Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another visit from a certain someone...

Great senator of Rome,

It seems that your Emperor is bringing his troops in readiness to attack my master in Parthia !
    Perhaps we could work together to make a fast conclusion to this bloody event...
    I hope you are aware that this conflict will cost YOUR nation much wealth and alot of innocent ROMAN blood. If you love your country and your people, I would like to advise you to that it is best to end this war as soon as possible.
    Therefore, my master is willing to offer you 5 wealth every gameturn if you would like to cooperate with us. We ask of you to use your influence to

-refrain the Roman armies from invading Parthia
    -to oppose the war and movements of your armies as much as possible
    -to give us inside information on the strategy, feeling and ideas in Rome from the different players...

AND

-to force Rome to conclude a peace with Parthia as soon as possible...

Please inform me of your decision on my offer A.S.A.P.! You will not regret it!

Your generous ally for the good of all mankind,
    Orontes Zig
    The Son of a W is lucky he left before my guards didn't remove his head.

-Senator Honorious

Comment

some senatorial mores

Originally posted by Commodore_1812 View Post
      I, Titus Macedonius, strongly urge ...
      I, Titus Macedonius, do also pledge...
      "Mr. Speaker,

while I appreciate that the right honorable gentleman has just delivered his maiden speech, I like to point out that we all know who the right honourable gentleman is, so there is no need to start every sentence introducing himself."

Plinius,
      Roman Senator
      BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

I'M BACK!!!

This is why I'm a politician. I'm not well trained like our generals. I am merely a supporter of the campaign no matter what it is. I'll leave these decisions for those who are taught for war.
        "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Comment

Rome and her Legions thanks Senators Verus, Honorius, Flavian, and Antonious for their patriotic wealth donations towards the war effort. It was badly needed after the great fire and the rebellion in Moesia.

However, the war will be fought by Generals and not politicians. The Generals are in conference and shall report to the Emperor when they have formulated a war plan. The Senate will be informed of their plans after it is implemented so as not to give an advantage to any of our enemy's spies. The Senate and all of Rome shall give our troops all the support they may require.

The Emperor has requested General Drusus to take command, and has also requested General Paulus for his wise input and suggestions. Praefectus Rubinus who held Legio VII together has been promoted to Legatus and has been given command of that Legion, as well as the Governorship of Moesia.

Romans, we are in midst of dangerous times. Pray to your Gods and present them with offerings to smile upon Rome, her people and her soldiers. Ask your Gods to deliver our friends and allies to us. As your Gods to send their wrath to the barbarians of Parthia!

ROMA VICTA!!!!!
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

The People of Rome support General Drusus

General Drusus has demonstrated his great skill and leadership on many occasions.

He quickly and successfully foiled the Moesia rebellion, which General Falco failed so terribly to manage. Drusus managed to return peace to Moesia with minimal bloodshed to its inhabitants and with very little loss of life for Roman soldiers. General Drusus effectively captured the ringleaders and brought them to the People of Rome for justice to be served.

I understand he also managed to arrest the cowardly Falco in flight, while at the same time governing Moesia and Germania. He has already begun to rebuild Moesia, including new roads, so that the Empire can once again benefit from trade throughout Moesia.

General Paulus is wise and his statesmanship is unquestioned, but General Drusus has proven himself. The Emperor is wise and himself one of the greatest generals Rome has seen and I will support his decision.

~Senator Antonius "Monster Kody" Soprano~
            Last edited by Paul Mann III; 01 Nov 08, 00:15.
            "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

I suggest you begin drafting volonteer citizens for training and form one citizen leginos as they were in republican times
              There are always people that want ho go to the wae for thein country
              and this legion would prove useful as it could maintain supply lines
              and be a tactical reseve to be called on if need be

and will armies be able to advance trought ally positions to square behind them?
              in this advance ther sholudn't produce any loses as they are just exending the existing suplly lines
              and since you mentioned supllied you could include number of transport animals and wagons following the army and amount they are spending and are suplly lines satisfying tne needs are they hauling in more than is needed of there is shortage of suplly
              and there should be info on seige equpment or engineers with materials to build them
              and could senators send spies to uncover some game squares
              TOTAL WAR! RULES!(the game)

History repeats itself!

Comment

Romans,

The Julian Party applauds the Emperor's selection of General Drusus as commander against the Parthians. We have no doubts as to General Paulus's ability,but considering the vast amount of territory in the war theater,it is clear we will need the services of more than one General.

Marcus Tarquinus
                If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Little deatail

Be aware players, that General Drusus is currently Rome (he was bringing Falco to trial, before he committed suicide or whatever)...
                  Its 3200 km to get from Rome to the Eastern front !!!! So he won't be able to make it to the front until game turn 6.
                  Let me remind that legio "Rapax" moved from Germania to Moesia, crushed a rebellion and then made its way to Rome in only one gameturn...
                  Therefore they cannot move to the Eastern front in all haste...they are a little tired of martching. Some complain about blisters on their feet

Or must we scrape this entire episode concerning the imprisonment of Falco?

