Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AB! haven't seen you in a while. how's life?
    Sail on Britannia.

Comment

• I beg the many officers and people of Rome in this inn to give me and my family something to eat. There is a shortage of food in our capital. The marketplaces are empty, the shops are closing. Since commerce and trade have fallen, there is much unemployment. Please end this civil war...for it is not only killing our brave soldiers on the battlefields, but also the citizens on the fields and in the cities...

'Let them hate us so long as they fear us.' Caligula

Comment

• Originally posted by sawman0311 View Post
        AB! haven't seen you in a while. how's life?
        Life can be busy sometimes, plus, you wont see me online later... got a HUGE pile of wood to cut up today.
        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
        Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• This man and his poor family will be given the same rations provided to the Heralds at their Guild Hall.
          Only follow me to this place and you shall be made whole once more.

Rome and all of it's Citizens are indeed suffering greatly from this Troubled Time.
          Alas, we lack for the great leadership once present in this city.

Hopefully Mithras will grant us peace once again.
          Maybe the return of General Paulus is the catalyst of change needed to set things aright!

Gnaeus Curtius Cincinnatus, Primo de Heraldus
          History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
          _________
          BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
            Life can be busy sometimes, plus, you wont see me online later... got a HUGE pile of wood to cut up today.
            General Rubinus cutting wood

Ooooops, this should be in the Slaughtered Lamb...
            Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratego View Post
              General Rubinus cutting wood

Ooooops, this should be in the Slaughtered Lamb...
              Thank the Gods for electricity...
              "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
              Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• Sound of goodbye...

Romans,

I, Gnaeus Curtius Cincinnatus, First Herald of Rome, regret to inform the citizenry: Not only has our beloved Senator Torienus gone missing. But his beloved wife, Aula Arria Carina, has gone mad with grief and taken her own life!

Mithras has shared this vision of her grief and passing with us.

We share it with you, so that you may know our loss:

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                _________
                BoRG

Comment

• A drunk speaks his mind...

I hear you all talk about the End of Rome, and our poor Emperor should do this and Gaius should do that and our beloved Senate should do this and Drusus should do that blablabla...
                  You know what: I spit on those Roman senators and those Roman generals. As if they care about the People of Rome they speak so highly of ! Well let me tell you, they don't give a damn about the people, because only the beloved people of Rome are bleeding, only the virtuous people are going hungry, only the resilient people of Rome are becoming poorer by the day.
                  Damn them all to HADES !!!!
                  As if any of those senators think about the fate of the people, babbling all day long about politics and eating themselves fat every evening on their large and fertile estates, bathing in wealth...this is solely a game of power and only US -the people- are paying for it !
                  It's a shame that on the Night of the 17th only a handful of senators have been murdered, it should have been every one of them I tell you...
                  I tell you one thing fellow citizens: the people won't accept this screwing around much longer...soon we will rise up and when we do, it will make the Night of the 17th look like a picknick !!!

Tineius

Have a good night
                  'Let them hate us so long as they fear us.' Caligula

Comment

• Originally posted by Munk View Post
                    I hear you all talk about the End of Rome, and our poor Emperor should do this and Gaius should do that and our beloved Senate should do this and Drusus should do that blablabla...
                    You know what: I spit on those Roman senators and those Roman generals. As if they care about the People of Rome they speak so highly of ! Well let me tell you, they don't give a damn about the people, because only the beloved people of Rome are bleeding, only the virtuous people are going hungry, only the resilient people of Rome are becoming poorer by the day.
                    Damn them all to HADES !!!!
                    As if any of those senators think about the fate of the people, babbling all day long about politics and eating themselves fat every evening on their large and fertile estates, bathing in wealth...this is solely a game of power and only US -the people- are paying for it !
                    It's a shame that on the Night of the 17th only a handful of senators have been murdered, it should have been every one of them I tell you...
                    I tell you one thing fellow citizens: the people won't accept this screwing around much longer...soon we will rise up and when we do, it will make the Night of the 17th look like a picknick !!!

Tineius

Have a good night
                    en Vinus Veritas
                    BoRG
                    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• As the sustained din & chatter of the many casual & boisterous patrons, weary & hungry travelers consuming their meals, as well the general incitements & naybobbery of drunken imbibers perpetually drone on through the tavern... a near blood curdling command issues forth from behind & beneath the bar... from the only semblance of residence of the man issuing forth in appeal:
                      Cleitus, By The Gods...

Whiskus Me!

And all Honorable People present in this establishment by my tab!

Though I suffer in great agony, I appeal for such relief of drink & comradeship ...

The criminal "thugs" which accosted me while tending my business in the alley have failed...

No Honorable Roman abides criminal ambush visited upon innocents in the dark...

(Especially while one is pissing for his own honorable relief!)

Such are the dishonorable acts of cowards unable to practice honor & abide justice in the light...

Not acts condoned by the vastly Honorable People of Rome!

These "thugs" show themselves for the true
                      criminals that they are...

They defeat themselves in the eyes of all citizens of Honor & Justice in Rome!

Indeed, Whiskus me, dear Cleitus, for I yet live & they shall dread it!

Last edited by Admiral; 12 Apr 09, 00:05.
                      On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• HOLD ON JUST AN OLIVE-PICKING MINUTE!!!!!

Firstly, Karma just got robbed, there shall be no pouring unless it is confirmed that cash in on hand! Sorry, times are tough, and no credit can be issued except that of the Emperor!

Secondly, Karma has a concussion. Alcohol in not recommended, and definitely no plumbum!

Thirdly, there is no medical personnel on staff here. Drink at your own risk, but I have been told that alcohol will thin the blood and increase bleeding and prevent proper clotting of wounds. Karma, you are dripping blood from your nose!

Lastly, I recommend a hardly meal instead. The fermented fish is also good for cleaning wounds.

Clovis - Sister of Cleitus
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Cleitus... I am in Love with your sister!

Might I have her hand & make her me bride?

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                            Cleitus... I am in Love with your sister!

HAND?

That reminds me........

STAFF and PATRONS.......

Keep clear of Karma's hands.............they have been taking care of BUSINESS!!!!!!!!

Clovis - Sister of Cleitus
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Who Loves Ya, Baby?

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                                Cleitus... I am in Love with your sister!

You did say Concussion right?
                                BoRG
                                "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Working...
                                X