Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triumph

Originally posted by salinator View Post
    Tigranakert has held! The enemy has fled and left behind 13,400 of their own dead at the Gates of Tigranakert.

Upstart Armenian King Volosges has been slained.
    Truly excellent news from the Parthian front!!
    I salute our brave legions and their commanders
    They have added a new page of glory that can be added to Roman history!

I propose to hold a victory parade through Rome to celebrate this major victory and to honour our soldiers.
    BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Falco's Death

General Falco has been arrested. He seems to be in a state of complete drunkardness. Even as he is led away, he imagines a different reality as he is shouting orders to units that do not exist, and blabbing about enemies that are not there.
      How very Hilterian...

He has been placed in chains to protect himself, yet he continues to lash out. He accuses his Roman protectors to be "Parthian Dogs". Even General Drusus suffered a vicious bite by Falco when he approached the demented General in an effort to calm him.
      I do hope that Drusus has been checked for rabies..., the mouth of Falco was like a Parthian sewer...

For reasons beyond normal comprehension, General Falco started to shout idiotic orders and seem to believe that he was in some kind of battle. All the men watched helplessly as Falco screamed and made his ususal stupid speeches.
      Insert another Hitler joke here...

In the midst of his rantings, Falco wetted himself. The foul stench so startled the horse and Falco was thrown!

Still Falco rambled on! Even while the poor equine so desperately sought to escape Falco's tinkle.........
      This horse is a true Roman Hero, and endured a terrible mission for the greater good of the People of Rome.

We gathered the traces, and as far as we know, that place where Falco is last, the grass do not not last, dung beetles flee, and birds do not fly as if they are free.
      A poetic eulogy for such a crude man..., you are to be commended, Caesar.

~Fat Antonius~
      "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Dispatch for the Senate

Reading a copy of Drusus report on the battle seems to me that he alone beat the enemy, no credit was given to his officers, Scipius or myself, i believe credit should be given where credit is due.
        Drusus and Myself both sent our legions to reinforce legio XX, which was taking the brunt of the attack, while legio IV and legio XXII restrengthened the front lines, Cavalry commander Scipius made a large detour around the Roman army in order to attack Charaspes in the flank. Of the 12.000 Armenian infantry engaged, about 10.200 eventually succumbed to the Roman onslaught. Of the 8.700 Armenian cavalry, the lives of 3.200 have been lost at the gates of Tigranakert.
        The Romans have lost 4.150 infantry, of which certainly the half due to the surprise-attack of Osroes and the main Armenian army prior to the battle. The Roman cavalry has done very well, losing only 360 during the offensive against the unprotected Armenian flank!
        In the end however, it is the appearance of Scipius and his cavalrymen, both Roman and Auxilia, that has turned the battle of Tigranakert in a decisive Roman victory.
        Although Charaspes has managed to escape the field of battle, King Volosges has succumbed. Leading the Armenian cavalry in a desperate attempt to turn the tide with the news of the arrival of the Roman cavalry, he was ironically cut down by a group of Persian cataphracts auxilia of legio IV.
        I sent a report to the Emperor, but this has been largely ignored, a Supreme commander should give praise were it is due and not for himself.
        If the Emperor wishes to arrest me for putting a right, that is fine by me.

General Paulus
        Last edited by Post Captain; 17 Nov 08, 12:01.
        Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

• General Paulus,

Per the Emperor's standing orders, I sent him a detailed report of the battle. I issued no statement ignoring you or General Scipius' contribution to the battle. I left it to the Emperor to issue a statement to the Senate and People of Rome regarding the victory at Tigranakert.

It was my hope that as Roman soldiers we would be able to hold ourselves above the ongoing political turmoil of the Senate. I find it regrettable that a Roman officer would issue a statement from the front purely for personal gain as you have done.

General Drusus
          Supreme Commander
          Army of the East
          Governor of Germania
          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• General Paulus,

Are you so vainglorious that you need a public pat on the back? Really,I don't suppose that if you had been the Supreme Commander that you would have not mentioned anyone else? I must wonder about your ability to command,if you go behind your commander's back just so you could get some kudos.

Marcus Tarquinus
            If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• General Paulus

General Drusus was leading this campaign from the beginning, he chose to take the responsibility, which ever way the outcome of the battles folded before us... from which you agreed to allow before the long march towards Armenia progressed.

Will we see you in this same light if the Gods did not favour Rome and her Generals in battle?
              "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
              Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• Originally posted by salinator View Post
                Agent XXXXXXXXX:

Date: XXXXXXXXXXXX
                Place: Somewhere in XXXXXXXXXX

General Falco has been arrested. He seems to be in a state of complete drunkardness. Even as he is led away, he imagines a different reality as he is shouting orders to units that do not exist, and blabbing about enemies that are not there.

He has been placed in chains to protect himself, yet he continues to lash out. He accuses his Roman protectors to be "Parthian Dogs". Even General Drusus suffered a vicious bite by Falco when he approached the demented General in an effort to calm him.

