Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think "Zeb" - my donkey - would like to have his bust/picture on the ribbon -- after all, he gave his "all" for the betterment of the Merchants Guild of Rome.
    I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
      I think "Zeb" - my donkey - would like to have his bust/picture on the ribbon -- after all, he gave his "all" for the betterment of the Merchants Guild of Rome.
      What about your Lions? They starved for our entertainment!
      BoRG
      "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Ah yes -- the poor Lions -- particularly Fluffy -- he took the lack of "volunteer victims" the hardest

But then again -- Zeb had more teeth than all my Lions put together -- so his picture is probably a better choice -- especially as he bears so close a resemblance to many members of the Roman Senate

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
          Indeed. It's been one hell of a game, and I know the players have posted more and PMd more in this game than all of the tournaments and model builds combined.

This game deserves a ribbon.
          And what kind of posts !

Some of them are truly inspiring storytelling and political speeches...

Stratego
          Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• Originally posted by skoblin View Post
            It should be simple Roman purple with a splash of red on it.....
            just what I was thinking.
            Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
            I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
              just what I was thinking.
              With a solid gold V for the winner(s)...
              "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Has Round 10 even started yet....whatsa happenin?

Comment

• I believe Stratego just called for Turn 9 worksheets today.

Also, he implied there would be penalties for lateness...
                  "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
                    Zeb had more teeth than all my Lions put together -- so his picture is probably a better choice -- especially as he bears so close a resemblance to many members of the Roman Senate
                    Perhaps the monument in Armenia, celebrating the win over the Parthians could be of Zeb then .
                    It would represent the political bite of Rome .

Much Trooble - Court Jester of Bardus Phocas
                    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Yes, we want gameturn 10 !
                      The people demand it...

FURIUS
                      'Let them hate us so long as they fear us.' Caligula

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                        Perhaps the monument in Armenia, celebrating the win over the Parthians could be of Zeb then .
                        It would represent the political bite of Rome .

Much Trooble - Court Jester of Bardus Phocas
                        Yes -- I couldn't agree more --

Zeb had teeth a-plenty - and was not reluctant to employ them to his best advantage - particularly when he was a bit peeved -- which was most of the time -- bless his little heart

And --- each of Rome's erstwhile Senators could claim the bust as their very own visage The resemblance is remarkable.

BoRG

Comment

• Who speaks for the People of Rome? I do...

Originally posted by Munk View Post
                          Yes, we want gameturn 10 !
                          The people demand it...

FURIUS
                          Heh. Silly citizen...,

I will let you know when the People have demanded something...

BoRG

Comment

• The newly designed Armenian attack chariot had one or two teething problems.

I believe we need some Zeb expertise here.
                            Last edited by Nick the Noodle; 22 Apr 09, 17:40.
                            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                              The newly designed Armenian attack chariot had one ot two teething problems.
                              Are you sure that isn't a donkeypult you have there?

Comment

• Originally posted by skoblin View Post
                                Are you sure that isn't a donkeypult you have there?
                                We Armenians are a peaceful country and know little of the ways of warfare . We are incredibly brave (as shown by our 70% mortality rate amongst our victorious troops ), and only wish to defend Romes Borders by placing Romes enemies further away .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X