SPQR Gameturn 5 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by salinator View Post
    The Emperor can now tell you all that Flavian was a double spy for the Empire. The Parthian Dogs found out and tried to killed him. Thank Apollo that that Flavian is blessed.

But they did not know that the Emperor had a second agent:

The Parthians have fallen for your trap, Caesar. I recieved this mesage, via my spy network, and it exposes everything. Now is the time to act!

Quote:

Senator Antonius,

The word has reached me that entire Rome is aware that senator Flavian has managed to escape the daggers of my assassins! Now I assume that a hunt will be organized to try and arrest me...Of course this is an akward situation for BOTH of us. Yes, for you too.

For me, because I -as well as the other Parthian agents in Rome- have to fear for our lives and must continue our operations with much caution. But also, and worst of all, I will not be able to have my revenge on senator Plinius, who had agreed to cooperate with me but who ultimately double-crossed me because he wanted double pay!

For you personally it would be akward if I was arrested and forced to confess who received bribes from me. Until now, your reputation in Rome is unblemished and thus, for political reasons, I believe you wish that it would remain so. Look what has happened to senator Honorius, who has also received wealth from me and, even worse, look at senator Plinius who has tooked numerious gifts and became a servant of Parthia without even the same promises that I offered completely !

I wonder how you would fare????
    Let me cut a deal with you senator. If you refrain the Praetorian Guard from arresting me AND if you I pledge to quench my thirst for revenge by getting rid of senator Flavian, I will refrain from sending a copy of this dispatch to various senators of Rome !!!!

Remember Honorius and Plinius will be dead, so shall you be also if you do not take this deal. Think carefully! See how quickly and easily Titus died when he attempted to alert the Emperor of his discovery of Plinius. You WILL not last a second!

Please consider this offer and be swift, for my patience with you treacherous Roman senators is running very thin !!!! And don't try to double-cross me like your fellow colleague, for this time I will personally thrust a dagger into your throat! Look how long it took us to take care to Titus!

Do not underestimate the Parthian resilience...

Orontes Zig

There is the proof! There it is as plainly laid out as it could be! Now I demand that justice be swift, and we rid Rome of this vile disease! Must we sit around and debate this further? We have the proof, we have the conviction! Let the lions feast! No more of this double speak from Plinius and his lap dog Torien! End this. Do your duty and cut out this cancer before it spreads!

Marcus Quintus Glabrio

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratego View Post
      Parthian spies in Rome????

The news runs as a fireblaze through the capital city...
      The people are afraid, the mobs are arming themselves, after all...they could be anywhere !!!!

They could be poisoning the watersupply, causing dissent among the Roman politicians, the instigators of the criminality in the suburbs, breaking down the grain supplies to Rome...

Greets,
      FATE
      I doubt the parthiens have to balls to pull something like that
      "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
      "

Comment

• Praeco de Romae: Extra Edition

Originally posted by salinator View Post
        The Emperor can now tell you all that Flavian was a double spy for the Empire. The Parthian Dogs found out and tried to killed him. Thank Apollo that that Flavian is blessed.

But they did not know that the Emperor had a second agent:

The Parthians have fallen for your trap, Caesar. I recieved this mesage, via my spy network, and it exposes everything. Now is the time to act!

Quote:

Senator Antonius,

The word has reached me that entire Rome is aware that senator Flavian has managed to escape the daggers of my assassins! Now I assume that a hunt will be organized to try and arrest me...Of course this is an akward situation for BOTH of us. Yes, for you too.

For me, because I -as well as the other Parthian agents in Rome- have to fear for our lives and must continue our operations with much caution. But also, and worst of all, I will not be able to have my revenge on senator Plinius, who had agreed to cooperate with me but who ultimately double-crossed me because he wanted double pay!

For you personally it would be akward if I was arrested and forced to confess who received bribes from me. Until now, your reputation in Rome is unblemished and thus, for political reasons, I believe you wish that it would remain so. Look what has happened to senator Honorius, who has also received wealth from me and, even worse, look at senator Plinius who has tooked numerious gifts and became a servant of Parthia without even the same promises that I offered completely !

