This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by salinator View Post
    There is no news on the whereabouts of Honorius. Frazius must have sold the Empire a shoddy cart. Gaius, I told you to check. Didn't you pay attention in the Honorius sentence thread?
    A Shoddy Cart ?? I sold a Shoddy Cart ?? Never !!!! I offered a nice, previously driven cart - and the option to purchase wheels for same -- that option was not selected -- and the cart has yet to be paid for -- rumor has it that the Bank of Rome has a "retrieve order' out for the cart -- they purchase all of our paper at a discount.

I would ask that if a wheel-less cart is seen being dragged through the streets of Rome that the Bank be immediately advised of it's whereabouts !!

Franzius of Noricum -- Concerned Citizen and Customer of the Bank of Rome
    I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Having just reviewed the aforementioned thread regarding the sentencing of Senator Honorius, I find myself in a bit of an embarrassing position.

The Specifications were not made know to me in advance - I prepared no shop drawings or submittals for approval - we provided the cart and donkey based upon a verbal agreement and received no change order for adding wheels to the cart so that Gaius could kick them

The donkey, a prime specimen in his day, had just recovered from an intestinal affliction that caused him to shed some excess poundage - he was, however fully qualified to drag the cart (empty) to the city gates and perhaps a short distance beyond so as not to restrict their ability to close.

We regret any inconvenience our minor deviation from the requirements may have caused -- we simply had not been appraised of your specific needs -- Blame your agent - not us.

Franzius of Noricum - Merchant to the Empire of Rome and beyond - where ever that may be.
      Last edited by Kaiser Franz; 07 Dec 08, 23:09. Reason: spelling error

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Great
        Now we're never gonna get our noodles! Honorius will be lucky to make it to Illyria let alone China.
        History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
        _________
        BoRG

Comment

• How far is Illyria ?

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
            How far is Illyria ?
            Not so far.

The cart you provided probably won't make it much farther than that.
            History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
            _________
            BoRG

Comment

• There may be a minor complication the - umm "cart" was manufactured as a lumber skid -- we had intended to add wheels for a nominal extra charge - but that was rejected -- in it's "sold as is" condition -- it may make it to the city gates -- with some minimal assistance and a veterinarian strategically located to provide Zeb the Donkey with a little motivational adrenaline shot.

This is all too embarrassing

Franzius of Noricum -- who wishes he were there now

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
                There may be a minor complication the - umm "cart" was manufactured as a lumber skid -- we had intended to add wheels for a nominal extra charge - but that was rejected -- in it's "sold as is" condition -- it may make it to the city gates -- with some minimal assistance and a veterinarian strategically located to provide Zeb the Donkey with a little motivational adrenaline shot.

This is all too embarrassing

Franzius of Noricum -- who wishes he were there now
                Hopefully (for you, not Plinius) your lions perform better than Zeb!
                _________
                BoRG

Comment

• Yes -- It's the 'Tooth" requirement that has me somewhat perplexed

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
                    Not so far.

The cart you provided probably won't make it much farther than that.
                    Perhaps a rescue expedition is in order. Honorius couldn't possibly made it even to the Rubicon.
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Perhaps a rescue expedition is in order. Honorius couldn't possibly made it even to the Rubicon.
                      I can't cross the Rubicon. I might get my toes wet.
                      _________
                      BoRG

Comment

I go to Illyria on my vacation so I might pick him up.
                        "All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers ... Each one owes infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he was born." - Francois Fenelon

Comment

• you get vacation time?
                          Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                          I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Uggh, I'll get him a cart and donkey myself and some bodygaurds
                            so they can stir up some trouble with those so we can have a real.........

What, oh I wasn't supposed to say that part

I'm just a Falco, I can't help it

Falco Tiberius

Please refrain from the use of racial epithets.
                            -ACG Staff.
                            Last edited by Duncan; 08 Dec 08, 19:12.

Comment

• Originally posted by ace_general View Post
                              uggh, i'll get him a cart and donkey myself and some bodygaurds
                              so they can stir up some trouble with those chinese so we can have a real.........

What, oh i wasn't supposed to say that part

i'm just a falco, i can't help it

falco tiberius
                              watch your language, i don't care if you are falco or not...it is not appropriate!!!

Stratego
                              Last edited by Stratego; 08 Dec 08, 16:59.
                              Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• Originally posted by delboy View Post
                                I go to Illyria on my vacation so I might pick him up.
                                Thank you Senator Flavian. I knew we could count on you.
                                _________
                                BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X