X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salinator
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
    You folks did all the "Heavy Lifting" -- I was just a poor merchant studying "Animal Husbandry" and trying to make a coin or two now and then
    And a job well done. Your character added much interest and flavor......plus a few intrigues. When you started the rumor of Parthians heading for Rome, it was............never mind........

Leave a comment:

• Kaiser Franz
    replied
    You folks did all the "Heavy Lifting" -- I was just a poor merchant studying "Animal Husbandry" and trying to make a coin or two now and then

Leave a comment:

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    Originally posted by Salinator View Post
    The Empire knew that the moment was near. It chose to wait out the eye of the storm. All happened as predicted.......

BoRG
    By turn 6, we pretty much had the brakes locked up on anything that we didn't approve of. If I pull out my saved messages (yeah, still got them) I could find some correspondence from the turn I think.

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    Originally posted by Stratego View Post
    As the gamemaster, I had three great dissapointments during the game:
    The first one was the offensive around Nisibis against the Parthians in July 82 AD (gameturn 5).

The Roman generals Rubinius and Scipius had surrounded the Parthian HQ at Nisibis. I had made a beautiful map and since this was a military forum I thought that besieging the city - while another Parthian General was arriving from the East - would be a great intermezzo from all the politics. However, it never started, some players we there and then gone...there just didn't seem anybody who wanted to take the initiative and start the fight or maybe they were unable to do so because others were not a dedicated
    I really didn't understand this . Thus after a month - in order to save the political game I decided to drop the entire offensive. This actually hurt. But in the end, it saved the game.[/QUOTE]
    The problem you had there was that all eyes were now focused on Rome. Most of the major players were now gearing up for the confrontation that all knew would come. It was at this point that the Imperials knew the future of Rome and the outcome of The Emperor would have little if anything to do with Nisibis.

You may remember that I tried my darnest to keep up the interest with my multiple characters. Sadly, they were abandoned to rot in that city when the campaign was abandoned.

The second one was the murder mystery concerning the Parthian spy Orontes Zig.
    Orontes Zig had been captured and enjailed, but one of the players of SPQR had bried the jailors to murder him in order to prohibit him for speaking. I had made up a murder mystery where the players could interview the jailers - I even made a map of the prison bird's view and side view of the prison. But nobody - except for Senator Torienius - was interested in playing the murder mystery. This was also a dissapointement. I wanted to do something different then just play the basic SPQR - entertain in a different way - but there was little interest for it...which I found rather odd also
    Did you consider that only Torienus would have had any motive or politcal advantage to investigate?

The third dissapointment was gameturn 6.
    Of all the gameturns this was the weakest. Practically no responses and no interaction between the players. I thought the game was dying at that moment and feared the worst. But luckily, the game did not die instead, in gameturn 7, SPQR got even more heated then ever, with many newcomers and many unexpected twists and turns...
    Gameturn 6 was played during Christmas time 2008, so I believe this was the reason why gameturn 6 never took flight But SPQR survived yet again...darn RL
    The Empire knew that the moment was near. It chose to wait out the eye of the storm. All happened as predicted.......

BoRG
    Last edited by Salinator; 16 Apr 11, 23:07.

Leave a comment:

• Stratego
    replied
    Dissapointments also...

As the gamemaster, I had three great dissapointments during the game:

The first one was the offensive around Nisibis against the Parthians in July 82 AD (gameturn 5).
    The Roman generals Rubinius and Scipius had surrounded the Parthian HQ at Nisibis. I had made a beautiful map and since this was a military forum I thought that besieging the city - while another Parthian General was arriving from the East - would be a great intermezzo from all the politics. However, it never started, some players we there and then gone...there just didn't seem anybody who wanted to take the initiative and start the fight or maybe they were unable to do so because others were not a dedicated
    I really didn't understand this . Thus after a month - in order to save the political game I decided to drop the entire offensive. This actually hurt. But in the end, it saved the game.

