X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
    Bullsh*t...

Those people have don't forks or a good tomato sauce, what the hell would they want with noodles?
    Do we have forks and to-ma-to sauce?

-Alexander

Comment

• Nope -- and I don't like noodles anyway

Good to see you back Conlin -- You were missed -- not by me of course -- but by some others
      I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
        Nope -- and I don't like noodles anyway

Good to see you back Conlin -- You were missed -- not by me of course -- but by some others
        6k already!!! Dear god!!

-Alexander

Comment

• Originally posted by Conlin View Post
          6k already!!! Dear god!!

-Alexander
          Well -- I have a lot to say

But no one ever listens

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• How about killer boar?
            "All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers ... Each one owes infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he was born." - Francois Fenelon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
              Well -- I have a lot to say

But no one ever listens
              I wonder why...

Originally posted by delboy View Post
              How about killer boar?
              Ask Tiberious, he's the father of "The Barbarian of Rome"...or was...

-Alexander

Comment

Bullsh*t...

Those people have don't forks or a good tomato sauce, what the hell would they want with noodles?
                Good tomato (or tomatoe if you're Quayle) sauces didn't even exist in Italy until at least the 1600's. Probably not until the 1800's! Tomato's come from South America.

Just saying. That's all.
                History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                _________
                BoRG

Comment

• It's a good thing I don't like Tomato Sauce then -- since it's on 82 AD

What about a good Zinfandel Wine ?? I hope we're not to "early" for a good wine LOL

BoRG

Comment

• ev'nin' all hows it goin'?
                    Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                    I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• We are now debating the virtues of Tomato Sauce - Noodles and Fine Wine -- you're just in time

BoRG

Comment

• I like my noodles piping hot with a touch of tomato sauce on the top and a nice glass of caurlotte 1947.
                        Sail on Britannia.

Comment

• Originally posted by sawman0311 View Post
                          I like my noodles piping hot with a touch of tomato sauce on the top and a nice glass of caurlotte 1947.
                          You like Car Lot wines?
                          History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                          _________
                          BoRG

Comment

• I can't find that Vintner in my world wide search

BoRG

Comment

• Where is My wine and Ostrich Leg.
                              Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                              I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

Bullsh*t...

Tony Soprano was wrong.

While it seems doubtful that Marco Polo was the first to introduce Italians to Pasta, the Chinese ate Noodles since 3000BC, while the first western record of boiled noodles was in the Jerusalem Talmud during the 5th century AD written in Aramaic.

Tomatoes were first brought back to Europe from the gardens of the Palace of Montezuma by Cortez. North American tomatoes were brought over by English settlers.......what a roundabout trip!

The first recorded Italian tomato sauce recipe was in 1839. The word ketchup or catsup is a translation from Chinese, meaning tomato sauce.

The Chinese were using chopsticks since 5000BC and even today is far more efficient for eating noodles than forks.....no twirling involved. They had forks, but it was not in favor because Chinese food is served in small pre-cut pieces, as poking with forks and slicing with knives at a table was considered barbaric. In fact, Confucius advised people not to have knives at the table because it would make a dining table resemble a slaughterhouse. Knives were forbidden in the Emperor's diningroom, and what was good for the Emperor was good enough for everyone else. With no knives at the table, there were no need for forks.

The Greeks had forks, but they were only used as a serving tool to hold a big piece of meat while carving. Eating was still done by barehand. The actual eating with a fork came from the East. By 7th Century AD, there were records of eating forks used by Royal Courts in the Middle-East. From the 10th to 13th Century, forks were commonly used by the wealthy in Byzantium. It was in the 11th Century that the Byzantine wife of a Doge of Venice brought the fork to Italy. The Italians resisted the fork and it was not until the 16th century that it became commonly accepted.

Last edited by Salinator; 14 Dec 08, 03:16.
                                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X