Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Forum Romanum, the 11th of September...

People of Rome,

Who says that the people are suffering ?

I hereby present to you not only bread but also wine and clothes for you all.

This is the promised gift to you from General Scipius for all your suffering these last few months and the sacrifice of your sons on the field of battle in the East !

Hereby let it be known to all the agitators here in the city, that General Scipius is a man of his word !

Victory in Parthia is now ensured and soon your sons will be returning home…as “heroes”.

There is no greater gift, then the return of your cherished loved ones…

Rejoice people ! Enjoy the spills of victory, for they are all yours !!!!

Hail General Scipius “the Victor of Parthia” and General Rubinus !!!!
    Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
    I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• While you're in such a generous mood -- perhaps you would also take care of an outstanding debt to the Slaughtered Lamb for me ??

Thank you in advance for your benevolence I'll consider the matter resolved

Franzius of Noricum -- Impoverished Merchant Guild Alderman and Former Purveyor of Fine Gentle Lions
      I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Dressed in strange Eastern clothing, and riding atop a great Parthian War Stallion, a grizzly man arrives at the Slaughtered Lamb. With him is a train of a dozen magnificent Parthian horses, a few ladened with packs and sheepskin bladders - some empty, and some still half filled with water. The weary rider, unshaved and dust covered tied his animals to what is left of the hitching rail that remained intact despite the brutal beating of Karma, known to some as the local "Loud Mouth" outside the Slaughtered Lamb. As he approached the front entrance of the Slaughtered Lamb, the rider stopped to take notice of the yellow stained post in the side alley alongside the Slaughtered Lamb. What appeared to be some poorly maintained teeth glistened in the dirt.

He walks in and orders the special prefixed meal.

The diners gaze. He looks familiar. They do not dare to stare, he looks dangerous. They do not dare to ask each other, they are afraid he may overhear!
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Clovis, my old friend, sister of Cleitus...

Such that all hungry & sundry in need might find relief...

Cast Open Your Doors...

Render All Aid To Our People As My Wealth Might Provide!

For I - Scipius - now go forth among our people such as to appeal for their decree of my Proconsul!

I seek that my Victory Procession might lead to the exercise of true Roman Justice,

Not unruly mob violence!

I seek to reunite our Legio's in service to our people!

Rome Is Her People...

It Is Only They That I Shall Serve!

Our Victorious forces in the east are well served by their Tribunes, Centurions & Men to full extent!

General Rubinus now exercises provisional command of the Legio's of Paulus!

Victory against Parthia is Ours!

Now Peace & Justice For The People Of Rome Shall Be My Only Task Until Delivered!

Scipius
          Victor of Parthia
          Guardian of Rome

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• People of Rome…, Senators…, Generals…, and foreign representatives….,

--Senator Antonius stands at the podium in front of a crowd; he is holding a plain burlap sack--

I, the Senator of the People, Senator Antonius, have returned!

I have exposed myself to rebels and assassins to deliver one last request in the name of the Roman Empire.

This is not the first time I have risked my life in the name of Rome and her People, but it may very well be the last. The road we have travelled together has been harsh and unforgiving...,

and I fear the weasels may still be closing in….

We, the People of Rome, have seen each other through unimagined hardships and treachery. We have stood in the face crime waves, fires, disease, Republican usurpation and Praetorian tyranny. We have vanquished foes both foreign and domestic! And we must gather our strength once more, and finalize our triumph by maintaining the release of Caesar to his People!!!

Our victory against the rebel Praetorians at the Falco Imperial Penal Facility and on Senate floor proved that we are righteous. And despite the loss of precious life, it showed the enemies of Caesar that will stand against them no matter the cost!

Gaius the Traitor still claims he occupies the position of Captain to the Praetorian Guard. His coup, while unsuccessful, has not fully played out, and we must force the final act of this comic-tragedy. We must protect Caesar, or die trying!

We also must beware of General Scipius. His intentions towards the throne have been made clear, and we mustn’t be fooled by his benevolent charlatanisms…, if Caesar falls it will complete his scheming.

Do not waiver in your convictions, resist propaganda and break bones if needs be. We shall no longer accept this affront to The Roman Empire!

And to you, Senator Torienus, I have not forgotten your deceit. You will be hunted down for your crimes. You may have escaped death at the Falco I.P.F., but it shall not happen again!

Come with me now, People of Rome; come with to the floor of the Roman Senate!

We will declare the Praetorian as outlaws. We will pursue and prosecute Gaius!

We will protect Caesar in the name of Rome!!!

~Senator Antonius "Fat Tony" Soprano III~
            "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• The Herald's Guild has found evidence of Antonius' New World Order Guards!

See these reproductions of the scenes witnessed today!

http://www.uwgb.edu/aldreteg/R.Army.Day.html

Quite an effective Legion, hmmm?

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
              _________
              BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
                The Herald's Guild has found evidence of Antonius' New World Order Guards!

See these reproductions of the scenes witnessed today!

http://www.uwgb.edu/aldreteg/R.Army.Day.html

Quite an effective Legion, hmmm?

