Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Trial of Honorius and Plinius!

*Senator Verus raises his hands in front of the crowd of Romans and says:*

This SBI investigation is now in order to determine the fates of both Senators Plinius and (apparently due to recent events) Honorius. May all the people of Rome post their evidence in this matter. As we speak the two senators are under arrest by order of the emperor until there loyalty is judged by all the people of Rome!

I advise people to read the evidence presented in the SPQR gameturn 5 and what will be posted here before voting on the matter. Thank you.
    BOTH MEN ARE INNOCENT FROM TREASON!
    21.43%
    BOTH MEN ARE GUILTY OF TREASON!
    64.29%
    ONLY SENATOR PLINIUS IS GUILTY!
    9.52%
    ONLY SENATOR HONORIUS IS GUILTY!
    4.76%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by TankBrigade; 10 Nov 08, 20:11.
    "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Can the suspects vote and post evidence against themselves?

(yes, I am crazy.)

-Senator Honorious
    Last edited by Conlin; 10 Nov 08, 20:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Conlin View Post
      Can the suspects vote and post evidence against themselves?

(yes, I am crazy.)

-Alexander
      You mean like a confession?
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post
        You mean like a confession?
        Yes, something like that, but what will happen if we do that?

-Senator Honorious

Comment

Maybe if you send your confessions directly to the Emperor, he might beg leniency for you. He would of course have to review the full extent of the crimes first.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Maybe if you send your confessions directly to the Emperor, he might beg leniency for you. He would of course have to review the full extent of the crimes first.
            What are my "crimes" I supposedly commited?

-Senator Honorious

Comment

Originally posted by Conlin View Post
              What are my "crimes" I supposedly commited?

-Senator Honorious

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

No, besides my taking of the bribe.

-Senator Honorious

Comment

Do to the fact that I am a memeber of the Arresting party, I believe it unprofessional for myself to cast a vote, however I shall await the orders of the emperor after this investigation is closed.
                  Regards
                  -Gaius, Commander Praetorian Guard.
                  Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                  I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

Is there a lawyer in the house to play counsel for the accused?

Originally posted by TankBrigade View Post
                    *Senator Verus raises his hands in front of the crowd of Romans and says:*

This SBI investigation is now in order to determine the fates of both Senators Plinius and (apparently due to recent events) Honorius. May all the people of Rome post their evidence in this matter. As we speak the two senators are under arrest by order of the emperor until there loyalty is judged by all the people of Rome!

I advise people to read the evidence presented in the SPQR gameturn 5 and what will be posted here before voting on the matter. Thank you.
                    Is there a documented list of the alleged crimes against the throne?

It would be proper to have a discovery phase, as to allow both sides to review the evidence, before we begin discussion.

Once things are a bit more clear we should proceed to an official entry of plea status, and begin the trial. The Prosecution will present its argument, followed by the Defense.

Only after both sides have made their case should we proceed to vote on the issues at hand.

This is a most serious affair, let us adhere to law and order...

~Fat Antonius~
                    "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

So who is presenting evidence?

Who is representing these Senators? Or will they defend themselves?

(These questions and more will be answered in tomorrow's episode of "The Lone Emperor")
                      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                      _________
                      BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Torien View Post
                        So who is presenting evidence?
                        Who is representing these Senators? Or will they defend themselves?
                        Jonus "If the Toga don't fit, You must acquit" Cochranus will be defending them.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Since I know everything that all players have done in the past 5 game turns...I won't vote either!

It's FUN to be the only one that knows the truth

Those that want inside information on the two suspects, may first deposit 10 denarii on my Pay Pallus account !!!

Don't forget to mention your name of course...

Greets,
                          FATE

THE TRUTH ! YOU WANT THE TRUTH? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!

(Jack Nicholsonius in "A few Good Men")
                          Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Where is the evediance?
                            Whe know money was accepted doest that constitute treason or a lesser crime?
                            If so Honorious is guilty of either treason or the lesser crime,
                            Do to Plinius' speech that can be called inciting a rebellion, I would definatly call that treason, However before my vote is cast I shall wait to hear if accepting bribe money is either treason or a lesser crime,

Regards
                            -Gaius, Commander Praetorian Guards
                            Last edited by Patton 7079; 11 Nov 08, 08:17.
                            Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                            I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

I know PMIII has done time, but he's reformed well it seems to me and I'll go with his rec.
                              Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
                              (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X