Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the Worksheet stuff...

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
    The worksheet is kind of a “store” where the players can buy or invest in certain goods or services during each gameturn according to their wealth…

The worksheet of the Emperor, the senators and generals differ, but logically it is the Emperor who has the most to choose from. I need to have these worksheets submitted to me EVERY WEEK before the closing of the senate’s poll so that I may process them also…

Every investment the players make, will have consequences for the next turn, their co-players and most importantly…on their popularity !
    A player does not HAVE to invest in anything, he has the right to save his wealth for the next turn or until the end of the game and thereby ending the game as the winner with the most wealth !!!!

Below you will find a list of all the possible goods, services and investments, a short description and their cost in money…BUT it won’t say HOW MUCH popularity you will gain or lose by investing in it…this, you will find out personally in the game and I want you all to use your common sense !!!

Assassination 2
    If you want to do an assassination attempt on a rival, you’d have to invest in this ! Beware though, an attempt of murder can be uncovered and it is more difficult to assassinate a popular rival than an unpopular one…therefore you have the option to do a conspiracy. A conspiracy takes place WHEN TWO OR MORE players decide to do an assassination attempt on a rival.
    Working together with other players in getting rid of a popular rival, can not only greatly improve your chances of succeeding BUT will not make you stand alone in the senate or in Rome IF it is uncovered. Working this way will make you lose less popularity because it seems that more senators, perhaps the Emperor, a general and parts of the Roman population thought the same way...
    Don’t forget to mention on who you (and your fellow conspirators) are plotting against !!!

Poison 1
    If you wish to poison someone, you will have to invest in this…don’t forget to mention who you wish to poison before submitting…

Purge 1
    When all else fails for an Emperor…he should try this to get rid of his opponents, cheap and effective…

Spies 1
    If you want to see what a rival is investing in, if you want to know if he’s planning a plot against you, if you want to know who a rival is bribing…in short if you want to know what another player is up to, invest in SPIES !!!! Beware one spy per rival…if you want to spy on two rivals, then you must invest in two spies etc… !!!!

Bribe 1
    With this, players can try to bribe a fellow player (Emperor, senator or general) giving them one extra wealth the next turn OR they may bribe the Senate in its entirety giving him + 1 popularity in the Senate…don’t forget to mention who you are bribing before submitting to me !!!!

Distribution of land 3
    Only an Emperor has the possibility to grant his favorites pieces of land for accomplishing a great deed OR just for his loyalty…for senators and generals the amount of land and wealth one owns can represent its victory conditions after the 10th game turn !!!!

Feast 1
    When the Emperor or a senator invests in a feast he will be allowed to invite whomever he chooses to spend the night at his home with a lot of food, grapes, women, men, flowing wine, dance, music and who knows what else…

Distribution of bread 5
    Emperors and senators will be allowed to organize a bread distribution in Rome in order to gain extra popularity with the plebs and riff raff of Rome…The Generals are also able to organize this, but only in their province in order to win the love of the people and to stave off a rebellion !!!!

Chariot Racing 3
    Chariot races were very popular in Rome among the people…but also among the patricians ! If you wish to appease the people AND the senate, you must invest in this !!!!

Gladiator Games
    And of course, how could I not include the great “Games” ??? The Emperor, the senators and the generals are allowed to invest in the organizing Gladiator Games, BUT only the Emperor is allowed to organize the big games that take 30 days or 100 days !!!!

Cost 3 = 1 day of games with gladiators and felines !!!

Cost 5 = 30 days of games with gladiators, warrior- women, horsemen, and animals !!!

Cost 8 = 100 days of games with a real sea battle, entire legions, dwarves, warrior-women, gladiators, horsemen, chariots and animals !!!

Of course, the larger and elaborate the games the more popularity among the people, but not always among the senators !!!!

Building of Monument or buildings 5
    The building of aqueducts, triumphal arches, bathhouses etc…are very popular among the people, it gives them work and it glorifies Rome…The senators also consider such projects as good investments of the Imperial Treasury !!!! Only the Emperor can invest in such projects…Generals can invest in such projects in their own province !!!!

Building of Temple 3
    By building temples, the Emperor and the Generals will pay tribute to the Gods and gain popularity among the people…

Start a War = 6 for the first turn and 2 for each following turn for EVERY legion involved !!!!

Only the Emperor can start a war with barbarians or a another nation, although popular with the people and the army, an offensive war is NOT popular with the senate and it costs the treasury a lot of money…and IF you start a war you will have to end it in glory !!!! Otherwise you must suffer the consequences in popularity !!!! My personal advice is to always ask the senate before going on a war footing…

Create a new legion 2
    Only the Emperor can create a new legion ! At the beginning of the game, the Emperor has 30 legions at his disposal…creating a legion costs money, is unpopular with the senate, but popular with the army…

Raise taxes in Rome 2
    Obviously only the Emperor has the right to raise taxes in Rome. Although it will spice up his treasury with 2 every turn, it is not popular in Rome !!! An Emperor may raise taxes as many times as he wishes, but he will also suffer in popularity every time !!!!

