Plinius's Punishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plinius's Punishment

Now that Senator Plinius has been found guilty of crimes against Rome,the question is what should be his punishment? Shall he be put to death? Or shall he be sent into exile?

The poll will be open for three days.
    Yes-Feed him to the lions!
    65.63%
    No-Send him into exile!
    34.38%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Legate; 15 Nov 08, 19:18.
    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Wait, that soft spot has vanished! To the lions with him! Prepare the Colleseum!
    TTFN

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
      Now that Senator Plinius has been found guilty of crimes against Rome,the question is what should be his punishment? Shall he be put to death? Or shall he be sent into exile?

The poll will be open for three days.
      I question the verdict, as a Public vote is certainly not the end all-be all of decisions. The Emperor has yet to weigh in on this. And Senator Verus, who the Emperor appointed to run the trial, has yet to make any sort of ruling.

Your poll shows that there are at least a dozen people in Rome willing to kill a man for his expressing his beliefs. As that is all that Senator Plinius is guilty of.
      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
      _________
      BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Torien View Post
        I question the verdict, as a Public vote is certainly not the end all-be all of decisions. The Emperor has yet to weigh in on this. And Senator Verus, who the Emperor appointed to run the trial, has yet to make any sort of ruling.
        It was Senator Verus who said let the People decide. The People have decided.

Your poll shows that there are at least a dozen people in Rome willing to kill a man for his expressing his beliefs. As that is all that Senator Plinius is guilty of.
        So the will of the people is only valid when it agrees with you? Politics to the end is it?
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Oh did you really think the exile option was going to fly? One option is okay,but an option where your master's life is on the line,all the sudden you're going to question the verdict?

As evidenced by the vote Senator Plinius has been found guilty. The politicans ignore the will of the people at their peril.

Marcus Tarquinus
          Last edited by Legate; 16 Nov 08, 00:49.
          If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post
            It was Senator Verus who said let the People decide. The People have decided.

So the will of the people is only valid when it agrees with you? Politics to the end is it?
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by TankBrigade
            Your argument is taken into much account.

Even if you are to be proclaimed guilty by the majority of the Roman people, I think the punishment should only be exile for the duration of the war as you suggest. There is not enough evidence to support a crime you commited worth the death penalty. No one can prove that you have been collaberating with this Orontes Zig, but the problem of not reporting his visits would cause suspicions. Exile under security would protect you from anyone wishing to do away with you for this duration and keep you out of any further contact with this spy so no further crimes can be placed upon you. It would also prove your innocense (since only someone affiliated with Orontes would try to escape his guards)

This is what Senator Verus decided! Are you now going to go against your own decision to let him run this trial?
            History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
            _________
            BoRG

Comment

Also, according to the public poll, both Senator's should be found guilty of Treason!

Yet, no one is proclaiming Death for both men (well, except Franzie, he just wants paid!). Treason, if this is what is proved (AND IT IS NOT!) is an automatic death sentence. The public poll leaves no room for ambiguity if taken as voted.

My opinion is that the whole trial was a farce.

No evidence entered (Hearsay does not meet legal guidelines).

No defense allowed (Honorius attempting to sell out Plinius is hardly a defense).

False testimony the only thing offered by the Emperor (False letters of Skoblinus!).

In short, NO TRIAL. These Senator's should be released IMMEDIATELY and compensated for their false imprisonment.

Another trial should commence forthwith to try the Emperor for Abuse of Power!
              _________
              BoRG

Comment

Also, according to the public poll, both Senator's should be found guilty of Treason!
                Is treason being guilty of stupidity and greed?

Yet, no one is proclaiming Death for both men (well, except Franzie, he just wants paid!). Treason, if this is what is proved (AND IT IS NOT!) is an automatic death sentence. The public poll leaves no room for ambiguity if taken as voted.
                No comment.

My opinion is that the whole trial was a farce.
                I'm more 50/50 on that.

No evidence entered (Hearsay does not meet legal guidelines).
                What about a confession?

No defense allowed (Honorius attempting to sell out Plinius is hardly a defense).
                How did I sell out Plinus?!

False testimony the only thing offered by the Emperor (False letters of Skoblinus!).

In short, NO TRIAL. These Senator's should be released IMMEDIATELY and compensated for their false imprisonment.
                Well, considering I confessed...I'd rather recieve the punishment.

