SPQR Gameturn 5 !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senators and Citizens of Rome,

On the 15th of May, Our Legions were ambushed outside of Tigranakert by the treacherous Armenian Rebel Army. Their cavalry had attempted to sneak into General Drusus' camp during the night in an effort to assassinate him before the main Armenian Rebel Army ambush. Though wounded, General Drusus rallied his men and successfully repelled the camp attackers. The Main Armenia Rebel Army then came pouring out of nowhere and fell upon Legios XX and IV. Seeing that collapse was imminent, General Drusus himself bleeding badly and being extremely tired from hand to hand combat while defending his camp rallied his Legio XXII and personally led the charge to plug the hole of betweem Legio XX and Legio IV. Our brave soldiers upon seeing their beloved General Drusus leading the battle even while trailing his own blood were so inspired that the cry of "Drusus! Roma Victa!" was shouted by all in one thunderous voice and the tide was immediately turned against our treacherous enemy!

Tigranakert has held! The enemy has fled and left behind 13,400 of their own dead at the Gates of Tigranakert.

Upstart Armenian King Volosges has been slained.

ROMA VICTA!!!!!!!!!!

All Hail the Soldiers of Rome!
    All Hail General Drusus!

SALUT! SALUT! SALUT!
    Last edited by Salinator; 16 Nov 08, 20:09.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• ALL HAIL OUR BRAVE LEGIONAIRES!
      ALL HAIL GENERAL DRUSUS!

ROMA VICTA!
      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• General Drusus has been victorious!

ROMA VICTA!!!!!
        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
        Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• Hail General Drusus!

The People of Rome have faith that General Drusus will destroy our enemies!

I am overjoyed at this news, and suggest a festival to celebrate this Victory.

I think a games and a feast are in order to thank the People for their confidence, and to praise Drusus for his skill and tenacity.

~Fat Antonius~
          Last edited by Paul Mann III; 16 Nov 08, 20:44.
          "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Hail General Drusus!
            Hail the Courageous Legionarres of Rome!
            Roma Victa!

I agree with Senator Antonious! Feast and Games are in order!
            I propose that any who want to take part in the massive celebrations that will most likely take place, please put the expenditures of a Feast and Gladiator Games on their Worksheets.

ONCE MORE FOR GENERAL DRUSUS AND THE BRAVE LEGIONARRES OF ROME!!!

Hail General Drusus!
            Hail the Courageous Legionarres of Rome!
            Roma Victa!

-Senator Honorious

Comment

• The gaiety and celebration in the air of Rome do not portend favorably for the prospects of an execution or two.

Perhaps now would be a good time to slip away into the obscurity afforded by the hinterlands to the north and east - to await better times.

Franzius The Executioner

Our Emergency Plan : If you can't stand the heat in the Kitchen - Run for the Hills !
              I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Legatus Drusas, you are a true Roman and Legatus. You are a true warrior. I offer you a position as an honorary war chief of the tribe of Caledonia. Men like you is why Rome is great

DRUSAS ETERNUS

ROMA ETERNUS

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
                  The gaiety and celebration in the air of Rome do not portend favorably for the prospects of an execution or two.

Perhaps now would be a good time to slip away into the obscurity afforded by the hinterlands to the north and east - to await better times.

Franzius The Executioner

Our Emergency Plan : If you can't stand the heat in the Kitchen - Run for the Hills !
                  Franzius,
                  Never fear my barbarian friend,we have not forgotten Plinius's treason. There may be work for you yet. Here have an Ale on me.
                  If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• My son, Falco the younger, trained most of the officers in that Armenian army. I will make them pay for insulting Rome and the House of Falco, Personally.......

In one month I shall ride for Armenia.

The call goes out to the retainers and able bodied members of the House of Falco, warriors with a horse in the tribe of the Caldonnes, and any Veteranii that served under Falco that wants avenge this insult to there former commander.

We shall assemble outside of Ostia

Franzius, your ax may be of use to me, can you join this expedition

Now, Imperator, I ask you to give me your blessing on this mission, as you need the tratiors taken care of and I need to restore my families honor.

Falco Tiberius

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace_General View Post
                      My son, Falco the younger, trained most of the officers in that Armenian army. I will make them pay for insulting Rome and the House of Falco, Personally.......

In one month I shall ride for Armenia.

