This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sawman0311 View Post
    I heard from a reliable source that Senator Bardas Phocas has frequently been seen with a vestal virgin! What have you to say for yourself young man?! This is an outrage!!

Seneos
    Governor of Armenia
    I Senator Bardas Phocas is more than able to defend my honour.
    The young lady in question is my daughter and I would prefer her to remain chaste if you do not mind.

Are there more assassins on the rampage . This is looking very enjoyable . Especially when I'm not the target .

May I suggest to whoever is sending them that the whole idea of an assassin is to send one that does not get caught and does not give secrets of his employer. I had thought I was retiring and no longer hold a certain individual, but it seems there are plenty more fish in the sea.

On an important note, with the war going on, may we please stop the attempts so that Armenia and Rome can soley concentrate on the campaign.

Your humble servant
    Senator Bardas Phocas
    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• what are you talking about you old fool. the Praetorian stands ready and able.
      Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
      I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
        I Senator Bardas Phocas is more than able to defend my honour.
        The young lady in question is my daughter and I would prefer her to remain chaste if you do not mind.
        From what I hear she's been 'Chaste' all up and down the Aventine!
        BoRG
        "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Originally posted by Salinator View Post
          Tonight's Special at the Slaughtered Lamb:

Prefixed Meal:

I) Starter: Cauldron Stickers. A clever adaptation!
          II) Salata: Han Chicken Salad tossed with Etruscan Baked Wheat Crumbles.
          III) Antipasti: Crustini and Smoked Teutoberger-Wald Ham.
          IV) Main: Filet of Ferment Fish served over a delightful bed of Julienned Garden Varietials.
          V) Desert: Grapes and flavored ice.

Recommended Wine: Po Valley, Proprietor's Reserve, Roma Villa Rojo 80AD
          I'll have the # III Special -- with the Recommended Wine -- On my TAB of course

Franzius of Noricum - Short on Cash but with a healthy appetite
          I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Ill Take V on Franzius' Tab.
            Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me

Comment

• LOL -- you may as well join in on my Tab -- everyone else seems to do that every chance they get

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• im only goin' with the flow

Comment

• Good luck, Youngster...

Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post

what are you talking about you old fool. the Praetorian stands ready and able.
                  Huh? Ready and able for what?

Senator Antonius is harder to catch than Bin Laden...
                  "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• we shall see, oh we shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post

The Heralds are a little short on denarii this week. Will you pick up the tab for all of us?
                      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                      _________
                      BoRG

Comment

Would you like the ham Varus Style or Arminius Style?
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Is it available in Schwarzwald Style ?

BoRG

Comment

Is it available in Schwarzwald Style ?
                            Not yet, that would still be a few centuries away, however the Emperor is experimenting with honey.

Varus Style: Ham is minced and is on the bottom with the toast(Crustini) covering it.
                            Arminius Style: Ham is sliced and piled high on the toast.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

• Public Notice:

In accordance to the Imperial Stimulus Package, meals and drinks at the Slaughtered Lamb are subsidised by the Emperor.

I) Meals must be ordered from the "prefixed meal" daily special. If no new meal is posted, the last meal posted is still the daily special. With your cooperation, we can avoid having to endure the same daily special repeatedly.

II) A prefixed meal is a combo meal. In an effort to embrace fine dining, Emperor Sal worked long hours with international culinary experts and also the staff of The Slaughtered Lamb to bring you a multi-course meal at outstanding prices. For a limited time, these fine prefixed meals are paid for by the Empire, and II drink coupons are redeemable per diner. Unfortunately, if you choose to order out-of-course, the meal is no longer covered and the drink coupons are invalidated.

III) During this economic crisis, in addition to the above, all Heralds may order off the basic menu to bring home to their families. Yes, the Emperor knows that is unusual, but the Emperor is confident that one day "to go" will be a common phrase.

IV) All members of the Praetorian Guard and Roman Legions are eligible for the above benefits with the following exceptions and exclusions:
                              ...A) No eating while on duty.
                              ...B) Drink coupons are invalidated for all alcoholic beverages unless they are on leave, furlough, disability, etc.
                              ...C) They must not be named Falco.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

• OK -- I'm sold -- I'll have the Arminius Style -- Honey on the side - and, of course, the recommended Wine - in abundance

Franzius of Noricum - Starving Alderman of the Merchant Guild

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X