The second one was the murder mystery concerning the Parthian spy Orontes Zig. Orontes Zig had been captured and enjailed, but one of the players of SPQR had bried the jailors to murder him in order to prohibit him for speaking. I had made up a murder mystery where the players could interview the jailers - I even made a map of the prison bird's view and side view of the prison. But nobody - except for Senator Torienius - was interested in playing the murder mystery. This was also a dissapointement. I wanted to do something different then just play the basic SPQR - entertain in a different way - but there was little interest for it...which I found rather odd also

The third dissapointment was gameturn 6.
    Of all the gameturns this was the weakest. Practically no responses and no interaction between the players. I thought the game was dying at that moment and feared the worst. But luckily, the game did not die instead, in gameturn 7, SPQR got even more heated then ever, with many newcomers and many unexpected twists and turns...
    Gameturn 6 was played during Christmas time 2008, so I believe this was the reason why gameturn 6 never took flight But SPQR survived yet again...darn RL

Greets,
    FATE

Leave a comment:

• Stratego
    replied
    Did you know????

Were any of the other players aware of this?

In gameturn 2, when a part of Rome was set on fire, a murder attempt was made on Senator Plinius. This moment was ideally chosen as it was chaos when the capital burned - nobody would have noticed the murder attempt.

I rolled the dice to see if the attempt was a succes. It was a succes. So I sent a PM to senator Plinius to announce that he had been stabbed during the fire and his bloodied body dumped in one of the burning buildings.

However, a day after I sent the PM to Plinius I received a PM back from senator Plinius saying that he was aware of the attempt on his life and that it was not fair that he was killed as he had been forewarned. Plinius - due to RL - did not communicate this to me right away. So I was unaware that he had been forewarned of course.

Having received the warning sent to Plinius by PM as evidence, I immediately considered the murder attempt to have 'failed'.

Guess who had warned Plinius that he was going to be murdered????

Senator Honorius

Leave a comment:

• Torien
    replied
    Originally posted by Major Sennef View Post
    I start to understand why SPQR really stands for:

"Sono Pazzo Questi Romani": They are Crazy These Romans
    We are indeed...

Leave a comment:

• Kaiser Franz
    replied
    Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
    Yes but they're all left-footed
    I have fond memories of my days in the Military -- During basic training, I was frequently told - by God's direct representative here on earth, that I have two left feet -- as were many of my compatriots as well -- That being the case, and knowing that my DI was never wrong -- it became necessary to stock up with the appropriate footwear for my clientèle.

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
    Ahhh -- but he stole nothing from you in the dead of night

A wise Purchase indeed

Sandals for sale -- one gold coin for one sandal and just three gold coins for two
    Yes but they're all left-footed

Leave a comment:

• Kaiser Franz
    replied
    Originally posted by Admiral View Post
    This hallowed place has its spirits...

I could not have deserved such a glorious send off as I received...

And I can tell you, Franzuis... the sound of those squeaky sandals you sold my brother could truly wake the dead as he walked with me into Rome!

Scipius Parthicus
    Ahhh -- but he stole nothing from you in the dead of night

A wise Purchase indeed

Sandals for sale -- one gold coin for one sandal and just three gold coins for two

Leave a comment:

• Admiral
    replied
    This hallowed place has its spirits...

I could not have deserved such a glorious send off as I received...

And I can tell you, Franzuis... the sound of those squeaky sandals you sold my brother could truly wake the dead as he walked with me into Rome!

Scipius Parthicus

Leave a comment:

• Kaiser Franz
    replied
    Ahhh -- the Slaughtered Lamb -- I've missed this place !!!

Do they serve Prune Juice for old people here ???

Franzius of Noricum

Purveyor of fine fresh Prunes - guaranteed to be less than two months old. ( when I acquired them)

Leave a comment:

• Colonel Sennef
    replied
    Real Meaning of SPQR

I start to understand why SPQR really stands for:

"Sono Pazzo Questi Romani": They are Crazy These Romans

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain General View Post
    What about everybody's favorite Roman General Drusus?

I think he helped Caesar and Antonius just a bit...
    All Hail General Drusus!!!!

Let it be known that writing the Eulogy of for His Greatest Soldier was last thing The Emperor was doing before/when time expired.
    Last edited by Salinator; 23 Feb 11, 01:57.

Leave a comment:

• Captain General
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
    Indeed, but I didn't dare to besmirch your flawless reputation for incorruptible scruples.

Hail Drusus!
    LOL!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X