Let me cut a deal with you senator. If you refrain the Praetorian Guard from arresting me AND if you I pledge to quench my thirst for revenge by getting rid of senator Flavian, I will refrain from sending a copy of this dispatch to various senators of Rome !!!!

Remember Honorius and Plinius will be dead, so shall you be also if you do not take this deal. Think carefully! See how quickly and easily Titus died when he attempted to alert the Emperor of his discovery of Plinius. You WILL not last a second!

Please consider this offer and be swift, for my patience with you treacherous Roman senators is running very thin !!!! And don't try to double-cross me like your fellow colleague, for this time I will personally thrust a dagger into your throat! Look how long it took us to take care to Titus!

Orontes Zig
        The Emperor has been deceived! My information network which includes the Good Citizen Cleitus, Innkeeper of the Slaughtered Lamb (Reasonable off-season rates now available!) has passed on this urgent message from Orontes Zig himself!

Note how Senator Antonius has altered the original letter to suit his nefarious purpose!

Quote:
        "To my messenger Cleitus,

Please send this message to the Roman herald Torienus (Torien) ASAP.
        As always, utmost discretion is advised.

Your generous benefactor,
        Orontes Zig"

"1st of june 82 AD

Great herald of Rome Torienus,

Although I have little respect for the treacherous Romans I would like to notify you that this IS the original message I've sent to senator Antonius, two days ago.
        As you have noticed, the senator has taken my dispatch and rewrote it according to his wishes in order to get rid of his political opponents !!!
        Let me assure you that senator Antonius HAS received a bribe from me in the past!
        You must also inform them that both senators Flavian and Antonius will not be able to hide from my revenge...
        As I am Orontes Zig, I can assure you that they will never be certain of their safety anymore. They have double-crossed me and WILL not get away with it !!!!

Orontes Zig"

"29th of may

Senator Antonius,

The word has reached me that entire Rome is aware that senator Flavian has managed to escape the daggers of my assassins!
        Now I assume that a hunt will be organized to try and arrest me...Of course this is an akward situation for BOTH of us. Yes, for you too.
        For me, because I -as well as the other Parthian agents in Rome- have to fear for our lives and must continue our operations with much caution. But also, and worst of all, I will not be able to have my revenge on the senator who has agreed to cooperate with me but who ultimately double-crossed me!
        For you personally it would be akward if I was arrested and forced to confess who received bribes from me. Until now, your reputation in Rome is unblemished and thus, for political reasons, I believe you wish that it would remain so. My personal spies also report that you are a close advisor of the Emperor. It would certainly be a shame if he found out that you have recieved money from a Parthian agent! Look what has happened to senator Honorius, who has also received wealth from me and, even worse, look at senator Plinius who has turned down the bribe I offered completely !

Please consider this offer and be swift, for my patience with you treacherous Roman senators is running very thin !!!!
        And don't try to double-cross me like your fellow colleague, for this time I will personally thrust a dagger into your throat!

Orontes Zig

PS: It will be required that you deliver your answer to Citizen Cleitus (Slug), innkeeper of the "Slaughtered Lamb" on the Vius Coccola, close to the Amphitheatre!"

These are now my words:

People of Rome, let us not be deceived any longer by these enemies of Rome. It seems my accusations against the Emperor have been in error. Great Emperor Sal, please forgive my ignorance! I would never have thought that your inner circle of advisors was misleading you so!

Please, Great Sal, renounce all of these traitors and reclaim the rightful leadership of Rome! Unfettered and unclouded by the spell of these deceivers!

Torienus, Rome's most loyal Herald.
        History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
        _________
        BoRG

Comment

• Can anybody still follow ????

Greets,
          FATE
          Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• Wait a minute. Was Plinius bribed or not?

Senator Flavian
            "All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers ... Each one owes infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he was born." - Francois Fenelon

Comment

• What I get is that Plinius was bribed, is a Parthian agent, conspired to kill Titus, and then double crossed the Parthians.

Comment

• How do we know that Torienus did not alter this letter himself?
                If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• We should concentrate on finding Orontes Zig. He should know the truth.

