Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by salinator View Post
    Senators and citizens of Rome,

After a short detainment, General Paulus' loyalty has been validated by the Emperor himself. I can now tell you that the Army was looking into an information leak, and possible breakage of military protocol. General Paulus was treated with respect, and with his cooperation the Army is now satisfied with its internal security.

The Emperor has requested General Drusus to immediately return General Paulus to his command.

All hail Paulus, General and Governor of Syria, SOLDIER OF ROME!

Rome will fight it's enemies with all troops united under General Drusus.

ROMA VICTA!!!!!!!!!!!
    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• Hmmm -- sounds familiar
      I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Turn 5 is lookin' good...

Originally posted by salinator View Post
        Senators and citizens of Rome,

After a short detainment, General Paulus' loyalty has been validated by the Emperor himself. I can now tell you that the Army was looking into an information leak, and possible breakage of military protocol. General Paulus was treated with respect, and with his cooperation the Army is now satisfied with its internal security.

The Emperor has requested General Drusus to immediately return General Paulus to his command.

All hail Paulus, General and Governor of Syria, SOLDIER OF ROME!

Rome will fight it's enemies with all troops united under General Drusus.

ROMA VICTA!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by salinator View Post
        At the suggestion of Captainsennef -aka- Senator Plinius (yes the we are friends in real life ), the players would like to thank Stratego -aka- FATE for all the work and effort he has put forth in this SPQR game, besides for his usual selfless attention he has given in the Napoleonic Forum.

"This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Senate and People of Rome

I wish to inform you that General Paulus has been returned to the command of Legion IV with all Honor intact.

I look forward to putting this unfortunate incident behind us and working with General Paulus to defeat the true enemy of Rome, Parthia.

Hail General Paulus, a Roman of the Romans!

Hail Caesar!!

Roma Victa!!!

General Drusus
          Supreme Commander
          Roman Army of the East
          Governor of Germania
          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by salinator View Post
            At the suggestion of Captainsennef -aka- Senator Plinius (yes the we are friends in real life ), the players would like to thank Stratego -aka- FATE for all the work and effort he has put forth in this SPQR game, besides for his usual selfless attention he has given in the Napoleonic Forum.

Indeed! Well done Stratego!
            If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Originally posted by Legate View Post
              Indeed! Well done Stratego!
              What? Already compliments...but the fireworks havn't even started yet!

I from my side which to express the same:

Well done so far PLAYERS !

Simply for keeping this game exciting for me also. We're only halfway thru !!!!

And to those who have died already...I salute you for being such good sports!

Greets,
              FATE
              Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• Excerpt from History of Rome

WHILE THE WORLD SEETHED IN TURMOIL AROUND HIM, PLINIUS IN THE EYE OF THE STORM WORKED ON HIS POETRY,
                DISPLAYING THAT TYPICAL CALM THAT WON HIM HIS FIRST HONORS AS A YOUNG TRIBUNE FIGHTING THE FRISII IN GERMANIA INFERIOR 40 YEARS AGO
                AND THAT CONTINUED TO STAND HIM TO SUCH GOOD USE DURING A LIFETIME DEDICATED TO SERVING ROME.

IT WAS HIS SUPREME CONFIDENCE THAT, EVEN IF HIS FELLOW ROMANS WOULD NOT SEE IN TIME THAT SUCH A MAN
                WILL NOT AT THE END OF HIS LIFE BECOME A TRAITOR, HISTORY WILL EVENTUALLY ACQUIT HIM.
                THIS PATRICIAN COOL AND GRACE UNDER STRESS MADE PLINIUS THE BYWORD FOR PERFECT COMPOSURE AND CALM.

IT WAS DURING THIS PERIOD IN PRISON THAT HIS POETIC SKILLS CAME TO THE SAME LEVEL AS HIS RHETORICS,
                WHEN HE HE COMPOSED HIS MOST FAMOUS POEM MOST COMMONLY TRANSLATED FROM LATIN AS 'IF'.
                'IF' WAS ALEGEDLY DEDICATED TO TORIENUS, WHO IN THE PERIOD THAT PLINIUS WAS IN PRISON
                DISPLAYED HIS COURAGE BY SPEAKING OUT ALMOST ALONE FOR CIVIL LIBERTY, WHICH SO DESERVEDLY WOULD EARN TORIENUS HIS SENATORIAL PURPLE.

"If you can keep your head when all about you
                Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
                If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
                But make allowance for their doubting too,"
                Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 13 Nov 08, 14:57.
                BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Ahhh yes -- Words and more words -- all designed by the inconsiderate Senator of Rome to deprive a poor but honorable Executioner of his livelihood.

