Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no no, leave that chair I have plans for that one.
    Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
    I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• So instead of the Marius Reforms just being for the military, I thought I would step it up and go for the gold
      Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me

Comment

• I hear Senator Torienus is being served generous portions of delicious and healthy fermented fish.
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Over-heard in the Lamb...

Two guards from the prison are being over-served by Cleitus.

Let's listen in on their conversation:

Mercatius: Have you smelled the new vittles we have to serve to the Senate prisoners?

Eprius: Smell it?!? I could feel that stench from down the road! What is that?

Mercatius: The Emperor's favorite - Fermented Fish. I don't know how anyone eats that filth.

Eprius: What about Torienus? Does he eat it?

M: You know, I can't believe how well Torienus seems to be taking his captivity. He never complains. Even when one of Antonius' men comes in for his regular beating, he just takes it. And he eats every bite we give him.

E: I've heard that he is even friendly to the guards and scullery maids! This man is nowhere near the monster that Antonius would have us believe. Did you see that group of Mithrans that visited yesterday?

M: Yeah. What a mixed bunch! There were merchants and dock-workers. Artisans and stonemasons. And the women!! And all they did was pray!

E: I'm starting to think that maybe Torienus was telling the truth about everything. His demeanor is certainly not what we were led to believe.

M: Agreed. But what does it matter now? How can he do anything from in the prison?

E: I don't know. But we need more whiskus! Cleitus. Whiskus. Now!

Fermented Fish! Mmmm.
          History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
          _________
          BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
            . Did you see that group of Mithrans that visited yesterday?

M: Yeah. What a mixed bunch! There were merchants and dock-workers. Artisans and stonemasons. And the women!! And all they did was pray!
            WHAT WOMAN HAS SPOKEN OF MITHRAS?!?
            Women are forbidden to our God! to know of HIS mysteries is to earn a quick death!

They must be these Christians that are abounding! they've stolen from the teachings of the God of Light, and only these Milk-fed Christians would allow women into their worship... a Dead Carpenter saviour! what Foolishness!

-a Roman Soldier
            BoRG
            "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
              Eprius: What about Torienus? Does he eat it?

M: You know, I can't believe how well Torienus seems to be taking his captivity. He never complains. Even when one of Antonius' men comes in for his regular beating, he just takes it. And he eats every bite we give him.

E: I've heard that he is even friendly to the guards and scullery maids! This man is nowhere near the monster that Antonius would have us believe. Did you see that group of Mithrans that visited yesterday?

E: I'm starting to think that maybe Torienus was telling the truth about everything. His demeanor is certainly not what we were led to believe.

M: Agreed. But what does it matter now? How can he do anything from in the prison?

E: I don't know. But we need more whiskus! Cleitus. Whiskus. Now!

Fermented Fish! Mmmm.
              Excellent composure in adversity, my son. You make me proud!

ghost of Plinius
              once and always Roman Senator
              BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• My Lions have starved to death -- I am destitute -- the Legal system of Rome -- with these endless appeals and postponements of execution has driven my to poverty and despair.

Sad is the plight of the merchants of Rome and the citizens that require entertainment -- very sad indeed.

Franzius of Noricum -- Returning to the land of his birth - perhaps a "living" can be earned there.
                I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
                  My Lions have starved to death -- I am destitute -- the Legal system of Rome -- with these endless appeals and postponements of execution has driven my to poverty and despair.

Sad is the plight of the merchants of Rome and the citizens that require entertainment -- very sad indeed.

Franzius of Noricum -- Returning to the land of his birth - perhaps a "living" can be earned there.
                  You should be investing in new lions right about now. There are 150 Senators being fatten with fermented fish as we speak.

Baesius - Roman Citizen

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

• Greetings fellows.

I'm very much enjoying the SPQR Offensive against Parthia, as Quintus Flavius, and I am wondering how ( if possible) I could join the Main SPQR game...Cause Damn! what a fine thing you have going there!

I threw in the Ad-lib about Mithras because I couldn't resist ( sorry to barge in) so I thought I'd ask.

Cheers

Arthwys/Quintus Flavius

Last edited by Arthwys; 05 Mar 09, 17:02. Reason: spelling error
                    BoRG
                    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Check with Stratego aka Fate.

He must approve new characters.
                      "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                        Check with Stratego aka Fate.

He must approve new characters.
                        Approve ? I must "process" them...

I'll get back at ya Arthwys...

Just be aware that we will be ending gameturn 8 somewhere next week !

There are only 10 gameturns in the SPQR game !

Greets,
                        FATE
                        Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• So a forthnight and more have passed since the patriotic uprising. The Slaughtered Lamb finds clients amiss. The markets are empty, streets are silent, and lawful Imperial subjects hide at home in fear of the unlawful rule of Gaius.

The Senate must demand the immediate freedom of the Emperor. Only when he is returned to power shall Rome cast off this dark cloud of pessimism and resume her glorious and rightful rule as the Empire favored by the Gods!

Clovis - Sister of Cleitus

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

• It's been rumored that Senator Antonius has been frequently The Lamb since the fall of the Republican Senate, although dressed as a common thug, in order to mingle with his People.

-Maximus Bongus-
                            "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Unlawful Rule, If what I do is unlawful then to be Roman is treason.

Comment

• Hey Cleitus ! Isn't it time for you to get a pooltable, so we can play some pool while waiting?
                                Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X