SPQR Gameturn 5 !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by salinator View Post

Senator Titus was a patriot, he gave his life for Rome. Honor him, for he was a soldier of Rome.
    Indeed.

Senator Titus should be honored for his vast contributions to the empire. He was a man of honor, and a brave Roman as well.

Senators and Generals, will you each donate 1 unit of wealth for a festival in his honor, to take place in turn 6? I would suggest games and a feast to let all the People of Rome celebrate his life and greave for his death. It will take at least 4 donors to arrange....

Let us mark this loss with a proper ceremony!

~Senator Antonius "Fat Tony" Soprano
    "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Emperor, the distractions of the senate have gone on long enough, the people of Rome will not support the war against Parthia if they see their leaders engaging in petty squabbles. I beg the good Emperor to hasten a senatorial investigation against Senator Honorius for accepting bribes from our current enemy.
      You must urgently use the same investigation against Senator Plinius for not reporting such contacts from this very same spy, especially for it is he who is now demanding all Roman Generals to reveal our current positions and war plan!

The war must remain secret until then.

ROMA VICTA!!!
      Last edited by Achtung Baby; 07 Nov 08, 03:52.
      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
      Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• Senators,

News has arrived from General Drusus that Tigranakert has been liberated! A Freedom Fighter from the Armenian Capitol arrived three days ago to inform General Drusus that the enemy soldiers running before the mighty Roman Offensive into Parthia has so inspired our Armenian Allies that they rose up in force overwhelming the conquering forces stationed there. Commander Phraates and his army is beating a hasty retreat south-east, after losing one fourth of his force.

Long Live Armenia!
        Long Live Rome!

Victory is in our grasp!
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Senator Verus,

A man has been seen stumbling amongst the crowd on the Forum Romanum this afternoon. He was covered in blood and tried desperatly to find you. Unfortunately he collapsed in the middle of the frightened bystanders. With his last breath he was able to say that the armies in Parthia are in great danger! His last word was "traitors"...
          Seems he had suffered multiple stabwounds. He was a respected man of middle age by the name of Cornelius Scapea, a trader in wine with a wife and three children !!!!

This message was sent to me by FATE. I have a feeling that this man was warning about traitors amongst the ranks of these armies (atleast that's my guess). I suggest the generals keep an eye out for any treasonous thoughts in their camps.
          "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Comment

• Indeed, this could be very bad. Perhaps the generals may want to bolster the moral in some way?
            Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
            I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Senator Verus,

The Emperor thanks you for your service, loyalty, and patriotism. The Empire knows that there are none that can be considered more of virtue than yourself. Rome is honored to have such a great servant. The Emperor at this point is confident that the soldiers of Rome is pure of heart and loyal in spirit and body to the glory of Rome and her people. I fear the treason that may exist is within Rome itself.
              Last edited by Salinator; 08 Nov 08, 21:25.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

• Has Plinius Betrayed Rome?

Senators..., Generals..., and People of Rome...

The great Senator Plinius speaks of committees, and senate oversight, yet he himself has avoided any oversight of the Senate to the Emperor.

Why did Senator Plinius, with all his pompous self importance, and his glorified delusion that he speaks for the Senate, not inform the Emperor of the contact with Orontes Zig?

Why does Plinius keep insisting time and time again to know the battle plans of the Legions?

He affronts the Emperor knowing full well that his eminence had sworn not to endanger the troops, nor the glory and success of Rome, and the liberation and survival of Rome's ally, merely for political gain or rhetoric.

Why is it, Senator Plinius that all those that have been murdered are those who are patriots of Rome, and also spoke against you?

Julius spoke against you and he is dead...

Titus spoke against you and he is dead...

Should I fear for Caesar?

Should I fear for myself?

~Senator Antonius "Fat Tony" Soprano~

"This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace_General View Post
                  I say that some parthian mofos took him out, cause was one of the few people that was in it for the greater glory of rome, not themselves.

We need to fight fire with fire, we should make like covet ops squads to assinate people, god wheres falco were you need him

Im not gonna get involed in the war as Tiberius Falco is kinda old and pretty beat up from 4 decades of campaigns. Though it would be kinda cool to see daddy falco going into armenia and going all batshit crazy like denzel washington in "man on fire." If I could brutally tourture and excute the parthian leadership this war could be over in a month,

We all gotta have dreams, Right?

Falco Tiberius

Skoblinus the Vandal offers his services to kill off General Falco once and for all.

Comment

• Originally posted by skoblin View Post
                    Skoblinus the Vandal offers his services to kill off General Falco once and for all.
                    And in the deep of the night, with the cresent moon obscured by dark clouds and low fog and a lonely wolf softly howling into the wind, a messenger gives Skoblinius a single Denari for the foul and unspeakable deed......

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

And in the deep of the night, with the cresent moon obscured by dark clouds and low fog and a lonely wolf softly howling into the wind, a messenger gives Skoblinius a single Denari for the foul and unspeakable deed......
                      Last edited by Paul Mann III; 08 Nov 08, 23:09.

BoRG

Comment

"The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• I say we suspend the meetings of the senate, hold all senators under house arrest, and detain any easterners that come into the city,are in it that are not citizens and check all letters and dispatches going out of armenia

I call these "common sense" methods and I urge they be impleneted for the sake of the brave fighting men already in the field and the enteral city

And if all this treachery and betrayal and spy bullshit keeps going on, to paraphrase my son "I'll ride down to rome my self and disembowel you with my spartha myself"

Falco Tiberius

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace_General View Post
                            I say we suspend the meetings of the senate, hold all senators under house arrest, and detain any easterners that come into the city,are in it that are not citizens and check all letters and dispatches going out of armenia

I call these "common sense" methods and I urge they be impleneted for the sake of the brave fighting men already in the field and the enteral city

And if all this treachery and betrayal and spy bullshit keeps going on, to paraphrase my son "I'll ride down to rome my self and disembowel you with my spartha myself"

Falco Tiberius
                            Skoblinus where are you?
                            "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Senator Antonius, please be respectful in remembering that Senator Plinius has also been the victim of an attack. Rome suffered greatly in a fire that was started by some nameless internal enemy, who also tried to snuff the most senior and respected Senator in that same night.

Methinks you do protest too quickly. And you were the first to name another when our Great Emperor Sal states that treason exists in Rome. Sal the Great has already made it known that others were approached by Orontes. And he certainly did not link the two escapades or else Senator Honorius would be the obvious choice as the traitor.

We also already have an organization (SBI) to search out these traitors. And traitors I believe it is! Your call to create yet another level of bureaucracy to supposedly search out the culprits smells of obfuscation and diversion.

I pray that all of us, Emperor, Senator and Citizen, are wrong about traitors here in Rome. But, sir, hold your tongue lest more baseless accusations fly from your mouth!
                              History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                              _________
                              BoRG

Comment

• This has gone too far!!!

Originally posted by Ace_General View Post

I say we suspend the meetings of the senate, hold all senators under house arrest...

Falco Tiberius
                                Offend me, or the other Senators of Rome just once again, and I shall, with my bare hands, beat the entire House of Falco into the Roman gutters where they belong!

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X