*sigh*

Franzius The Executioner

Our Mantra : Death by Decapitation -- the Elixir of Life

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by captainsennef View Post
                    WHILE THE WORLD SEETHED IN TURMOIL AROUND HIM, PLINIUS IN THE EYE OF THE STORM WORKED ON HIS POETRY,
                    DISPLAYING THAT TYPICAL CALM THAT WON HIM HIS FIRST HONORS AS A YOUNG TRIBUNE FIGHTING THE FRISII IN GERMANIA INFERIOR 40 YEARS AGO
                    AND THAT CONTINUED TO STAND HIM TO SUCH GOOD USE DURING A LIFETIME DEDICATED TO SERVING ROME.

IT WAS HIS SUPREME CONFIDENCE THAT, EVEN IF HIS FELLOW ROMANS WOULD NOT SEE IN TIME THAT SUCH A MAN
                    WILL NOT AT THE END OF HIS LIFE BECOME A TRAITOR, HISTORY WILL EVENTUALLY ACQUIT HIM.
                    THIS PATRICIAN COOL AND GRACE UNDER STRESS MADE PLINIUS THE BYWORD FOR PERFECT COMPOSURE AND CALM.

IT WAS DURING THIS PERIOD IN PRISON THAT HIS POETIC SKILLS CAME TO THE SAME LEVEL AS HIS RHETORICS,
                    WHEN HE HE COMPOSED HIS MOST FAMOUS POEM MOST COMMONLY TRANSLATED FROM LATIN AS 'IF'.
                    'IF' WAS ALEGEDLY DEDICATED TO TORIENUS, WHO IN THE PERIOD THAT PLINIUS WAS IN PRISON
                    DISPLAYED HIS COURAGE BY SPEAKING OUT ALMOST ALONE FOR CIVIL LIBERTY, WHICH SO DESERVEDLY WOULD EARN TORIENUS HIS SENATORIAL PURPLE.

"If you can keep your head when all about you
                    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
                    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
                    But make allowance for their doubting too,"

Once again we see plain the motive for the murder of Senator Titus. Death to Plinius! May his death be slow and painful! I wait for the day where his bloated corpse is cast into the Tiber River in disgrace!

~Marcus Quintus Glabrio~

Comment

• I, Franzius, have offered just such a solution ( Death to Plinius! May his death be slow and painful! )

There is only the matter of my rather insignificant deposit of Denarii 200 that remains unresolved

Franzius The Executioner

Our Promise to Clients: We will accept your deposit with grace and a smile !

BoRG

Comment

• I told you, you should be happy if we let you live, not to mention I even offered to pay you a fair 75 Denarii
                        Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                        I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Fair is like Beauty -- all in the eyes of the beholder - young General Pattonus.

While we haggle like Fish Mongers over a few of your Denarii -( soon to be mine ) two victims pine away their hours in the luxurious accommodations offered by your cells.

My accountant awaits your electronic transfer of funds - whereupon my work will immediately commence !!

Franzius The Executioner

We count the days (provided they number 10 or less - fingers only) till we may be of service !

BoRG

Comment

• So many death threats against the Senate..., I need more bodyguards to work here....

Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
                            I, Franzius, have offered just such a solution ( Death to Plinius! May his death be slow and painful! )

There is only the matter of my rather insignificant deposit of Denarii 200 that remains unresolved

Franzius The Executioner

Our Promise to Clients: We will accept your deposit with grace and a smile !
                            Franzius and other citizens...,

It would do you well to remember that Senator Plinius stands innocent until his guilt has been proven. No good will come from convicting him in the court of public opinion. Let us wait until the poll has closed, and the voting is complete, and then begin the propagandist rhetoric.

... And for the those who offer more than insults to Plinius, hear me now.

Threatening the life of any Roman Senator is a punishable crime.

~Fat Antonius~
                            "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• you know I have another executioner who is offering to do it for 50 denarii a head, but because I like you I will pay you 60 Denarii, deal?

(note: this is for a contract for the Roman jails)
                              -Gaius
                              Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                              I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Oh Good and Honored Senator Antonius -

For true Justice to prevail, three parts must work in concert - Judge, Jury and Executioner !!

The time honored Circle of Justice will only be completed when all three elements have taken part.

I, as Executioner, am the last and least of these.

Pay no heed to those that cast aspersions against me.

My purpose is only to conclude all financial arrangements prior to the arrival of the guilty to my domain -

Commerce is the life blood of Rome and can not be denied.

Franzius The Executioner

Warning: All collections will be handled by Dun and Bradstreet

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X