Greets,
                  FATE
                  Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                    Be aware players, that General Drusus is currently Rome (he was bringing Falco to trial, before he committed suicide or whatever)...
                    Its 3200 km to get from Rome to the Eastern front !!!! So he won't be able to make it to the front until game turn 6.
                    Let me remind that legio "Rapax" moved from Germania to Moesia, crushed a rebellion and then made its way to Rome in only one gameturn...
                    Therefore they cannot move to the Eastern front in all haste...they are a little tired of martching. Some complain about blisters on their feet

Or must we scrape this entire episode concerning the imprisonment of Falco?

Greets,
                    FATE
                    Drusus and Rapax never left Moesia because Falco killed himself before the transfer.
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

...Then I will be forced to alter the legion placement on our basic SPQR thread !

As you will have noticed I've added the specific strengths of the legions in the areas close to the threatre of war...

Greets,
                      FATE
                      Last edited by Stratego; 01 Nov 08, 04:40.
                      Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

BORG

Comment

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                        ...Then I will be forced to alter the legion placement on our basic SPQR thread !

Greets,
                        FATE
                        Ok !!!!

BORG

Comment

Urgent dispatch for the Senate

Senators,

The latest reports from my patrols suggest that the enemy are moving along the Chaboras river (C6 + D6) between Nicephorium and Edessa. The population here, between the Euphrates and our province, don't seem particulary hostile although many prefer to avoid us, in fear of Parthian retaliation. Other locals and traders however confirm that they have seen a large number of Parthian troops, mostly infantry, arriving from the interior.
                          According to witnesses the number of Parthian forces gathered in this area range between the 10.000 and 20.000 troops...of course these estimates can barely be called accurate!
                          So we now wait upon the Senate and the arrival of the 'Supreme commander'.
                          If the enemy do come my way, does the Senate think i shall be able to hold them, or am i incapable.

General Paulus
                          Governor of Syria
                          Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Emperor, Senate, and People of Rome

I am honored to accept command in the war against the treacherous Parthians. I will set out immediately for the front with the brave Legionaries of Legion XXII and my Auxilia.

I also wish to express my utmost confidence in Governor Paulus and acknowledge the valuable service he continues to provide Rome.

Thanks and praise are also extended to the Great Senate and People of Rome who have donated wealth and manpower to the cause. I call on all true Romans to continue to contribute and sacrifice in the service of Rome!

Under the guidance of our glorious and wise Emperor Rome will prevail!

Hail Caesar!
                            Roma Victa!!

Legatus Drusus
                            Governor of Germania
                            Supreme Commander of Romes Eastern Armies
                            "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by MaCroto View Post
                              ...and could senators send spies to uncover some game squares
                              The Roman-Armenian borders are currently being sealed off by large numbers of Parthian cavalrypatrols, I don't think it will be possible to send spies that way...it would be suicide!
                              Sending spies into Parthian territory however, should be possible but can not always mean success...
                              Discovering squares in enemy territory is only possible with reconnaisance detachments!

Greets,
                              FATE

BORG

Comment

"Senators, Sire,

it is with great satisfaction that I observe that the planning phase of the Parthian War seems to proceed so well. My earlier concerns about our war efforts being constrained by our financial means seems to be taken care of by the generosity of our colleagues."

"There is however one point where my concern still stands: to ensure lasting domestic support for this war. I have asked for a Senatorial hearing of the generals in order to have the Senate fully involved and thus the popular support ensured.
                                The young emperor however, in an unprecedented move, seems to intend to bypass the Senate by letting the generals report directly to the emperor, who will inform the Senate in his own good time. The emperor justifies this move for which he has no authority by invoking fear of enemy spies."

RAISES HIS VOICE:

"Senators, this will simply not do!

Are Roman Senators content to let themselves, for the first time in the history of this city, be reduced to puppets?!! By Jove, We are the Senate of Rome!! Are we so excited by the prospect of a war that we allow to be suspend our sacred duties?!
                                Not only has the emperor, who was selected by this Senate, no authority to bypass the Senate in this way, although that alone should be enough to oppose this usurpation.

It also endangers the war effort by turning this war into a one-man show. As long as the war goes well there will not be a problem; but the moment the war gets tough, this burden should be carried collectively, by the Senate and the emperor and not by one man: the emperor alone!"

"Now I'm sure that the Emperor in his youthful enthusiasm has been motivated to suggest these measures with the best intentions for Rome. It is however the Senate's sacred duty to safeguard the interests of Rome to the best of our abilities. To allow the emperor to sidetrack the Senate for the only reason that there is a war going on is tantamount to walking away from our duties in days of peril for Rome.
                                Senate and Emperor together are responsible for this war!''

Plinius
                                Roman Senator
                                BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X