Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Slaughtered Lamb - 0fficial SPQR Thermopolium

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
    Ahhh -- well now -- all is well in my world and Zeb's -- Zed, on the other hand may not be enjoying this splendid day quite as much - it pains me to remark <sigh>


    Franzius of Noricum - Merchant Guild Alderman -- grateful not to be the Captain of Praetorians at this moment in time
    Speaking of which..........when the Emperor purchased Zed from you, you said he had a full set of teeth. Those teeth turned out to be a only four buckteeth from a Hippopotamus glued two on top and two on the bottom by some cheap adhesive made from millet. The teeth only held on for several days, and the Emperor have been handfeeding Zed each day with fresh leaves that he personally grounded. A small amount of extra-extra virgin olive oil made it easier for the ground leaves to slide down his long neck.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

    Prayers.

    BoRG

    http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

    Comment


    • yeah, he slide pretty well down the lions necks.
      Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
      I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
        yeah, he slide pretty well down the lions necks.
        Oh, now you did it...
        History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
        _________
        BoRG
        __________
        "I am Arthur, King of the Britons!"

        Comment


        • Yes - Well -- here we are talking about teeth again <sigh> -- I have relatives with less teeth than Zed - he should have been handled more gingerly by your worthless trainers and stable hands - have you considered an appropriate punishment for those unworthy lagers ??

          Zed had many weeks of life left in him -- perhaps even two to three months -- and now his life has been shortened by his being fed to the Lions -- such cruelty to a vibrant specimen of Giraffe vitality is abhorrent to me personally and the Merchants Guild as a whole. -- A meeting must be held -- fingers must be pointed -- accusations must be levied and recriminations must be cast !!!

          We'll call a special meeting on your behalf immediately - count on our full support.



          Franzius of Noricum -- Shifter of Blame and Merchant Guild Alderman
          I like Dogs far better than most People

          As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

          BoRG

          Comment


          • In memory of Zed:

            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

            Prayers.

            BoRG

            http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
              Yes - Well -- here we are talking about teeth again <sigh> -- I have relatives with less teeth than Zed - he should have been handled more gingerly by your worthless trainers and stable hands - have you considered an appropriate punishment for those unworthy lagers ??

              Zed had many weeks of life left in him -- perhaps even two to three months -- and now his life has been shortened by his being fed to the Lions -- such cruelty to a vibrant specimen of Giraffe vitality is abhorrent to me personally and the Merchants Guild as a whole. -- A meeting must be held -- fingers must be pointed -- accusations must be levied and recriminations must be cast !!!

              We'll call a special meeting on your behalf immediately - count on our full support.



              Franzius of Noricum -- Shifter of Blame and Merchant Guild Alderman
              Yes, the Emperor understands that there is not a full set of teeth among the entire Franzius clan all combined, fake teeth included!

              But the Emperor paid for TEETH!
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

              Prayers.

              BoRG

              http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

              Comment


              • Oh -- Broken -- no image
                I like Dogs far better than most People

                As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

                BoRG

                Comment


                • Originally posted by salinator View Post
                  In memory of Zed:

                  Was there supposed to be a sculpture of Zed in this Memorial?

                  (I see a red x. How about you?)
                  History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                  _________
                  BoRG
                  __________
                  "I am Arthur, King of the Britons!"

                  Comment


                  • I see image. The Gods have sent a sign. Zed needs more memorials!
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                    Prayers.

                    BoRG

                    http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by salinator View Post
                      Yes, the Emperor understands that there is not a full set of teeth among the entire Franzius clan all combined, fake teeth included!

                      But the Emperor paid for TEETH!
                      Oh Great Emperor -- we now have teeth to spare - I'll bring you a hand full first thing in the morning. There will, of course, be no charge for the teeth as you have paid for them previously -- back-orders can be a problem at times and our shipment was delayed - but thankfully, bob's Speedy Delivery arrived only four days late -- you'll have teeth first thing tomorrow.


                      Franzius of Noricum - Merchant Guild Alderman - Service to our clients is second only to our own interests.
                      I like Dogs far better than most People

                      As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

                      BoRG

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Franzius
                        Oh Great Emperor -- we now have teeth to spare - I'll bring you a hand full first thing in the morning. There will, of course, be no charge for the teeth as you have paid for them previously -- back-orders can be a problem at times and our shipment was delayed - but thankfully, bob's Speedy Delivery arrived only four days late -- you'll have teeth first thing tomorrow.
                        Who's your Baghdaddy?

                        Babylon Bob?

                        Karma
                        Inquiring Citizen of Rome
                        On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

                        ACG History Today

                        BoRG

                        Comment


                        • Our sources can never be revealed -- where would we be without secret suppliers ? Who would need our services if just anyone could obtain the merchandise we have so craftily secured for the citizens of Rome?

                          The middleman can only survive if the two ends of the supply chain never meet -- producer and consumer must be kept separate or the middle man has no value - we thrive on the secrets we keep from others


                          Franzius of Noricum - Merchant Guild Alderman - and keeper of the keys to the secrets chamber
                          I like Dogs far better than most People

                          As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

                          BoRG

                          Comment


                          • I smell a Parthian in the mix!

                            Karma
                            Cleitus, wheres my whiskus Citizen of Rome
                            On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

                            ACG History Today

                            BoRG

                            Comment


                            • Parthians ?? Are they again marching on Rome -- are we in danger ?? Is it time to flee ?? Where is the Emperor -- is his Barge pulling out to Sea ?? Where are the Galley slaves ???


                              Don't Panic - I think I hear their marching feet -- how close are they -- Remain Calm -- where should we hide ?? Is it too late to flee the city ?? Parthians -- Oh No -- I thought they were contained - this will never do -- our merchandise is at risk - We need an emergency executive meeting of the Merchants Guild !!!


                              Franzius of Noricum -- Merchants Guild Alderman -- in Absentia
                              I like Dogs far better than most People

                              As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

                              BoRG

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
                                Our sources can never be revealed -- where would we be without secret suppliers ? Who would need our services if just anyone could obtain the merchandise we have so craftily secured for the citizens of Rome?

                                The middleman can only survive if the two ends of the supply chain never meet -- producer and consumer must be kept separate or the middle man has no value - we thrive on the secrets we keep from others


                                Franzius of Noricum - Merchant Guild Alderman - and keeper of the keys to the secrets chamber
                                Bah, you need better suppliers. The 3 bolts of Han Purple Silk ordered by the Emperor turned out to be cheap Celtic Flannel coated with Pink chalk dust! The Emperor looked ridiculous in Pink! The Empress and even the Imperial Tailor laughed. Now everything in the Imperial Closet is Pink, even the Imperial White Togas with Purple Piping! And then the cheap fabric shrunk, so even the garments made with your cheap fabric is too small even for the Imperial Nursery.
                                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                                Prayers.

                                BoRG

                                http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X