                  Always have a hat on - or you'll catch a cold
                  Wrap a scarf around your neck - or you'll catch a cold
                  Wear a coat - or you'll catch a cold

Oh -- I'm sorry - I'm starting to sound just like my mother
                  I was gonna say...you sound like my Bavarian grandmother....

Comment

I was gonna say...you sound like my Bavarian grandmother....
                    Mothers and Grandmothers -- world wide -- all sound just alike

Mine are all from Vienna or Moravia - even so -- they express identical concerns and all give the same advice -- none of which is to be ignored !! LOL

BoRG

Comment

Spice was outlawed according to the Treaty of Westphalia in 1648.
                      Your are behind the times, barbarian. Hermann ordered all peppers to be burned to curse the Roman Legions before Teutoberger-Wald.
                      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• On a table in a dark corner of the "Lamb" two intellectuals are engaged in a discussion, while sipping some Italian vino...

"I don't know...I just don't know !
                        Erecting a triumphal arch for General Drusus...
                        Why spend wealth on a monument while the Empire is crumbling and hundreds are dying in the streets of the pest?
                        Why spend wealth on an arch for the one and not the other?
                        Don't get me wrong...I have the utmost respect for the military achievements of General Drusus, but has Scipius not WON the war against the Parthians in the East? Does he then not deserve an arch also?
                        Aren't we led simply by politics by choosing the sides for the one and not the other?
                        Why for Drusus...because he served the interests of Rome?
                        Did Scipius and Rubinus not do the same?
                        And Gaius then? Did he not serve the interests of Rome? Did he not act according to his belief...and ultimately paid for it with his life at Fiumcinius? Isn't that also a Roman virtue worth remembering - standing up for one's beliefs till the bitter end?
                        Why should one be idiolized and the other not...because the one is simply popular amongst the majority and the other by a minority? Is the majority always right then? I sense that nobody really knows the truth of what has gone on behind the scenes in these last few months of political strife...therefore nobody knows the thruth and so nobody is RIGHT !
                        Only FATE knows this.

Only the soldiers that have fought and died for our nation are RIGHT. Without knowing the TRUTH and only pushed on by the love of their country have they risks their lives on the many battlefields and in the streets of Rome.

Theoretically it is not RIGHT to build an arch for just one man, an arch must be build for each Roman that has given their life in the East, in Rome, in Germania and at Fiumcinius. However, this is humanly impossible...Rome is too small for this.

Therefore I must conclude that I will not be supporting the building of an arch for Drusus, nor for Scipius or Gaius !!!!

What says you Seneca the Younger?"

Cato "the Wise"
                        Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• Perhaps -- ONE Arch - to honor all ???

Just a though

Franzius of Noricum -- Eavesdropper on Tavern conversations

BoRG

Comment

• May we suggest a large statue of King Radulf strangling a Goth or Batavian with his bare hands? In front of the Coliseum perhaps? Our designers can send you blueprints.

Walfirdus
                            Envoy of the Tungrii

Comment

May we suggest a large statue of King Radulf strangling a Goth or Batavian with his bare hands? In front of the Coliseum perhaps? Our designers can send you blueprints.

Walfirdus
                              Envoy of the Tungrii

Comment

• Ghosts...

A Lonely place this...

Dust covers everything with a thick shroud, and the ghosts of the patrons past haunt the shadows.

Memories like whispers flit through the air and hearken to debates great and small of the Emperor Sal, his Treacherous Praetorian Captain, The noble Senators and their battles for control of the city and the Empire itself.

Upon walls shadowed with the soot of cold and dead torches which once breathed light and life into this place can still be seen the Graffiti of the musing of those who once frequented this place

...marking the Rising of the mob, that night of terror. The battles against the Parthians, the rising and death of the Citizen known only as Furius… Comments about Thousand-Year old Eggs and Fermented Fish both sober and outrageous are scrawled and lie under the dust of the trestle tables still lining the Great-room...

A Stain still mars the ground where Noble Karma was felled in treachery, wounding his head and concussing his formidable brain.

Indeed the ghosts of this place are many, for much happened here, and though none frequent this place any longer…

There is life here still.
                                Last edited by Arthwys; 09 Dec 09, 13:51.
                                BoRG
                                "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X