SPQR Gameturn 5 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senators,

The Emperor has been informed by dispatch from General Paulus that the enemy is without resolve. All is going well for Rome.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Originally posted by Commodore_1812 View Post
      It is with great sadness that I must report that the Honorable Senator Titus has been murdered. He died this morning in his bed, a victim of poisoning. We mourn his loss.

Marcus Quintus Glabrio
      Herald of Senator Titus Macedonius
      "This is terrible news indeed, as the sudden death of any Senator is.
      My condolences go out to his family and the members of his household."

Originally posted by Conlin View Post
      Is an investigation in order, or do we wait until the war is over?

-Senator Honorious
      "Senator Honorius has raised a point worth discussing. The fact that there is a war going on should not be reason to postpone an investigation. It would imply that Senators are fair game as long as the war goes on, reason for those behind the violent death of senators to continue the war as long as possible.
      As there have been several attacks on the lives of Senators in the last couple of seasons I suggest we start to take our own security seriously right away."

Plinius
      Roman Senator
      BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
        The late Senator's body isn't even cold yet and you're clamoring for his seat! Shame.
        Well I figured If I announced now and waited on the beurocracy It would be voted on well after he is in the ground.
        Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
        I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• April 30th 82 A.D.

Gameturn 5 B has now officially started !!!!

Now the second movements of the Roman-Parthian campaign will have to be made...

I will now move the Parthian army accordingly.

I will need the Roman movements on my desk by sundaymorning (as I won't be on the forums on saturday) and no, BUTS or IF'S !!!

It will end at 23:59 on saturday the 8th of november L.A. time, 8 AM London time and 9 AM Brussels time !!!!

Greets,
          FATE
          Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• "Senators,

Apparently the war has moved to its next stage while we at the Senate get only snippets of how the war is going on! This is a way of waging war unworthy of the Senate of Rome. The war will be over and Rome will have won (or Jove forbids lost) without any involvement of the Senate. Obviously this is unacceptable to any Senator. Grounds have been raised here that a black-out of information would be necessary for security reasons or that politicians should not meddle in military affairs.
            To those I say: "War is too important to be left to generals!""

"Apart from this easy one-liner: Rome does not only have to win the war but also the peace afterwards. The question: 'what to do with Armenia?' has already been raised here but dropped. How to deal with Parthia?
            Or are we going to leave these issues to the generals as well?"

"It is my strong opinion that the Senate should be informed by the generals Drusus, Paulus and this dark horse Rubinus who somehow suddenly got appointed.
            I would like to oblige the generals to report to the Senate directly on the developments of the war, so that the Senate can finally start to do its duty to Rome!"
            BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Why? So you can blab about it to our enemies? We should not burden our commanders in the field with having to report to the Senate on all of their actions. The Emperor has done a good job on keeping everyone informed.

As for the peace,I am confident the Emperor will keep Rome's best interest in mind when that situation arises.

Marcus Tarquinus
              Last edited by Legate; 06 Nov 08, 16:00.
              If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Fellow Senators,

I concur with senator Plinius.
                Why is the senate of Rome being left in the dark concerning the campaign against Parthia? As of yet we havn't received any feedback on the war in the east!
                You might even start to think that maybe our generals have suffered a defeat, but are too afraid to report this to us!

Please, at least inform us of the current situation Emperor...

Ave
                Senator Plautius
                Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• Originally posted by captainsennef View Post

"It is my strong opinion that the Senate should be informed by the generals Drusus, Paulus and this dark horse Rubinus who somehow suddenly got appointed.

I would like to oblige the generals to report to the Senate directly on the developments of the war, so that the Senate can finally start to do its duty to Rome!"

Originally posted by Stratego View Post

I concur with senator Plinius.

Why is the senate of Rome being left in the dark concerning the campaign against Parthia?
                  Senators of Rome,

Has the time come for a Senate Intelligence Committee to be formed?

It may be the ony way to ensure that the war is being conducted to the satisfaction of the People of Rome...