The call goes out to the retainers and able bodied members of the House of Falco, warriors with a horse in the tribe of the Caldonnes, and any Veteranii that served under Falco that wants avenge this insult to there former commander.

We shall assemble outside of Ostia

Franzius, your ax may be of use to me, can you join this expedition

Now, Imperator, I ask you to give me your blessing on this mission, as you need the tratiors taken care of and I need to restore my families honor.

Falco Tiberius
                      Another suicidal mission that could end in a glorious last stand? I don't think Franz the executioner will be able to join you; He has an "appointment" with Senator Plinus from what I have heard...
                      By the way, Franz, do you sell any weapons?

-Senator Honorious

Comment

• Originally posted by Conlin View Post
                        Another suicidal mission that could end in a glorious last stand? I don't think Franz the executioner will be able to join you; He has an "appointment" with Senator Plinus from what I have heard...

-Senator Honorious
                        Chasing down rebels in Roman held or contested territory is not suicidal if you know what your doing, and Falco the younger died on purpose, if he wanted to he would still be alive and well know and would of killed the leaders of the armenian army before they rebelled.

You just gotta move fast and in small numbers, look unimportant, and use the element of surprise to its fullest.

On the frontier the barbarians called me the gray ghost.

You must remember that I am even more skilled as Falco the younger is as I had a decade and a half more experience at it and taught him the basics of a "Falco's Hero's" mission.

Tiberius Falco

Comment

• Originally posted by Conlin View Post

-Senator Honorious
                          Don't settle for that overweight germanian's junk.

Buy your weapons from the Falco arms Corp.

We got a big Weapons foundry up in N. Britannia. How do you think we get all our money from.

How many and what kind of weapons are you looking for.

We make the finest blades in the empire as we have both roman steel and the renowned celtic smiths.

Every blade is tested on a rebel, criminal, or Icenii
                          Last edited by Ace_General; 16 Nov 08, 23:50.

Comment

• Delusional Thinking?

Originally posted by Ace_General View Post

Falco the younger died on purpose, if he wanted to he would still be alive
                            Are you crazy? Died on purpose? Would still be alive?

You're nuts on both counts, son...

Falco killed himself because he didn't want someone like Franzius to chop his f*cking head off..., be realistic...
                            "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• no, Falco died because he didn't want to suffer through a trial

He had a mobile, light Calvary force near the time of his death, and could of slipped away at several occasions, but purposely decided to put himself in a tacitly untenable position so he would die in a way that would take the most enemies down with him

Say what you will about his governaorial skills, but my son was an extremely competent Calvary commander and knew that he could withdraw at almost any time but choose to stay.

Falco Tiberius

Comment

• Romeland Security releases info on Falco death

Agent XXXXXXXXX:

Date: XXXXXXXXXXXX
                                Place: Somewhere in XXXXXXXXXX

General Falco has been arrested. He seems to be in a state of complete drunkardness. Even as he is led away, he imagines a different reality as he is shouting orders to units that do not exist, and blabbing about enemies that are not there.

He has been placed in chains to protect himself, yet he continues to lash out. He accuses his Roman protectors to be "Parthian Dogs". Even General Drusus suffered a vicious bite by Falco when he approached the demented General in an effort to calm him.

General Falco is abound in chains, set upon a horse and is enroute to Rome for his trial.

For reasons beyond normal comprehension, General Falco started to shout idiotic orders and seem to believe that he was in some kind of battle. All the men watched helplessly as Falco screamed and made his usual stupid speeches.

In the midst of his rantings, Falco wetted himself. The foul stench so startled the horse and Falco was thrown!

Still Falco rambled on! Even while the poor equine so desperately sought to escape Falco's tinkle.........

So the horse raced on, dragging Falco behind, with Falco still chained and shackled.

Such a strong stallion. He galloped through sharp thorns. He cantered over jagged rocks. He lept over large and thick cactuses. He forged creeks, streams, and mighty rivers.

In the end, when this great stallion finally stood firm, we found at the end of the chain..........

......almost nothing. Small bits and pieces that the vultures ignored, and even carrions rejected.

We gathered the traces, and as far as we know, that place where Falco is last, flowers no longer grow, the grass do not not last, dung beetles flee, and birds do not fly as if they are free.

File X. 1b.2b.
                                Last edited by Salinator; 17 Nov 08, 19:56.
                                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X