Senator Flavian
                  "All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers ... Each one owes infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he was born." - Francois Fenelon

Comment

• Originally posted by Legate View Post
                    How do we know that Torienus did not alter this letter himself?
                    Good point. It is obvious that Torien is nothing more than a lap dog and mouth piece for Plinius. I would trust little that came from them!

Comment

• get Orontes Zig

"Senators and People of Rome,

The plots seriously thickens.
                      As I know myself to be innocent and the trial could not find fault with me,
                      so I trust Torienus's to be the correct version of the letter.

What to do? What is wisdom?

In order to successfully finalise the Parthian war here at home
                      I feel we should follow Senator Flavian's suggestion and concentrate the full might of Rome on apprehending Orontes Zig.
                      With him on trial we can once and for all establish beyond doubt who are the traitors and who the real Roman patriots!"

Plinius
                      Roman Senator
                      BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                        I just love this...

A true crime mystery, right here on ACG!

Move aside Doyle and Christie...

Greets,
                        FATE
                        Told you all!

Who dunnit? The pieces of the puzzle fit perfectly for those who pay attention...where's Sherlockus Holmus?

Greets,
                        FATE
                        Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• slave to the rhythm

Love puzzles. I have time enough to think while I row my boat.

It is all there you say? Good...
                          What to do when I have solved the puzzle? I will be murdered when I tell.

Luckily nobody knows the boat I'm on.

Faustus the galley slave
                          3 bottles of champagne, 3 wenches and 20 miles on horseback; all in 3 hours!

Comment

• A summary:

Verus tells Senate about Orontes Zig.
                            Emperor ask Antonius if the underworld has heard of this man.
                            Emperor makes smart move by classifying all info of troop locations and movements.
                            Emperor suspect Zig is enemy agent because of upcoming war and tells Antonius to accept bribe.
                            Flavian contacts Emperor and offers to be double agent. Emperor accepts.
                            Emperor tells Antonius to keep quiet till Zig contacts him again.
                            Plinius demands sensitive war information.
                            Honorius reveals that Zig is Partian agent.
                            Plinius still demands sensitive war information.
                            Emperor finds out Honorius took bribe and convince him to confess.
                            Plinius continues to demand sensitive war information.
                            Titus is killed when he finds out entire Senate is compromised, at the request of Plinius?
                            Emperor explains to Senate that he now knows that Zig had contacted entire Senate, and danger of info falling into wrong hands were too great.
                            Plinius still demands info and insults Emperor.
                            People demands action.
                            Plinius and Honorius arrested.
                            Plinius and Torienus attacks the Emperor and attempts to incite riots.
                            Zig is upset that Plinius did not deliver, his masters are angry.
                            Zig finds out Flavian is double agent and attempted to assassinate him.
                            Flavian survives and Zig is desperate.
                            Zig knows the Emperor is closing in on him.
                            Zig attempts to turn Antonius, unwittingly giving evidence to Antonius who has been waiting the whole time.
                            Plinius is guilty.
                            And if Cleitus and Torienus knew contents of Zig letter, they are also guilty.
                            Last edited by Salinator; 18 Nov 08, 17:27.
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

A summary:

Emperor makes smart move by classifying all info of troop locations and movements.
                              Emperor suspect Zig is enemy agent because of upcoming war and tells Antonius to accept bribe.
                              Titus is killed when he finds out entire Senate is compromised, at the request of Plinius?
                              Emperor explains to Senate that he now knows that Zig had contacted entire Senate, and danger of info falling into wrong hands were too great.
                              People demands action.
                              Zig attempts to turn Antonius, unwittingly giving evidence to Antonius who has been waiting the whole time.
                              Plinius is guilty.
                              Does that mean that they will face a trial?

-Senator Honorious

Comment

A summary:

People demands action.
                                Plinius is guilty.
                                Thank you, my Emperor. That is most helpful.
                                On first sight it looks like Plinius is the most suspect.
                                But in Sherlockus Holmus and Agatha Christus it is never the easy one.
                                I still suspect everybody.
                                Have some rowing to do so I can think.

Faustus the galley slave
                                3 bottles of champagne, 3 wenches and 20 miles on horseback; all in 3 hours!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X