General Falco is abound in chains, set upon a horse and is enroute to Rome for his trial.

For reasons beyond normal comprehension, General Falco started to shout idiotic orders and seem to believe that he was in some kind of battle. All the men watched helplessly as Falco screamed and made his ususal stupid speeches.

In the midst of his rantings, Falco wetted himself. The foul stench so startled the horse and Falco was thrown!

Still Falco rambled on! Even while the poor equine so desperately sought to escape Falco's tinkle.........

So the horse raced on, draggiing Falco behind, with Falco still chained and dragged.

Such a strong stallion. He galloped through thorns. He cantered over rocks. He lept over cactuses. He forged creeks, streams, and mighty rivers.

In the end, when this great stallion finally stood firm, we found at the end of the chain..........

......almost nothing. Small bits and pieces that the vultures ignored, and even carrions rejected.

We gathered the traces, and as far as we know, that place where Falco is last, the grass do not not last, dung beetles flee, and birds do not fly as if they are free.

File X. 1b.2b.
                Are you talking about Falco the younger,

Well, he was a brilliant commander,

but the things he saw and did messed with his mind. (what would be called PTSD)

Sometimes when some thing or someone drew blood or otherwise hurt him he would go berserk, and other times, when he thought about when his family was tortured and murder when he was a child, he would start shaking and sobbing and crying out there names. Also did the same thing when someone mentioned his wife as his villa was attacked by barbarians and his wife was bound, raped, tortured, and killed and he was forced to watch.

After that my son became partially more sociopathic and sadistic, especially towards the enemies of Rome.

He also became extremely paranoid, as he thought that there were enemies around every corner and he had his spartha with him at all times.

He drank because it helped with the panic attack things. See, thats why he was always drunk when there wasn't any action but was always sober and alert and sharp when he was on the front as he didn't think about his wife and family.

My son was an troubled man. When he went to war he came back, but his soul didn't, may the gods rest it

May you finally find peace
                Odar Maximus Falco
                39-82 A.D.

Falco Tiberius

Comment

• Originally posted by Post Captain View Post
                  Reading a copy of Drusus report on the battle seems to me that he alone beat the enemy, no credit was given to his officers, Scipius or myself, i believe credit should be given where credit is due.
                  Drusus and Myself both sent our legions to reinforce legio XX, which was taking the brunt of the attack, while legio IV and legio XXII restrengthened the front lines, Cavalry commander Scipius made a large detour around the Roman army in order to attack Charaspes in the flank. Of the 12.000 Armenian infantry engaged, about 10.200 eventually succumbed to the Roman onslaught. Of the 8.700 Armenian cavalry, the lives of 3.200 have been lost at the gates of Tigranakert.
                  The Romans have lost 4.150 infantry, of which certainly the half due to the surprise-attack of Osroes and the main Armenian army prior to the battle. The Roman cavalry has done very well, losing only 360 during the offensive against the unprotected Armenian flank!
                  In the end however, it is the appearance of Scipius and his cavalrymen, both Roman and Auxilia, that has turned the battle of Tigranakert in a decisive Roman victory.
                  Although Charaspes has managed to escape the field of battle, King Volosges has succumbed. Leading the Armenian cavalry in a desperate attempt to turn the tide with the news of the arrival of the Roman cavalry, he was ironically cut down by a group of Persian cataphracts auxilia of legio IV.
                  I sent a report to the Emperor, but this has been largely ignored, a Supreme commander should give praise were it is due and not for himself.
                  If the Emperor wishes to arrest me for putting a right, that is fine by me.

General Paulus

Well done Scipius. Brilliant move. Now, of the armenian Calvary that escaped were they light Calvary or the heavies. Also, I am very interested to know how you deployed your light Calvary.

And a word to advice to Drusus, I say hunt down those 4,000 escaped armenian cavalrymen, as they can make life real difficult if they choose to go all hit-and-run gruilla warfare stuff. Specially for getting supplies in.

Believe me, I have been on the giving and receiving end of that kind of warfare and its not fun to be on the recing end especially if you have alot of heavy infantry like you got as stuff breaks and you gotta send for something from the winter quarters or men start to straggle and get cut down by the gruilla Calvary.

Falco Tiberius

Comment

• General Paulus,

The Emperor had promised the Senators and Citizens of Rome to report on the progress of the war as soon as it was no longer a factor in the security of our troops. All your reports must go through the proper channels and chain of command. Releasing our casualty count and the performance of each commander and Legion is feeding our enemy. For that reason, my report lacked mention short of your liking. Please adhere to proper Roman Military Protocol as to avoid jeopardizing the lives of our brave men.

As customary, the Emperor has given credit to the commanding officer and all the soldiers of Rome. Are you not a soldier of Rome? Did the Emperor not hail you recently? Did that not inspire others to hail Paulus, General and Governor of Syria, Soldier of Rome?

