SPQR Gameturn 5 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emperor, Senate, and People of Rome:

The campaign against the Parthians has begun. No details will be posted at this time due to operational security.

The sacrificial rites have been observed and the Gods are shown to favor Rome.

I call on all Romans to put aside their petty squabbles and differences and dedicate themselves to Victory!

Hail Caesar!
    Roma Victa!!

General Drusus
    Supreme Commander Roman Army of the East
    Governor of Germania
    "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Ace_General View Post
      Now, falco was on the armenian border after the dirty dozen mission hanging out with my dozen and some of my armenian peeps

Now, they sent 8 cavlerymen to arrest me without a order from the emperor, basicly a few senators and marcus tarquinus sent them to arrest me.

So I killed those 8 men with my dozen and a couple dozen armenians, then gathered all the armenian men and soldiers of fortune and alans and the odd sythian or too and rode into enemy territory looking for a fight and went out of contact

Ok, so then apparently some fighting happened and me and my men got holed up in a hill fort and my last message said I was charging the parthians to try to break out. Then I supposedly died and went out of contact.

BUT Falco's body was never recovered by the parthians and if the fort was encirceld my the parthians and he was trying to break out, logically, the parthians would recover the body, and they would trumphet the fact that they vasquished the great General Falco, as, governorial skills aside, Falco was second to none on the battle feild,

So......................
      ...Dude,your character is dead! Get used to it! Stop trying to resurrect Falco and just play the game as an citizen.
      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Anyway, Have we even considered the option of after liberating Armenina we keep it. I know I'm pushing the issue but it is a great option and the perfect situation for rome.
        Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
        I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
          Anyway, Have we even considered the option of after liberating Armenina we keep it. I know I'm pushing the issue but it is a great option and the perfect situation for rome.
          That option is up to the Emperor to decide, together with the Senate...
          But why would Rome want to conquer a nation that can practically be called a Roman province already ????

Greets,
          FATE

"Keeping" and "conquering" just sounds so...how shall we say...PARTHIAN
          Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
            April 15th 82 A.D.

Gameturn 5 A has now officially started !!!!

The first movements in the campaign have been made...

I will now move the Parthian army accordingly.

I will need the Roman movements on my desk within two days from now
            and no, BUTS or IF'S !!!

I will be very strict on this...

It will end at noon on wednesday the 5th of november L.A. time, 8 PM London time and 9 PM Brussels time !!!!

Greets,
            FATE
            I've received the movements of the Roman army for gameturn 5A !
            They will be processed tonight, whereupon the Generals will receive the RESULTS of their moves !

Greets,
            FATE
            Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

BORG

Comment

Hmm...you're 7 min early.

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers ... Each one owes infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he was born." - Francois Fenelon

Comment

Originally posted by delboy View Post

Give the man a break. It's 9PM over there! He does great work!
                History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                _________
                BoRG

Comment

BORG

Comment

Originally posted by Torien View Post
                    Give the man a break. It's 9PM over there! He does great work!
                    I'm joking, man. Why do you have to be so serious.
                    "All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers ... Each one owes infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he was born." - Francois Fenelon

Comment

I'm joking, man. Why do you have to be so serious.
                      What, me serious?
                      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                      _________
                      BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                        That option is up to the Emperor to decide, together with the Senate...
                        But why would Rome want to conquer a nation that can practically be called a Roman province already ????

Greets,
                        FATE

"Keeping" and "conquering" just sounds so...how shall we say...PARTHIAN
                        Of course I leave everything up to the beloved senate and Emperor of the Empire
                        Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                        I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

It is with great sadness that I must report that the Honorable Senator Titus has been murdered. He died this morning in his bed, a victim of poisoning. We mourn his loss.

Marcus Quintus Glabrio
                          Herald of Senator Titus Macedonius

Comment

Originally posted by Commodore_1812 View Post
                            It is with great sadness that I must report that the Honorable Senator Titus has been murdered. He died this morning in his bed, a victim of poisoning. We mourn his loss.

Marcus Quintus Glabrio
                            Herald of Senator Titus Macedonius
                            He was what?!

-Senator Honorious

Comment

Murdered my good sir...He was a Senator for but a few days. Should have stayed a Tribunes Militium.

Comment

Dispatch from Britannia

I say though we make parthia a protectorate and integrate there military command with ours and have a permeant like front commander, Basicly have like the roman version of something like CENTCOM. Also, I think we should train the armenian army up to something approaching roman standards. This will help organize a quick reaction in case the parthians try anything in the future as how long it took us to organize and deploy our forces now in this conflict was apalling and if they had a leader with some balls and half a brain they would be in egypt and Byztatium by now.

Thats what I did on a small scale on the northern frontier with the Brigandines in Britannia. My adoptive son, odar, may the gods smile one him in the afterlife, was part of that tribe and given to me as a diplomatic hostage, but when the picts killed his family I took him in as my own.

Also, I say that we should try to have a closer relationship with those mysterious squint eyed people in the east that call themselves the Han. I heard that they got in a few scraps with the parthians and the old maxim "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" still holds true.

Tiberius Falco
                                Former Legatus Legio XXII Primigenia
                                Last edited by Ace_General; 05 Nov 08, 20:45.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X