No announcement yet.

SPQR Gameturn 5 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am honored that the good Emperor trusts my instincts, to now be in charge with leading Legio VII, in taking over from the noble General Drusus for it is he who has given my men new hope and determination to fight for Rome. Moesia will be governed justly, and under Roman law as decreed by our great Emperor.

I, and my men are ready to fight, Parthia will bitterly taste our wrath.

ROMA VICTA!
    Last edited by Achtung Baby; 02 Nov 08, 06:15.
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

Comment

So, Will the Senate hear my words? or are they to busy fighting over olives and grapes?
      Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
      I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

What words?

And it is hard fighting for olives and grapes, you should try.
        "All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers ... Each one owes infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he was born." - Francois Fenelon

Comment

The words that Yes the war is on, but why not conquest as well if it is possible. don't just engage Parthia but when it is all said and done capture Armenia as well. or make Armenia a Proctorate. More land taxes and people.
          Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
          I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

Senator Honorius
            Senator Honorius has been seen a lot in the senate and among the populace lately. Seems that he is really working on his political career. His unpopularity among the people of Rome these last six months has dramatically improved. He is slowly becoming popular. To underline his popularity even more, he will be organizing gladiator games for the populace next week.
            Another patriotic gesture that won’t miss its effect among the senate and the Emperor is the fact that he has offered 5 wealth to the Imperial Treasury for the oncoming war against Parthia.
            A mysterious man going by the name of Orontes Zig has recently offered senator Honorius 2 wealth. It seems that this gift was accepted by the senators personal accountant…
            Ok, I did accept the 2 wealth, LAST GAME TURN...considering that things were starting to simmer...He came back to me, offering more that TWICE as much, but asking in return to do something that would help Parthia, something I would very much not do considering the situation.

-Senator Honorious
            So you see, it would be beneficial for you to agree with the Emperor's position in public so to better maintain your innocence against treason.

Salinatorius Magnus
            I guess it's over for me.

-Senator Honorious

Comment

Originally posted by Conlin View Post
              Senator Honorius
              Senator Honorius has been seen a lot in the senate and among the populace lately. Seems that he is really working on his political career. His unpopularity among the people of Rome these last six months has dramatically improved. He is slowly becoming popular. To underline his popularity even more, he will be organizing gladiator games for the populace next week.
              Another patriotic gesture that won’t miss its effect among the senate and the Emperor is the fact that he has offered 5 wealth to the Imperial Treasury for the oncoming war against Parthia.
              A mysterious man going by the name of Orontes Zig has recently offered senator Honorius 2 wealth. It seems that this gift was accepted by the senators personal accountant…
              Quote:
              Ok, I did accept the 2 wealth, LAST GAME TURN...considering that things were starting to simmer...He came back to me, offering more that TWICE as much, but asking in return to do something that would help Parthia, something I would very much not do considering the situation.

-Senator Honorious
              Quote:
              So you see, it would be beneficial for you to agree with the Emperor's position in public so to better maintain your innocence against treason.

Salinatorius Magnus

I guess it's over for me.

-Senator Honorious
              "By the Immortal Gods, Honorius, what have you done?"

Plinius,
              Roman Senator
              BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

I didn't give him anything. He approached me, stated his "demands" and said it would be "profitable" and gave me 2 wealth when I accepted. He came back, offering 5 wealth if I would do all I can to hinder the campaign, but I refused, and he mentioned something of "revenge" and "angering his master".

So...will I be executed immiediatly or wil I go to trial?

-Senator Honorious

Comment

Senators,

Remain calm. This spy has been active in trying to turn the entire Senate against Rome. Honorius had a moment of weakness in accepting a bribe. As far as the Emperor knows, he did not know who that person worked for. He did not commit treason, only the contrary, he did inform the Senate of the intentions of Orontes Zig.

Now you all know that my actions were justified and was for the greater good of Rome.
                  Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

GRAVE VOICE

"Senators, sire,

it is with the utmost sadness that I, as dean of Senators, have to conclude that the integrity of senator Honorius has been compromised by accepting bribes from the enemies of Rome. How to deal with senator Honorius is up to the Senate and the Senate alone. Perhaps senator Honorius can help us with thinking of an honourable way out.

What saddens me even more is the fact that this body has to address the actual fact of blackmailing of a Roman Senator by the emperor.
                    Earlier I warned to be alert for attempts of usurpation of powers by the emperor under the pretext of a war going on. It is only bitter for me to see that I was proven so right so soon. The emperor saw what was wrong, but rather than going public he used this information to advance his own agenda and blackmailed senator Honorius"

"Senators, I 'm not jumping to the conclusion that we should impeach the emperor. After all, there IS a war going on and the only ones to profit from impeachment would be our enemies. But I would like to urge you all to be wide awake. Let not your patriotism make you vigilant and sharp towards our enemy outside but naive and blind to threats from within. And to you, my emperor, I say: 'Go, leave this place for now and make all the promises we saw in you when we appointed you emperor come true!"