As the initial reports trickled in, the Emperor felt confident to declare Roman Victory. The Emperor then immediately went to the Temple to mourn and pray for the 4510 soldiers of Rome that fell. The true Heros of Rome are those 4510 whose names are still unknown to the Emperor and the citizens of Rome.

As proud as the Emperor is of Scipius, his brother needs no acknowledgement. The Emperor's heart hung in balance during the battle, and as great and glorius the achievement of Scipius, his emergence from the battle unscathed were prayers answered for the Emperor. As a youth, the Emperor was the first to teach a toddler Scipius to wield a Gladius.

As the reports trickle in, it is obvious that General Paulus defined in battle the true spirit of a General of Rome. Rome stands proud to have have a general the statue of Paulus. The Empire is abeamed. But what of the 1510? All hail the soldiers of Rome!

All that matter is that Rome prevails.
                    All that matter is that Rome honors it's dead, and demand their glory.
                    All that matter is that Rome fulfills it's obligations to an ally.
                    All that matter is the well being of the citizens and soldiers of Rome, along with that of her allies.
                    All that matter is Roman Victory.
                    All else, the Emperor leaves to the politicians.
                    Last edited by Salinator; 18 Nov 08, 01:49.
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Hello all, sorry about my recent absence I just moved and didn't get the cable guy over till today.
                      sorry again
                      -Ryan.
                      Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                      I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• You missed no murders or executions --

there was no mayhem or insurrection -

no rioting in the streets --

no raping and pillaging -

no plundering and molesting

It's been pretty dull around here

Well -- there was the minor matter of a small victory out east somewhere - but I know no details of such inconsequential goings-on.

Franzius The Executioner
                        I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• The circle is now complete........

The Emperor can now tell you all that Flavian was a double spy for the Empire. The Parthian Dogs found out and tried to killed him. Thank Apollo that that Flavian is blessed.

But they did not know that the Emperor had a second agent:

The Parthians have fallen for your trap, Caesar. I recieved this mesage, via my spy network, and it exposes everything. Now is the time to act!

Quote:

Senator Antonius,

The word has reached me that entire Rome is aware that senator Flavian has managed to escape the daggers of my assassins! Now I assume that a hunt will be organized to try and arrest me...Of course this is an akward situation for BOTH of us. Yes, for you too.

For me, because I -as well as the other Parthian agents in Rome- have to fear for our lives and must continue our operations with much caution. But also, and worst of all, I will not be able to have my revenge on senator Plinius, who had agreed to cooperate with me but who ultimately double-crossed me because he wanted double pay!

For you personally it would be akward if I was arrested and forced to confess who received bribes from me. Until now, your reputation in Rome is unblemished and thus, for political reasons, I believe you wish that it would remain so. Look what has happened to senator Honorius, who has also received wealth from me and, even worse, look at senator Plinius who has tooked numerious gifts and became a servant of Parthia without even the same promises that I offered completely !

I wonder how you would fare????
                          Let me cut a deal with you senator. If you refrain the Praetorian Guard from arresting me AND if you I pledge to quench my thirst for revenge by getting rid of senator Flavian, I will refrain from sending a copy of this dispatch to various senators of Rome !!!!

Remember Honorius and Plinius will be dead, so shall you be also if you do not take this deal. Think carefully! See how quickly and easily Titus died when he attempted to alert the Emperor of his discovery of Plinius. You WILL not last a second!

Please consider this offer and be swift, for my patience with you treacherous Roman senators is running very thin !!!! And don't try to double-cross me like your fellow colleague, for this time I will personally thrust a dagger into your throat! Look how long it took us to take care to Titus!

Do not underestimate the Parthian resilience...

Orontes Zig
                          Last edited by Salinator; 18 Nov 08, 01:12.
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Originally posted by Legate View Post
                            General Paulus,

Are you so vainglorious that you need a public pat on the back? Really,I don't suppose that if you had been the Supreme Commander that you would have not mentioned anyone else? I must wonder about your ability to command,if you go behind your commander's back just so you could get some kudos.

Marcus Tarquinus

Marcus Tarqunius
                            You note in my dispatch i did not pat myself on the back, but the well deserving Scipius, who in he's actions decided the battle, where in my report have i mentioned Paulus several times? i just said we were there as well. As to my ability to command, i am retiring to private life as of now, i am done with mealy mouth Senators that just stab in the back, as they have done with Plinius. Ever since this war started i have had to be passed over, so now i leave the war in the capable hands of Drusus.

Paulus (retired)
                            Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

• Mickey, please stay,... if it helps I'll go instead!
                              "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                              Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• Parthian spies in Rome????

The news runs as a fireblaze through the capital city...
                                The people are afraid, the mobs are arming themselves, after all...they could be anywhere !!!!

They could be poisoning the watersupply, causing dissent among the Roman politicians, the instigators of the criminality in the suburbs, breaking down the grain supplies to Rome...

Greets,
                                FATE
                                Last edited by Stratego; 18 Nov 08, 05:43.
                                Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X