X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
    very good you get a cookie.
    And now you have officially been named to Captain of the Praetorians.

Congratulations Gaius! This round's on you!
    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
    _________
    BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
      ...among other things...

Used lion seller & slave master are the most recent accusations!
      Vicious and unfounded rumors spread by my enemies !!!

We are an honorable business establishment - our wares are authentic duplications of patented merchandise who's patents will expire in a few years anyway.

Our merchandise quality is exceeded only by similar merchandise of our competitors and our prices are only slightly higher than theirs as well.

Why shop anywhere else - ??

Franzius of Noricum

If you need it - we can get it -- at discount prices -- no deed, title or warranty provided.
      I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Praeco de Romae v.XII

Friends, Romans, etc...

War in parthia:
        Official Dispatch from Emperor Sal:
        Senators and Citizens of Rome,

On the 2nd of June, Legios III, XIV, and XXII led by General Drusus caught up with a Parthian Army comprising of half their forces led by Cyclax "The Bull" at the Randaiean Hills after days of forced marching. In the initial phase of the battle, General Calpurnis of Legio XIV fell defending the Honor of Rome as the Parthian cavalry surprised our Legions as they struck camp. The barbarian cowards were driven off, and General Drusus faked a retreat which hid our forces behind hills. Thinking that the Great Soldiers of Rome were fleeing in disorganization, Cyclax was lured into the clever trap laid by General Drusus. There in the Randaiean Hills, the Parthian Army was destroyed on the 4th of June!

All Hail General General Livius of Legio III!!!
        All Hail General Brutus of Legio XIV!!!
        All Hail General Drusus of Legio XXII and overall commander!!!
        All Hail the Soldiers of Rome, both Roman and Non-Romans that stood with Rome!!!

All Mourn and Honor Calpurnis, General, Soldier, and Hero of Rome!!!
        All Mourn and Honor our Fallen Soldiers and Allies. They were all Heros, One and All!!!

Casualty reports and further details of the war will be announced once the Dogs of Parthia have bowed to Rome.

Trial of Senator Honorius:
        Found guilty of taking bribes.
        Sentence to begin at once of Exile from the Empire until further notice.
        Exile transportation to be provided by Carts of Franzius: one way trips guaranteed!

Trial of Senator Plinius:
        Found guilty of Treason to the Empire.
        Sentence to begin in the Colosseum as soon as Franzius can find his Good lions!

Official appointment of Captain Gaius:
        The Emperor has announced the official appointment of Captain Gaius to head of the Praetorian Legion VI Felix.
        Congratulations to Captain Gaius.
        May you always be honorable in your honored position.

EDITORIAL:

I, Torienus, find it hard to deal with the events of today. My mentor and friend, the Right and Honorable Senator Plinius, today will face his Fate. I still hold out hope for a pardon from the Emperor (as Sal is a Great and Fair Leader) or an act of intervention by the Gods.
        But if these events unfold as planned, Rome will be poorer for the loss of a great man. Senator Plinius has devoted his life to Rome, serving this City in many ways during his 67 years. He has been named a traitor but in my heart, he has served Rome as a Patriot!

Thank you Senator Plinius for your devoted service to Rome.

Torienus
        History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
        _________
        BoRG

Comment

• You're a brave man Torienus and I'll stand by your side

And for what it is worth Plinius, consider yourself undefeated. You were paid the highest compliment: SPQR rules had to be changed especially for you in order to get you.

Faustus, first rower on the 'Trident', fastest galley in the Mediterranean
          3 bottles of champagne, 3 wenches and 20 miles on horseback; all in 3 hours!

Comment

• Round's on me !!!

-Gaius Marius
            Last edited by Patton 7079; 07 Dec 08, 16:12.
            Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
            I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• a toast to victory
              "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
              "

Comment

• OK -- I'll to that - - as long as I'm not buying

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by von Panzerfaust View Post

And for what it is worth Plinius, consider yourself undefeated. You were paid the highest compliment: SPQR rules had to be changed especially for you in order to get you.
                  What? Did I miss something? When were the rules changed?
                  "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Where is Franzius we need to discuss how much he owes me!!!.
                    Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me

Comment

• Oh Contrair -- I am the vendor -- my invoices remain unpaid -- and there is the matter of reimbursable expenses, per diem, fodder for the camels, meat for the Lions, veterinary cost, demurage, shipping and handling, late fees, interest, document charges, filing fees, tax, and baksheesh along with assorted and previously unspecified nominal fees - all are due and payable now

Franzius of Noricum - Alderman of the Merchants Guild

BoRG

Comment

• Ahem... "me"...

Methinx the Praetorian & the used junk salesmen owes the Emperor an accounting & the 'kindlin' bit just ain't gonna fly!

Sounds like Honorius might need company...

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• he burnt the invoice on his own free will so Nothing is owed. I can always have the secret police bust in at night and take him if you want...

Comment

• There is no news on the whereabouts of Honorius. Frazius must have sold the Empire a shoddy cart. Gaius, I told you to check. Didn't you pay attention in the Honorius sentence thread?
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Where is this "used junk salesman" of which you speak ??? Is he properly authorized to peddle his unworthy wares in Rome ?? Is He a member of the Merchants Guild ?? I think NOT -- we require no further vendors of previously owned merchandise -- the quality goods provided by my own small enterprise suffice for the needs of Roma Citizens.

Point out this interloper and we will bring him before the Merchants Guild to answer for his audacity!!

Franzius of Noricum - Indignant Enforcer of the Merchant Guild Charter on Monopolies!

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by the Praetorian
                                he burnt the invoice on his own free will so Nothing is owed.
                                Nice....

Gettin drunker by the minute Citizen of Rome
                                On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X