I found that link to be very interesting --- I know Bret Favre is old -- but had no Idea he was old enough to have a fan club among the Roman Legions

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
                  I found that link to be very interesting --- I know Bret Favre is old -- but had no Idea he was old enough to have a fan club among the Roman Legions
                  I think the one guy had a Brewers logo on his shield as well.
                  History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                  _________
                  BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
                    I think the one guy had a Brewers logo on his shield as well.
                    Yep - in several of the photo's -- but I think one would be hard pressed to find a less likely group of "combatants" LOL

BoRG

Comment

• Praeco de Romae v.XIV

Romans,

The Heralds are afraid to roam the city. We come to you here in the Lamb with Clovis' permission.

Much information has come to us and we felt that we should impart to as many people as possible.

Lysurgus has invaded Dacia:
                      The Barbarian Lysurgus has put the province of Dacia to the torch! Senators of Rome have tried to entreat him to stop, hoping to meet his demands. But these Barbarians are not civil like we Romans and have refused all conditions of diplomacy. Much property has been destroyed. many hundreds are dead. Dacia may be lost to the Empire!

Radulf threatens Germania:
                      Radulf, leader of the Tungrii and Chattii tribes has again been moved to action on our northern borders. Unfortunately the Legion assigned to protect us has looted and pillaged his lands once again. Radulf has promised much more bloodshed in retaliation this time! We fear that the small garrisons of the Germanic provinces will not be enough to stop him. Radulf and the Tungrii could be in Italia very soon!

Pestilence in the East!
                      Many dark tales of disease and death are coming from the provinces of Aegyptus and Greece! Almost all trade has stopped and virtually no grain is coming to Rome from these traditional bread baskets. Hunger and plague are the only riches we Romans have in abundance these days. We have heard even further tales of galleys arriving in Ostia with naught but skeletons for crew! Neptune must have taken these men and the cargo they transported as penalty for Rome losing it's faith in these troubled times.

Judaea in rebellion. Again!
                      Although the war in Armenia and Parthia seems to have quieted; with all of the conflict amongst our own Legions, the religious rebels of Judaea are taking this opportunity to once more try and throw off Roman rule! Without the firm leadership of Paulus or Scipius to quell these rebels, we are in danger of losing our gateway to the east. All of the bloodshed to secure our borders, and we may fall from within!

Galatia also abandoned:
                      Since Drusus pulled all of the Legio from Asia Minor, the brigand tribes of the Steppes have once more made incursions into Galatia. The city states of the entire province have gone into siege mode and all trade has stopped in this province as well. With no protection here, it seems as though we may have invited our enemies to come and pick the over ripe fruit of our Empire!

War has come to Rome:
                      Many rumors of a great battle on the very steps of Rome have saturated the City. Details are still cloudy, but this is known for sure: almost six Legions of Rome's Finest have fallen to each other's Gladii. Some have said that General Drusus has fallen. Others that it is Gaius who is dead. And a few have heard that both are now with Pluto! We will let you know as soon as we hear more.

Emperor Sal the Great is alive!
                      The Senate is a buzz with the words of the Emperor. He is alive and kicking. But he does seem to be weak. Whether he was tortured or he refused to eat, it is plain to all that he is not the man he once was. Edicts have been issued, but Sal seems confused and may have been poisoned by his advisors. Known criminals and traitors are jockeying for postition at his right hand and Sal doesn't even seem to mind.

But where is Torienus?
                      The Heralds still fear for our lost leader. Where is Torienus? One thing is certain: the lack of leadership in this city has proved the value of the missing Senator. Nobody went hungry on his watch. Nobody feared to walk the streets. And now? The inmates are running the asylum!

More than this we should not say...

Gnaeus Curtius Cincinnatus, Chief Herald
                      _________
                      BoRG

Comment

• Ahh the events of the empire truly entertain! The spirits provided by Clovis to mellow the impact of unhappy news leaves me wondering what shall become of Drusus the enemy? while rumors abound of doings in Dacia.
                        Clovis?! another drink before I sober into despondancy!

- A patron
                        BoRG
                        "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Paul "Fat Tony" the Mann III had a great idea - an SPQR ribbon for participants upon conclusion of the game!

The Germanic Hordling endorses this idea
                          Last edited by Skoblin; 21 Apr 09, 11:55.

Comment

• Originally posted by skoblin View Post
                            Paul "Fat Tony" the Mann III had a great idea - an SPQR ribbon for participants upon conclusion of the game!

I would second this as I am Ribbonless,
                            BoRG
                            "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Hell Yeah.

Originally posted by skoblin View Post
                              Paul "Fat Tony" the Mann III had a great idea - an SPQR ribbon for participants upon conclusion of the game!

Indeed. It's been one hell of a game, and I know the players have posted more and PMd more in this game than all of the tournaments and model builds combined.

This game deserves a ribbon.
                              "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                                This game deserves a ribbon.
                                It should be simple Roman purple with a splash of red on it.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X