Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Empire of Han is a long way to the east - the Celts are much closer and shipping costs are more affordable for the citizens of Rome. I was assured by the treacherous Celts that their cloth would be identical to that produced by the Han with only slight variations from the authentic product - minor defects in color and quality were the only difference -- I was assured of that !!!

I'll certainly have a word with the Celts - by express mail - as soon as we master the art of writing - rest assured this matter will be dealt with in a most expeditious manner -- as soon as time permits.

Franzius of Noricum - Beleaguered Merchant of Rome
    I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Good evening Romans and other goat thieving nations, i bring trade, My name is Temujin and i am a perveyor of fine Bull Pistles and other sundry torture/crowd control paraphenalia.
      Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

• Originally posted by Temujin View Post
        Good evening Romans and other goat thieving nations, i bring trade, My name is Temujin and i am a perveyor of fine Bull Pistles and other sundry torture/crowd control paraphenalia.
        Have you any Larks' tongues, Wrens' livers, Chaffinch brains, Jaguars' earlobes, Wolf nipple chips, Tuscany fried bats or Otters' noses.
        Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

• You confuse me for a common street vendor selling delicasies, although to some the bulls pistle might be a delicasie, although hard to chew.
          Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

• Cleitus, I think I won't have "The Special of the Day" after all. The new suppliers to your establishment seem to be dubious at best. I would probably be poisoned by the vittles they are offering!

Just bring me some more mulsum, that should quench my thirst before my journey to Armenia.
            History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
            _________
            BoRG

Comment

• Oooo, this looks like a nice place. Does anyone know where I can stable my horse? Parthian horses need gentle care so please do not send me to just any stable. I'll need a fresh blanket, a rub down fresh water and a nice tub of oats. For my horse , he has no name.

Comment

• i am looking for work, does anyone have a need for a man from Britannia with skills in hunting, metalworking, and masonry
                "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                "

Comment

• Originally posted by Temujin View Post
                  Good evening Romans and other goat thieving nations, i bring trade, My name is Temujin and i am a perveyor of fine Bull Pistles and other sundry torture/crowd control paraphenalia.
                  Originally posted by Psyhcoward View Post
                  Oooo, this looks like a nice place. Does anyone know where I can stable my horse? Parthian horses need gentle care so please do not send me to just any stable. I'll need a fresh blanket, a rub down fresh water and a nice tub of oats. For my horse , he has no name.
                  Originally posted by ace View Post
                  i am looking for work, does anyone have a need for a man from Britannia with skills in hunting, metalworking, and masonry
                  Welcome all to SPQR! And welcome to the Slaughtered Lamb Inn!

Next round is on me!

(Be careful. This "Whiskus" that Cleitus serves is POTENT!)
                  History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                  _________
                  BoRG

Comment

• Ahhh, such freindly people! Thank you thank you.

I'll have a mild beer shaken not stired, add a slice of lime if you please, no olives as I do not wish to have the greasy skin you barbarians have, no offense, please to wash the mug first as I have cleaner standards than you I'm sure, no offense, serve it to me from the left as I wish to keep my weapons hand ready to punish any of the many local thieves you have allowed to roam at will, no offense, and please not to speka so close to my face, your breath offends me. No offense.

Comment

• Ahhh -- "mulsum" -- defined as 'mead" -- for a moment there, having read too quickly, I thought Senator Torienus was having an futuristic religious experience - <sigh of relief>

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• so, where is my wine!!!
                        Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                        I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
                          so, where is my wine!!!
                          It sounds to me lika you have mch whine already. No offense.

I thinka you need to move a little farther from where I am sitting.
                          There are leetle crawly theengs on you and I do not weesh to have them on me, no offense.

Comment

• little crawley things!!! what do you speek of. silence or I shall have you arrested.
                            Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me

Comment

• Ah -- a stranger among us - born here by a Parthian steed of dubious ownership. Be careful stranger -- you are addressing Gaius - captain and commander of the Praetorian Guards -- he has over 5,000 men available to pick off the little crawly things and feed them to those with whom he is displeased

Franzius of Noricum - Merchant Guild Alderman and Pest Control Expert Extraordinar !

BoRG

Comment

• Franzius, Give yourself a raise, and a week vacation.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X