~Senator Antonius "Fat Tony" Soprano~
                  "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by salinator View Post
                    Senators,

The Emperor has received news from General Drusus. Operation Armenian Freedom has begun. The enemy is melting before our soldiers. More details will be given when the Emperor receives them.
                    An excellent title. Hopefully it will not be as long as Iraqi Freedom (a war of which I just completely made up ).
                    "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Comment

• Originally posted by captainsennef View Post
                      "Senators,

Apparently the war has moved to its next stage while we at the Senate get only snippets of how the war is going on! This is a way of waging war unworthy of the Senate of Rome. The war will be over and Rome will have won (or Jove forbids lost) without any involvement of the Senate. Obviously this is unacceptable to any Senator. Grounds have been raised here that a black-out of information would be necessary for security reasons or that politicians should not meddle in military affairs.
                      To those I say: "War is too important to be left to generals!""

"Apart from this easy one-liner: Rome does not only have to win the war but also the peace afterwards. The question: 'what to do with Armenia?' has already been raised here but dropped. How to deal with Parthia?
                      Or are we going to leave these issues to the generals as well?"

The confidentiality of the senate has been compromised, my dear senator, the antics of Ornanes Zig and his cohorts prove this. If we gave tatical and operational infomation to the senate we might just hand it to the parthians.

This war is too important for POLITICIANS to mess up.

My friend, I think that you must be in the pay of the parthians or at least very dull witted as a man of your station should know the importance of information security.

Falco Tiberius
                      Former Commandant XXII Legion

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace_General View Post
                        The confidentiality of the senate has been compromised, my dear senator, the antics of Ornanes Zig and his cohorts prove this. If we gave tatical and operational infomation to the senate we might just hand it to the parthians.

This war is too important for POLITICIANS to mess up.

My friend, I think that you must be in the pay of the parthians or at least very dull witted as a man of your station should know the importance of information security.

Falco Tiberius
                        Former Commandant XXII Legion
                        Did FATE give you the option of commenting on the fellow senators' comments? If no, don't intrude. If yes (which I HIGHLY doubt he said), then have a more wiser outlook on things, unlike the now-deceased General Falco.

-Alexander AKA Senator Honorious

Comment

• Honorable senators, I do have a question.
                          Yes war is to Important to be left to the Generals, but victory should not be compromised for political gains do you agree?. I would say that yes I do agree the great senate does have the right to be informed and shoul be, however they should leave combat decisions to the generals on the ground, do you agree?

- Best regards Senators
                          -Pattonus
                          Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                          I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Senators,

The Emperor assures you that the details will be shared with you, one and all, as soon as the Generals feel that the details will no longer jeopardize the operation or endanger the lives of Roman soldiers and our allies. The operation is young, and the Generals wish keep our troop positions, movements, and possible target objectives as secret as possible. Due to fear of dispatch couriers being intercepted, there will be a necessary time delay, and for that, the Emperor begs the Senate for it's patience.

Prior to his murder, Senator Titus had approached the Emperor with his intent to spend his wealth to raise an additional Legion for the war effort. He also expressed his concern about possible potential betrayal by members of the Senate. He was to share some details with the Emperor, but was murdered the day he was supposed to present them. Senator Titus was a patriot, he gave his life for Rome. Honor him, for he was a soldier of Rome.
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Tell me it isn't so, Rome lost a new Legion due to treachery from within?
                              "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                              Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• I say that some parthian mofos took him out, cause was one of the few people that was in it for the greater glory of rome, not themselves.

We need to fight fire with fire, we should make like covet ops squads to assinate people, god wheres falco were you need him

Im not gonna get involed in the war as Tiberius Falco is kinda old and pretty beat up from 4 decades of campaigns. Though it would be kinda cool to see daddy falco going into armenia and going all batshit crazy like denzel washington in "man on fire." If I could brutally tourture and excute the parthian leadership this war could be over in a month,

We all gotta have dreams, Right?

Falco Tiberius

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X