SPQR Gameturn 5 !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by salinator View Post
    At the suggestion of Captainsennef -aka- Senator Plinius (yes the we are friends in real life ), the players would like to thank Stratego -aka- FATE for all the work and effort he has put forth in this SPQR game, besides for his usual selfless attention he has given in the Napoleonic Forum.

Ditto for me! Great game EVERYONE!
    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
    _________
    BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
      Ditto for me! Great game EVERYONE!

Agreed -- but when do I get to EXECUTE someone LOL
      I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by captainsennef View Post
        WHILE THE WORLD SEETHED IN TURMOIL AROUND HIM, PLINIUS IN THE EYE OF THE STORM WORKED ON HIS POETRY,
        DISPLAYING THAT TYPICAL CALM THAT WON HIM HIS FIRST HONORS AS A YOUNG TRIBUNE FIGHTING THE FRISII IN GERMANIA INFERIOR 40 YEARS AGO
        AND THAT CONTINUED TO STAND HIM TO SUCH GOOD USE DURING A LIFETIME DEDICATED TO SERVING ROME.

IT WAS HIS SUPREME CONFIDENCE THAT, EVEN IF HIS FELLOW ROMANS WOULD NOT SEE IN TIME THAT SUCH A MAN
        WILL NOT AT THE END OF HIS LIFE BECOME A TRAITOR, HISTORY WILL EVENTUALLY ACQUIT HIM.
        THIS PATRICIAN COOL AND GRACE UNDER STRESS MADE PLINIUS THE BYWORD FOR PERFECT COMPOSURE AND CALM.

IT WAS DURING THIS PERIOD IN PRISON THAT HIS POETIC SKILLS CAME TO THE SAME LEVEL AS HIS RHETORICS,
        WHEN HE HE COMPOSED HIS MOST FAMOUS POEM MOST COMMONLY TRANSLATED FROM LATIN AS 'IF'.
        'IF' WAS ALEGEDLY DEDICATED TO TORIENUS, WHO IN THE PERIOD THAT PLINIUS WAS IN PRISON
        DISPLAYED HIS COURAGE BY SPEAKING OUT ALMOST ALONE FOR CIVIL LIBERTY, WHICH SO DESERVEDLY WOULD EARN TORIENUS HIS SENATORIAL PURPLE.

"If you can keep your head when all about you
        Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
        If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
        But make allowance for their doubting too,"
        Originally posted by Commodore_1812 View Post

Once again we see plain the motive for the murder of Senator Titus. Death to Plinius! May his death be slow and painful! I wait for the day where his bloated corpse is cast into the Tiber River in disgrace!

~Marcus Quintus Glabrio~
        Marcus Quintus Glabrio,

It seems that the finer points of poetry are wasted on you! When a man can open his heart unto the world and bare his soul for such examination as this poet has done; truly, on that day, he earns the title Citizen of Roma.

And all you can do is spit in his face! For shame! For shame! Plinius doesn't deserve to have his status lowered by sharing the very air of Rome with the likes of you.

You come to Rome, admittedly blinded by grief, spewing accusation and thinly veiled innuendo about the death of your kinsman. We Citizens of Rome have allowed you your mourning and understood your actions to be those of a man possessed by inner demons of loss and betrayal. But, you go too far. Weeks have passed and yet you still fling your accusations upon any and all who stand still long enough to hear.

Well, enough. ENOUGH I SAY!
        Provide evidence that I or any other murdered Senator Titus, or GO AWAY!

And as I know that I have not hurt any man, I prefer that you go away soon!
        History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
        _________
        BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratego View Post
          Dear players,

Due to the lively discussions all around here concerning the trial of Honorius and Plinius, the end of gameturn 5C has been extended for another 24 hours !!!!

Greets,
          FATE
          [/CENTER]
          WAIT GENERALS !
          I STILL HAVE SOME STUFF TO DO BEFORE WE CONTINUE!!!
          GAMETURN 5C WILL BE EXTENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE !!!

Greets,
          FATE
          Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• 20th of may 82 A.D.

Gameturn 5D has now officially started !!!!

Now the fourth and final movements of the Roman-Parthian campaign will have to be made for gameturn 5...

I will now move the Parthian army accordingly.

I will need the Roman movements on my desk by wednesday and no, BUTS or IF'S !!!

It will end at noon on wednesday the 19th of november L.A. time, 8 PM London time and 9 PM Brussels time !!!!

Greets,
            FATE
            Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• Emperor, Senate, and People of Rome

A great victory has been won against the enemy near Tigranakert!!!!

Details will follow but the enemy slain numbers in the thousands!!!!!!

General Drusus
              Supreme Commander
              Roman Arny of the East
              Governor of Germania
              "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Excellent news Legatus Drusus! The Gods are with us!
                Torienus
                _________
                BoRG

Comment

• Glory to the gods!
                  "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                  "

Comment

• Emperor, fellow senators, and citizens, although I am very pleased to hear that our enemy is crumbling before us, I have to say that I have been ambushed by two assassins. It seems that will of Gods helped me escape this grave danger. I have my reasons to believe that these assassins were Parthian agents. Therefore I would like to call an investigation to find these assassins and secure the lives of other senators and citizens of Rome.

Senator Flavian
                    "All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers ... Each one owes infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he was born." - Francois Fenelon

Comment

• HMMM. Hope this has got nothing to do with the trial of Plinius and Honorius.

But I bet that attempting an assassination would be the last thing anyone on trial who would want to prove his innocence would try to do.
                      "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Comment

• Those were sent by Parthians, I am positive.
                        "All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers ... Each one owes infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he was born." - Francois Fenelon

Comment

• This may indeed be the perfect time to strike...

Originally posted by TankBrigade View Post

But I bet that attempting an assassination would be the last thing anyone on trial who would want to prove his innocence would try to do.
                          I disagree.

Many of Rome's criminal figureheads have assassinated key witnesses/experts while under trial. In fact, in the criminal world, this is standard operating procedure to prevent testimony.

Perhaps Senator Flavian knows something more than he should of Plinius and Honorius...?

~Senator Antonius "Fat Tony" Soprano~
                          "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                            I disagree.

Many of Rome's criminal figureheads have assassinated key witnesses/experts while under trial. In fact, in the criminal world, this is standard operating procedure to prevent testimony.

Perhaps Senator Flavian knows something more than he should of Plinius and Honorius...?

~Senator Antonius "Fat Tony" Soprano~

Senator Flavian,

Did you vote against Senator Plinius in the recent trial? This may be an attempt at revenge too.
                            If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• No I didn't. I don't think that they are guilty and they have no reason to kill me. On the other hand I think that I know who ordered the assassination, but I don't want to haste with conclusions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Legate View Post

Senator Flavian,

Did you vote against Senator Plinius in the recent trial? This may be an attempt at revenge too.
                                I voted against him. I'm sure some of the other Senators and Generals voted against him, but why Senator Flavian?

-Senator Honorious

EDIT: Maybe someone else ordered the assasination...
                                Last edited by Conlin; 16 Nov 08, 17:48.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X