Pay of soldiers 2
    A General is allowed to reward his army with extra pay, of course this will make his popularity rise among his men !!!!

Recruitment Infantry 1
    Generals may recruit extra infantry in his province in order to spice up the strength of his legion !!!! For every investment, a General wins 250 recruits in his barracks !!!!

Recruitment Cavalry 3
    Generals may also recruit extra cavalry in his province in order to spice up the strength of his horsemen !!!! For every investment, a General wins 50 cavalrymen in the barracks !!!!

Buy Mercenaries 2
    Generals also have the ability to buy mercenaries from the local warlord ! These 300 mercenaries can be used immediately if a war should break out to quickly spice up your army, BUT these wild, looting barbarians are not popular with the army nor with the local population !!!!

Building of roads 5
    Building roads in a province will give the local population extra work and will increase trade and is therefore popular among the provincials and the Imperial treasury, gaining 1 wealth for every turn !!!!

Raise taxes in Province 1
    A general that raises taxes in the province will lose popularity among the provincials, but will enlarge HIS wallet !!!!

While the Emperor may spend MORE than his Imperial treasure chest has to offer every turn - and suffer the consequences in popularity – the senators and generals cannot !!!! They are however, allowed to borrow money from a fellow player (such as Senator Honorius) if they wish !!!
    "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Rome requests Donations of much needed wealth from Generals and Senators to help fund the ongoing war effort. Nothing was spared in order to ensure Roman victory and the well being of her soldiers. The massive cost cannot be sustained by the Imperial Treasury alone!
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• So, for game turn 6 we have a few new players:

Captain Gaius Marius of the Praetorian Guard (Patton 7079)

Senator Torienus (Torien)

Three main Armenian politicians (these characters have not all been acounted for as of yet...)

And...a special "guest"...

Damn, It's already sunday evening! I want to play more SPQR

Greets,
        FATE aka Stratego
        Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• Guess how many PM's I received in the last 3 hours: from 9 PM till Midnight?

I went from 49 to 73!!!! This must be a record for me...

Greets,
          FATE
          Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratego View Post
            Guess how many PM's I received in the last 3 hours: from 9 PM till Midnight?

I went from 49 to 73!!!! This must be a record for me...

Greets,
            FATE
            I know. Sorry. I was thinking that 150 PM is not enough for some of us to be able to store. Is there a way to get more space? Or dump messages to a file that can be retrieved? Maybe a Premium Membership that gives us more storage?

Just thinking on screen...
            History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
            _________
            BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
              I know. Sorry. I was thinking that 150 PM is not enough for some of us to be able to store. Is there a way to get more space? Or dump messages to a file that can be retrieved? Maybe a Premium Membership that gives us more storage?

You may route your PMs through me. I can store them for you so that you may delete yours.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by salinator View Post
                You may route your PMs through me. I can store them for you so that you may delete yours.
                Thanks for offering Mien Emperor! But I think I'll stick to tacking notes to Cleitus' Community Bulletin Board.
                History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                _________
                BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post

You can save messages to a file - I saw that as an option when I was cleaning out my old messages - haven't done it yet - but it should be easy to do.
                  I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
                    You can save messages to a file - I saw that as an option when I was cleaning out my old messages - haven't done it yet - but it should be easy to do.
                    Moving them to a file only organize your messages. It still count against the total. You need to save it to your own computer.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by salinator View Post
                      Moving them to a file only organize your messages. It still count against the total. You need to save it to your own computer.
                      Good to know -- thanks

I just delete mine anyway - once they become two or three weeks old -- they're pretty much obsolete as it is.

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• For those not aware... there is a new function that will transfer them to an XML, CSV, or TEXT document on your own puter...

Ya check the boxes on whatever PMs ya wanna transfer & choose the correct action in the bottom right 'Selected Messages' drop down.

You can even choose to have the selected PMs deleted upon completion.

Works great!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• OK -- that's two days in a row now that I've been forced to Learn something !!! If this keeps up - I'm going to get a headache !

Thanks for the info though

BoRG

Comment

• you can still learn things!!!
                            Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                            I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• True -- my IQ dropped 3 points over the last year -- so it's back on the charts again -- I should be able to learn a little something if you repeat it often enough and make certain to speak very loudly

BoRG

Comment

• so it's kinda like training a puppy.
                                Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                                I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X