Another trial should commence forthwith to try the Emperor for Abuse of Power!
                Are you trying to stir the pot?

-Senator Honorious

Comment

Well...I guess I have no choice but to give in to the majority of the people of Rome. It's a shame, but I can't act as though I can overule the people. I'm no dictator like Sulla. I am a man of the people.

But I can still convince people to be reasonable. Plinius has not done something as inexcusable as the murder of a senator, nor has there been any proof of a collaberation with Orontes Zig! Of course he should have some punishment for not reporting these visits, but exile would be much easier to show his loyalty than throwing him to the lions!
                  Last edited by TankBrigade; 16 Nov 08, 16:58.
                  "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Comment

So they tried to kill the Emperor's double agent Flavian. Little did they know that Antonius was also working for the Empire. So now we know that Zig was an agent of Parthia and who the guilty senators are.

The Parthians have fallen for your trap, Caesar. I recieved this mesage, via my spy network, and it exposes everything. Now is the time to act!

Quote:

Senator Antonius,

The word has reached me that entire Rome is aware that senator Flavian has managed to escape the daggers of my assassins! Now I assume that a hunt will be organized to try and arrest me...Of course this is an akward situation for BOTH of us. Yes, for you too.

For me, because I -as well as the other Parthian agents in Rome- have to fear for our lives and must continue our operations with much caution. But also, and worst of all, I will not be able to have my revenge on senator Plinius, who had agreed to cooperate with me but who ultimately double-crossed me because he wanted double pay!

For you personally it would be akward if I was arrested and forced to confess who received bribes from me. Until now, your reputation in Rome is unblemished and thus, for political reasons, I believe you wish that it would remain so. Look what has happened to senator Honorius, who has also received wealth from me and, even worse, look at senator Plinius who has tooked numerious gifts and became a servant of Parthia without even the same promises that I offered completely !

I wonder how you would fare????
                    Let me cut a deal with you senator. If you refrain the Praetorian Guard from arresting me AND if you I pledge to quench my thirst for revenge by getting rid of senator Flavian, I will refrain from sending a copy of this dispatch to various senators of Rome !!!!

Remember Honorius and Plinius will be dead, so shall you be also if you do not take this deal. Think carefully! See how quickly and easily Titus died when he attempted to alert the Emperor of his discovery of Plinius. You WILL not last a second!

Please consider this offer and be swift, for my patience with you treacherous Roman senators is running very thin !!!! And don't try to double-cross me like your fellow colleague, for this time I will personally thrust a dagger into your throat! Look how long it took us to take care to Titus!

Do not underestimate the Parthian resilience...

Orontes Zig
                    Last edited by Salinator; 18 Nov 08, 01:30.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

The Emperor can think of only one appropriate end for this Orontes Zig.

We shall send him a Falco!

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Romans,

It is now clear that without a doubt that Senator Plinius is guilty of crimes against Rome. He should be given the death penalty! The information provided by the Emperor himself leaves no doubt as to his complicity in the death of Senator Titus,and the recent attempt on Senator Flavian.

I call on the Emperor to employ Franzius the Executioner to dispose of this traitor!

Marcus Tarquinus

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post
                          So they tried to kill the Emperor's double agent Flavian. Little did they know that Antonius was also working for the Empire. So now we know that Zig was an agent of Parthia and who the guilty senators are.

The Parthians have fallen for your trap, Caesar. I recieved this mesage, via my spy network, and it exposes everything. Now is the time to act!

Quote:

Senator Antonius,

The word has reached me that entire Rome is aware that senator Flavian has managed to escape the daggers of my assassins! Now I assume that a hunt will be organized to try and arrest me...Of course this is an akward situation for BOTH of us. Yes, for you too.

For me, because I -as well as the other Parthian agents in Rome- have to fear for our lives and must continue our operations with much caution. But also, and worst of all, I will not be able to have my revenge on senator Plinius, who had agreed to cooperate with me but who ultimately double-crossed me because he wanted double pay!

For you personally it would be akward if I was arrested and forced to confess who received bribes from me. Until now, your reputation in Rome is unblemished and thus, for political reasons, I believe you wish that it would remain so. Look what has happened to senator Honorius, who has also received wealth from me and, even worse, look at senator Plinius who has tooked numerious gifts and became a servant of Parthia without even the same promises that I offered completely !

