This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
    One Legion can stop the advancing Parthian Army ?

The Parthian Army is not advancing towards Rome. Cleitus will run out of wine years before they do!
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Oh Ye of Little Faith -- I sell no "Used Carts" mine are "Pre Owned" and only of the finest quality - driven rarely by little old Ladies of Pompey By the Sea -- and I start no rumors -- no -- not at all -- i only passed along what I overheard -- to forewarn those in positions of responsibility so they might take action.

I have no desire to become involved - my duty as a responsible person - has been accomplished -- the matter has been brought to forefront and may now be evaluated by the proper parties

Franzius of Noricum

Our Code of Conduct: Hear No Evil - See No Evil - Speak Evil only when it suits our purpose !
      I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post

The Parthian Army is not advancing towards Rome. Cleitus will run out of wine years before they do!
        What are you saying ??

Is it your contention that the Army of Parthia is not coming to visit ??

Is that what you are alluding to in a round about manner ?

Franzius of Noricum

Confusion Reigns in Rome

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

What are you saying ??

Is it your contention that the Army of Parthia is not coming to visit ??

Is that what you are alluding to in a round about manner ?

Franzius of Noricum

Confusion Reigns in Rome
          Skoblinus and his Vandals will reach Rome before the Parthian Army!

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

And Cleitus is perilously close to having exhausted his stock of wine now that Torinius has treated all and sundry -- including 500 hundred of the Emperors Finest !!!

And now you tell us a race is on -- which will get to us first -- Skoblinus and his Vandals - who we didn't even know were coming -- or the mighty Parthinian Hordes that are already at the borders ???

The City of Rome is in eminent peril - the Lions are Hungry - the Senate is infiltrated -citizens are confused - poor merchants are maligned - and the wine -- oh the wine -- we need more wine to drowned our sorrows and fortify ourselves for the coming battle against the rapidly approaching invaders !!

Franzius of Noricum

Fifth Column Dictates: Gather information and spread it in the wind.

BoRG

Comment

And Cleitus is perilously close to having exhausted his stock of wine now that Torinius has treated all and sundry -- including 500 hundred of the Emperors Finest !!!

And now you tell us a race is on -- which will get to us first -- Skoblinus and his Vandals - who we didn't even know were coming -- or the mighty Parthinian Hordes that are already at the borders ???

The City of Rome is in eminent peril - the Lions are Hungry - the Senate is infiltrated -citizens are confused - poor merchants are maligned - and the wine -- oh the wine -- we need more wine to drowned our sorrows and fortify ourselves for the coming battle against the rapidly approaching invaders !!

Franzius of Noricum

Fifth Column Dictates: Gather information and spread it in the wind.
              Cleitus has plenty of wine. He stocked up big time with Titus' personal stock during the estate sale.

Skoblinus will not see Rome for more than III centuries. You will be long before be dead from the exhaustion of running, or from the sheer dehydration from the lost of spittle with your rumor mongering before Skoblinus or any Parthian Army can even smell Rome!
              Last edited by Salinator; 25 Nov 08, 01:09.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

With Vandals right around the corner - so to speak -- and Parthians virtually at the gates to the City of Rome - is it any wonder that the Citizens are murmuring in the Market place ? Can they be faulted for expressing their concern ? Would anyone blame them for arming themselves, by force of numbers, from the City arsenal ? Would anyone say "Nay" to those that wish to remover their Gold from the Banks of Rome ?

When will it be time to call up the Reserve Legions - the young, the old, the crippled and infirmed - to take the walls and fight to the last man defending the likes of me and mine ?? We vendors and merchants don't ask for much -- just give us security and sacrifice others for our safety - that's all we ask -- is that too much ?? No -- and No again !! It is our right to be protected and secure in our beds at night !!

We ask only our due !

Franzius of Noricum

Sleeping the peaceful sleep of the Righteous

BoRG

Comment

With Vandals right around the corner - so to speak -- and Parthians virtually at the gates to the City of Rome - is it any wonder that the Citizens are murmuring in the Market place ? Can they be faulted for expressing their concern ? Would anyone blame them for arming themselves, by force of numbers, from the City arsenal ? Would anyone say "Nay" to those that wish to remover their Gold from the Banks of Rome ?

When will it be time to call up the Reserve Legions - the young, the old, the crippled and infirmed - to take the walls and fight to the last man defending the likes of me and mine ?? We vendors and merchants don't ask for much -- just give us security and sacrifice others for our safety - that's all we ask -- is that too much ?? No -- and No again !! It is our right to be protected and secure in our beds at night !!

We ask only our due !

Franzius of Noricum

Sleeping the peaceful sleep of the Righteous
                  Cleitus!

No more Plumbum for Franzius' wine!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Ancient Romans were the masters of lead craftsmanship. Lead was malleable and could be shaped easily, thus the extensive plumbing network throughout Rome. The Latin word for Lead and the symbol on the atomic chart is "Plumbum". The Romans also used powered Lead to flavor wine, unaware of it's toxicity. Some theorists claim that the fall of Rome was all that lead plumbing and the Plumbum in the wine that turned Rome into an Empire of Idiots.
                  Last edited by Salinator; 25 Nov 08, 01:41.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post
                    Cleitus!

No more Plumbum for Franzius' wine!

Well -- In that case -- I bid you good night -- perhaps we will survive the night if those pathetic Praetorian Guards don't injure themselves playing with sharp instruments !

Franzius of Noricum

Selling Chariots makes me Tired and Sleepy -- perhaps, with luck, we'll survive the night

BoRG

Comment

Hey, we have gone 60 days without and injury, so don't you worry about it.
                      Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                      I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

So, who wants to bet on how long Plinius can outrun the Lions? I hear Fanzius has been feeding them a bit too much lately, but then again Plinius isn't in the best condition either!

So place your bets, place your bets!

0-1 Minutes:
                        1-2 Minutes:
                        2-3 Minutes:
                        3-4 Minutes:
                        4-5 Minutes:
                        5-6 Minutes:
                        6-7 Minutes:
                        7-8 Minutes:
                        8-9 Minutes:
                        9-10 Minutes:

And if you want a time after 10 minutes, just let me know.

And the odds of Plinius beating the lion are running at 100:1 odds. A real long shot!

And don't forget my name: Faustus Desticius Decentius, the honest bookie!

Comment

I'll take Plinius beating the lion. 1 full wealth point is my bet.
                          Torienus
                          History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                          _________
                          BoRG

Comment

5 gold on 5 minutes
                            "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                            "

Comment

I bet 500 Quatloos on the lions in 3-4 minutes

Comment

Updated bets (prefered bet is in gold or wealth pts, but I'm a very open individual).

0-1 Minutes:
                                1-2 Minutes:
                                2-3 Minutes:
                                3-4 Minutes: skoblin (500 Quatloos aka gold aka wealth points )
                                4-5 Minutes: ace (5 gold)
                                5-6 Minutes:
                                6-7 Minutes:
                                7-8 Minutes:
                                8-9 Minutes:
                                9-10 Minutes:

Plinius defeating the Lion: Torien (1 wealth point)

Don't place a bet if you're not willing to pay up. Its a crime, and I might just hire some guys to come bye and break your kneecaps.

skoblin, I've got my eye on you especially.

-Faustus Desticius Decentius
                                Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 26 Nov 08, 18:54.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X