Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Sal, you are indeed a wonderful and benevolent ruler. You make your subjects proud and the Heralds will sing your praises for a thousand years!
    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
    _________
    BoRG

Comment

• We've just got to get fresher victuals to our forces in Parthia, the fermented fish isn't cutting it
      BoRG
      "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
        We've just got to get fresher victuals to our forces in Parthia, the fermented fish isn't cutting it
        It was foreseen. During Senato Honorius' exile and expedition to the Han Empire, plans were set into place to send food to the Roman Legions in the East via the Silk Road. The food should already be there. Take it up with the contracted freight fowarder, Fanzius of Noricum.

The Emperor made sure to included many coveted culinary delights, such as Thousand Years Old Eggs, Bittermelons, Pressed Ducks, and Noodles.
        Last edited by Salinator; 01 Apr 09, 00:47.
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• We will gladly deliver any supplies in our possession IMMEDIATELY upon receiving payment for our speedy delivery services -- until such time as payment is received - all goods shall remain in our Bonded Warehouse

Always glad to be of service -- please call on us again in your hour of need

Franzius of Noricum -- Teamsters Teamster Extraordinar
          I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
            We will gladly deliver any supplies in our possession IMMEDIATELY upon receiving payment for our speedy delivery services -- until such time as payment is received - all goods shall remain in our Bonded Warehouse

Always glad to be of service -- please call on us again in your hour of need

Franzius of Noricum -- Teamsters Teamster Extraordinar
            The contract clearly stated payment within 90 days upon presentation in triplicate of receipt of goods delivered intact, uncompromised, and in full accounting. Also stated clearly in the contract is the timely delivery of foodstuffs and perishables.

The Emperor is especially concerned about the Fermented Fish Curds. Also the Thousand Years Old Eggs are best served fresh, not at One Thousand and One Years!
            Last edited by Salinator; 01 Apr 09, 01:29.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Intact ?? -- Outrageous !!! - We have never yet delivered anything Intact !! We have no intention of starting now on a path toward such a foolish and lofty goal!

As far as uncompromising is concerned - have we not - each and every one of us - been compromised in one manner or another ? Would anyone hold us to such a standard ?? I say -- Never !

I'll have to admit -- some of our Teamsters got a bit hungry on this long and arduous trek -- most of the foodstuffs and perishables were consumed in route.

The good news is -- we arrived with 87 toilet seats -- 677 snow shoes and many cases of winter parkas -- those should come in very handy if the temperature ever falls below 95 degrees F. Additionally, we have 73 cases of hammer heads - 46 boxes of Ax heads and a number of shovel points -- regrettably, the handles for those were consumed in flames over a period of several cool nights in transit.

Our invoice -- in triplicate will be submitted for payment in the morning -- your generous offer to pay three times the cost agreed upon is appreciated -- I assume that was your meaning when you asked for a triple invoice -- your generosity is beyond measure and will never be forgotten !

Franzius of Noricum -- Weary Freighter

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Oh -- I meant to mention -- those Thousand Year Old Eggs are really quite tasty - just as you said. They also tend to stick with you for a time -- you can enjoy them again and again - for as long as a week - if you happen to "belch"

Franzius of Noricum - Teamsters Union Food Critic

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                  I Senator Bardas Phocas is more than able to defend my honour.
                  The young lady in question is my daughter and I would prefer her to remain chaste if you do not mind.
                  sorry about that.

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                  Are there more assassins on the rampage . This is looking very enjoyable . Especially when I'm not the target .
                  perhaps you are the employer then.
                  Sail on Britannia.

Comment

• Originally posted by sawman0311 View Post
                    sorry about that.

perhaps you are the employer then.
                    If I were the employer I would have been sucessful . This is better than I could have hoped for . Beats the arena any day.
                    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
                      Oh -- I meant to mention -- those Thousand Year Old Eggs are really quite tasty - just as you said. They also tend to stick with you for a time -- you can enjoy them again and again - for as long as a week - if you happen to "belch"

Franzius of Noricum - Teamsters Union Food Critic
                      Just thinking about eating those makes me woozy.
                      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                      _________
                      BoRG

Comment

• New Player--Need Help

Salvete mei amici!

I am a brand new player and am wondering if someone could outline for me the basics of how SPQR works. I've gone back through all of Gameturn 8 and most of the Offensive Against Parthia threads, and while I kind of have a sketchy idea of what's going on, I could use with quite a bit more elucidation. All I could make out is that everyone loves to make long political speeches, there was a heck of a lot of bloodshed in Rome recently, and that character cheat sheets come in handy.

Furthermore, I would appreciate it if the two current rival factions--the Imperial Party and the Senatorial Party--would now make their respective sales pitches to me, outlining their general ideas, ideals, platforms, mission statements, etc., so I can decide which side to choose.....or I could just remain neutral and watch you all kill each other, stepping in to fill the power vacuum at the last moment.....

Thank you in advance for your help and for putting up with the ignorance of a newbie senator...

Sincerely,
                        The Honorable Senator Quintus Vespillo

Comment

• Quintus, These are not to Rival Parties in Rome. There is doing right and doing wrong. One side Namley that which supports reform and the removal of tratiors. Has propmted for trials of criminals. this side holds the support of the senate.
                          we fight treason and opression.
                          You may hear from such people as Antonious who abandoned the city and his post as senator to become an outlaw. and Salinatorious who is currently heald under guard in the palace.

regards, and welcome aboard.
                          -Gaius Marius
                          Captain Praetorian Guard
                          General Felix Legions.

for more info PM me.
                          Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                          I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
                            Quintus, These are not to Rival Parties in Rome. There is doing right and doing wrong. One side Namley that which supports reform and the removal of tratiors. Has propmted for trials of criminals. this side holds the support of the senate.
                            we fight treason and opression.
                            You may hear from such people as Antonious who abandoned the city and his post as senator to become an outlaw. and Salinatorious who is currently heald under guard in the palace.

regards, and welcome aboard.
                            -Gaius Marius
                            Captain Praetorian Guard
                            General Felix Legions.

for more info PM me.
                            Thank you for the information Gaius, although I wish you could have been a bit more detailed. I'll PM you for more info...and get in contact with Salinatorius as well, to hear the other side of the story.

Regards,
                            Senator Quintus Vespillo

Comment

• it is my pleasure Quintus
                              -Gaius
                              Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                              I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• If you go visit Sal -- try to avoid the Fermented Fish he's bound to offer a visitor

Franzius of Noricum -- suffering terrible indigestion -- those 1000 year old eggs aren't sitting well.

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X