Let me cut a deal with you senator. If you refrain the Praetorian Guard from arresting me AND if you I pledge to quench my thirst for revenge by getting rid of senator Flavian, I will refrain from sending a copy of this dispatch to various senators of Rome !!!!

Remember Honorius and Plinius will be dead, so shall you be also if you do not take this deal. Think carefully! See how quickly and easily Titus died when he attempted to alert the Emperor of his discovery of Plinius. You WILL not last a second!

Please consider this offer and be swift, for my patience with you treacherous Roman senators is running very thin !!!! And don't try to double-cross me like your fellow colleague, for this time I will personally thrust a dagger into your throat! Look how long it took us to take care to Titus!

Orontes Zig
                          The Emperor has been deceived! My information network which includes the Good Citizen Cleitus, Innkeeper of the Slaughtered Lamb (Reasonable off-season rates now available!) has passed on this urgent message from Orontes Zig himself!

Note how Senator Antonius has altered the original letter to suit his nefarious purpose!

Quote:
                          "To my messenger Cleitus,

Please send this message to the Roman herald Torienus (Torien) ASAP.
                          As always, utmost discretion is advised.

Your generous benefactor,
                          Orontes Zig"

"1st of june 82 AD

Great herald of Rome Torienus,

Although I have little respect for the treacherous Romans I would like to notify you that this IS the original message I've sent to senator Antonius, two days ago.
                          As you have noticed, the senator has taken my dispatch and rewrote it according to his wishes in order to get rid of his political opponents !!!
                          Let me assure you that senator Antonius HAS received a bribe from me in the past!
                          You must also inform them that both senators Flavian and Antonius will not be able to hide from my revenge...
                          As I am Orontes Zig, I can assure you that they will never be certain of their safety anymore. They have double-crossed me and WILL not get away with it !!!!

Orontes Zig"

"29th of may

Senator Antonius,

The word has reached me that entire Rome is aware that senator Flavian has managed to escape the daggers of my assassins!
                          Now I assume that a hunt will be organized to try and arrest me...Of course this is an akward situation for BOTH of us. Yes, for you too.
                          For me, because I -as well as the other Parthian agents in Rome- have to fear for our lives and must continue our operations with much caution. But also, and worst of all, I will not be able to have my revenge on the senator who has agreed to cooperate with me but who ultimately double-crossed me!
                          For you personally it would be akward if I was arrested and forced to confess who received bribes from me. Until now, your reputation in Rome is unblemished and thus, for political reasons, I believe you wish that it would remain so. My personal spies also report that you are a close advisor of the Emperor. It would certainly be a shame if he found out that you have recieved money from a Parthian agent! Look what has happened to senator Honorius, who has also received wealth from me and, even worse, look at senator Plinius who has turned down the bribe I offered completely !

Please consider this offer and be swift, for my patience with you treacherous Roman senators is running very thin !!!!
                          And don't try to double-cross me like your fellow colleague, for this time I will personally thrust a dagger into your throat!

Orontes Zig

PS: It will be required that you deliver your answer to Citizen Cleitus (Slug), innkeeper of the "Slaughtered Lamb" on the Vius Coccola, close to the Amphitheatre!"

These are now my words:

People of Rome, let us not be deceived any longer by these enemies of Rome. It seems my accusations against the Emperor have been in error. Great Emperor Sal, please forgive my ignorance! I would never have thought that your inner circle of advisors was misleading you so!

Please, Great Sal, renounce all of these traitors and reclaim the rightful leadership of Rome! Unfettered and unclouded by the spell of these deceivers!

Torienus, Rome's most loyal Herald.
                          _________
                          BoRG

Comment

Nonsense. If Cleitus knew the contents of that letter, than he is also a traitor.

Also, where does that place Torienus?

Antonius was told by the Emperor to accept the bribe after Verus informed the Senate of Orontes Zig. Flavian offered to the Emperor to work as a double agent after he accepted the bribes.

Zig is desperate. He knows that the Emperor is closing in on him!

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Another strange poll with only 2 options.
                              and again Mr. slave whacker made it

Not only is no punishment missing as an option
                              you knew but ignored that there was already another, older poll, which voted exile or not
                              the one in which you whacked me, a slave, remember?

so you knew of its existence and
                              still you posted this poll with as only choice, lions or exile.

What is your hidden agenda that you want to get rid of them so badly?

Faustus the galley slave
                              3 bottles of champagne, 3 wenches and 20 miles on horseback; all in 3 hours!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X