Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Slaughtered Lamb - 0fficial SPQR Thermopolium

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
    Well -- this is sounding better by the moment -- a free meal -- very nice !! But wait -- how much are they charging for wine and spirits ?? -- The skeptic in me says -- Caution !!
    The Emperor has foreseen your cheapassery.

    Each diner are issued two coupons good for one drink each. Those coupons are only good for that meal. The coupons are only good for Roman wines and beverages. Anything else is on your own denarii!
    Last edited by Salinator; 28 Mar 09, 19:37.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

    Prayers.

    BoRG

    http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

    Comment


    • I like Dogs far better than most People

      As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

      BoRG

      Comment


      • I love coupons.

        Maybe we could start a new economy with the buying and selling of the free drink coupons? Might be more stable than the denarii after all the bailouts in the market square.
        History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
        _________
        BoRG
        __________
        "I am Arthur, King of the Britons!"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Torien View Post
          I love coupons.

          Maybe we could start a new economy with the buying and selling of the free drink coupons? Might be more stable than the denarii after all the bailouts in the market square.
          The drinks coupon is not a commodity! It is intended to encourage dining. Without food, those coupons are worthless. Emperor Sal is ever so wise!

          Oddly, the Heralds are in most need of a bailout, and Emperor Sal has responded.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

          Prayers.

          BoRG

          http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

          Comment


          • And NOW !!!! - Rumors again run rampant !! - We hear, on the streets, that Senator Ariobarzanus was targeted for assassination -- and the assassin - who was captured, is singing like a little bird - with the Armenian Governor Seneos being named as a "person of interest" !!.

            Is there no honor in this Realm ? Are we all to fear for the lives of our leaders on a daily basis?

            Franzius of Noricum -- Concerned Rumor Monger
            I like Dogs far better than most People

            As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

            BoRG

            Comment


            • I heard from a reliable source that Senator Bardas Phocas has frequently been seen with a vestal virgin! What have you to say for yourself young man?! This is an outrage!!

              Seneos
              Governor of Armenia

              Senator-

              I've been informed of a scandal happening in the temple of Aphrodite in Tigranakert.

              Seems that senator Bardas Phocas has been seen with one of the young Vestal Virgins. Her name is Tuccia and she is certainly one of the most beautiful young ladies guarding the hoily fire in the temple.
              Only 22 years old, it seems that she has fallen in love with him. He has been seen with her frequently.
              Last edited by sawman0311; 28 Mar 09, 20:13.
              Sail on Britannia.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
                And NOW !!!! - Rumors again run rampant !! - We hear, on the streets, that Senator Ariobarzanus was targeted for assassination -- and the assassin - who was captured, is singing like a little bird - with the Armenian Governor Seneos being named as a "person of interest" !!.

                Is there no honor in this Realm ? Are we all to fear for the lives of our leaders on a daily basis?

                Franzius of Noricum -- Concerned Rumor Monger
                Wait - what the hell is a "person of intrest"? Is someone targeting me for assassination?
                Sail on Britannia.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sawman0311 View Post
                  I heard from a reliable source that Senator Bardas Phocas has frequently been seen with a vestigial virgin! What have you to say for yourself young man?! This is an outrage!!

                  Seneos
                  Governor of Armenia
                  Nonesense. Bardas Phocas prefers to hang out with old cronies and watch over his sheep.

                  Originally posted by sawman0311 View Post
                  Wait - what the hell is a "person of intrest"? Is someone targeting me for assassination?
                  A "person of interest" means someone who may has something to do with it, but you must know that already.
                  Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                  Prayers.

                  BoRG

                  http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                    A "person of interest" means someone who may has something to do with it, but you must know that already.
                    Know that already? What are you suggesting, bucko? I have ordered not one assassination in my career. None. This assassin is obviously either a phony, paid by my enemies to discredit me, or a bloody liar. Why was I not informed of this earlier? Is Sen. Ariobarzanus alright?

                    Seneos
                    Governor of Armenia
                    Sail on Britannia.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                      Nonesense. Bardas Phocas prefers to hang out with old cronies and watch over his sheep.
                      As to that, I'm only telling you what I heard. Read the dispatch in the first post.
                      Sail on Britannia.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by sawman0311 View Post
                        As to that, I'm only telling you what I heard. Read the dispatch in the first post.
                        They like shopping together, painting each other's finger and toe nails, and trade stories about guys. No big deal.
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                        Prayers.

                        BoRG

                        http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                        Comment


                        • nice.
                          Sail on Britannia.

                          Comment


                          • Tonight's Special at the Slaughtered Lamb:


                            Prefixed Meal:

                            I) Starter: Cauldron Stickers. A clever adaptation!
                            II) Salata: Han Chicken Salad tossed with Etruscan Baked Wheat Crumbles.
                            III) Antipasti: Crustini and Smoked Teutoberger-Wald Ham.
                            IV) Main: Filet of Ferment Fish served over a delightful bed of Julienned Garden Varietials.
                            V) Desert: Grapes and flavored ice.

                            Recommended Wine: Po Valley, Proprietor's Reserve, Roma Villa Rojo 80AD
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                            Prayers.

                            BoRG

                            http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
                              And NOW !!!! - Rumors again run rampant !! - We hear, on the streets, that Senator Ariobarzanus was targeted for assassination -- and the assassin - who was captured, is singing like a little bird - with the Armenian Governor Seneos being named as a "person of interest" !!.

                              Is there no honor in this Realm ? Are we all to fear for the lives of our leaders on a daily basis?

                              Franzius of Noricum -- Concerned Rumor Monger
                              He was captured? Lemme at him! Fellow senators, I ask for your help in pursuing this investigation.
                              TTFN

                              Comment


                              • I have class in 6 hours...

                                I see the Praetorian has fled in shame...

                                Please, Senator Antonius shall have 27 shots of whatever is handy...
                                "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

                                BoRG

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X