Plinius,
                    Roman Senator
                    BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Great Senate and Emperor of Rome,

It is obvious that this scum Arcarces is trying to cause division among the Roman politicians ! Senator Verus has already been approached by this Orontes Zig, now also senator Honorius! Who knows how many more? It is now time, more then ever, to stand united in the oncoming conflict. It is essential that we work together despite the difference in opinions we've all had in the past...

Who knows how many Parthian spies have infiltrated our capital, so it is essential that we all remain vigilant. Yet, I must also heed for a possible witchhunt that might erupt soon. Last night, I've been witness of a violent beating of a foreign trader by some young excentric Romans near the Circus Maximus on the Palatium. Already foreigners are being looked at suspiciously...
                      We cannot afford blood and violence in the streets, this will only cause dissension, the death of many innocent, alot of wealth and, if this is not contained...possibly even a rebellion in our great city. Let me ask you this: Haven't the citizens of Rome suffered enough lately????

Dear Emperor, let us not accept a regime of hatred against foreigners, for this is the second pillar of the entire Roman Empire. We are a world civilization, foreigners flock to us and have accepted our rule from the deserts of Africa to the woods of Germania just because they are in awe of our great wisdom, our military might and cultural achievements. Let us not dissapoint them and protect them no matter what their beliefs and ancestry, just like we accept the different opinions of each other here in the senate...

Send out more troops of your Praetorian Guard to ensure the peace in our streets, but also let them be vigilant...

Only united, we WILL be victorious !!!!

Ave,
                      Senator Plautius
                      Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

SENATOR PLINIUS!!!!

DO NOT PRETEND TO KNOW MY REASONS AND INTENTIONS. THIS PLOT IS MUCH BIGGER THAN YOU THINK. YOU HAVE BEEN BLINDED BY YOU PETTY DESIRE TO UNDERMINE THE EMPEROR. DO NOT TEST THE EMPEROR'S PATIENCE. I DID NOT BLACKMAIL HONORIUS, I ASKED HIM TO PUBLICLY SUPPORT MY POSITION BY COMING CLEAN. THAT WILL ENFORCE HIS INNOCENCE, AND SATISFY THE REASON FOR SECRECY. THIS MATTER WAS TO BE DEALT WITH AFTER WE HAVE DEFEATED OUR ENEMY. YOU ARE BLIND, PLINIUS.............EVERY SINGLE SENATOR HAS BEEN APPROACHED BY THIS PERSON, INCLUDING YOU! WHY THEN, PLINIUS, DID YOU YOURSELF NOT REVEAL THIS? AND YOU CONTINUED TO INSIST ON MAKING THE MILITARY PLANS KNOWN TO THE SENATE! WHY PLINIUS? ARE YOU WORKING WITH ZIG? I KNEW HONORIUS WAS NOT, YOUR INNOCENCE HAS NOT YET BEEN CONFIRMED. AT THIS VERY MOMENT, THE EMPEROR HAS AN AGENT THAT IS WORKING UNDERCOVER TO DEAL WITH THIS.
                        Last edited by Salinator; 02 Nov 08, 16:54.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Senator Plautius,

The Emperor's Praetorian Guard is rather stretched at the moment with the detachment that has been protecting the ungrateful Senator Plinius ever since his assassination attempt, and the detachment that was sent to protect Senator Honorius from retribution prior to his confession.

But no harm shall come to innocent foreigners in Rome. The Emperor has already ordered the Fire Fighting Legion to patrol the fair city.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Praeco de Romae: Extra Edition

Treachery in the Senate!!!

Senator Honorius has been caught accepting bribes from servants of our enemy in Parthia! Our Great Emperor, Sal the Magnificent, has discovered his treachery with an elaborate plot. This dragnet the Emperor has woven may catch other traitors as well. More details as to the others involved will follow in regular announcements.

Word spreads amongst the populace and traders in the forums about what should be done. Many, if not most, agree that Senator Honorius should live up to his name and take the honorable way out! When he gets to Tartarus, maybe Pluto will let him drink deep of the River Lethe and wash his Dishonor from his memory!

Torienus
                            History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                            _________
                            BoRG

Comment

So...trial then execution or suicide?

-Alexander

Comment

Senator Honorius did not know that the money he received was from Parthia. From what the Emperor has learned, Honorius may have had no plans of treason. What he is guilty of so far is GREED and STUPIDITY.

Remember, whatever funds he profited from, he gave more for the war effort against Parthia.
                                Last edited by Salinator; 02 Nov 08, 19:49.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X