No announcement yet.

SPQR Gameturn 5 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far this trial is leaning towards the punishment of both senators. The question is what will there punishment be?

So far the charges seem to be minor. None of the senators have major associations with this Orontes Zig. Plinius has been accused of not reporting his visits and Honorius has only taken one bribe when it was not concerning the war. In my humble opinion, they would be offenses nowhere near enough for the penalty of death.
    "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Comment

• I say we send Honorious on his way with a slap on the wrist and a detachment of the guard to monitor his activites for a set amount of time.

However Senator Plinius is not only guiltyof not reporting his activites but guilty of attempting to incite a riot and attempting to incite a rebellion and his punishment should be harsher. In my eyes he should be monitored at all times by a detachment of the guard and suspended if not removed from the senate.

However I do agree that neither of them deserve death.
      Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
      I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• But wait -- I've already started searching for my Butter knife !!

Decapitation should be the punishment and I offer my services in that regard !

One by one -- slow and steady does it -- one small slice at a time - it's an all day job but I've cleared my calendar.

The screams will probably not be heard too far beyond the city walls so the livestock will not be nervous and the milk from cows will not be sour!

Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance -- I have Planned WELL !

Bring on the Guilty Parties and I will commence my duty promptly !

( as soon as my exorbitant fee is paid, that is )

signed:

Franzius the Executioner
        I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• when do we move out
          "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
          "

Comment

• well since this is such a high priority case you will need to fill out forms for security checks.
            Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me

Comment

• There's still the small matter of my fee that needs to be concluded

(small - being subject to interpretation, of course )

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• well, I suppose since you would be a temp employee for my Dept. I should handle this.

Here we go:
                -You get the pleasure and fun
                -you get cheered
                -I don't feed you to the lions
                -I let you live
                -And you get 75 Denarii.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
                  well, I suppose since you would be a temp employee for my Dept. I should handle this.

Here we go:
                  -You get the pleasure and fun
                  -you get cheered
                  -I don't feed you to the lions
                  -I let you live
                  -And you get 75 Denarii.
                  75? Too much. Skoblinus and his mob works for only one!
                  Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• ummm -- hmmm -- I couldn't possibly do the job for less than 100 Denarii -- operating expenses have increased - travel expenses are exorbitant these days -- and then there is the matter of wine for the evening to consider as well.

100 is a bargain for Rome -- I am a fool for offering my services for such a paltry sum -- perhaps I should reconsider -- but no -- an offer is an offer !!!

Are we agreed then ? 150 Denerii for the job -- payable half down and half upon completion ??

I will accept payment of 100 Denarii now and you may pay the balance of 100 Denarii when the job is done.

My travel, lodging and per diem Expenses will, of course, be invoiced separately as is customary

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Emperor Salinator
                      Senators and citizens of Rome,

General Paulus' loyalty has been validated by the Emperor himself.

The Emperor has requested General Drusus to immediately return General Paulus to his command.

All hail Paulus, General and Governor of Syria, SOLDIER OF ROME!

Rome will fight it's enemies with all troops united under General Drusus.

ROMA VICTA!!!!!!!!!!!
                      HAIL THE GREATER GLORY & HONOR OF ROME!!!

SCIPIUS
                      Commander of Cavalry
                      Legio IV, Legio XX

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by salinator View Post
                        75? Too much. Skoblinus and his mob works for only one!
                        Skoblinus -- that slacker -- what does he know about the art of execution ?? - He and his minions simply lay about sharpening swords -- I have exceptional tools for my trade -- a very dull knife to prolong the pleasure of the audience - techniques learned over many years to delay the demise of the reluctant participant in our ritual of exquisite decapitation.

I shudder to thing of the barbarity skoblinus would bring to this time honored craft.

Think of your loyal subject great leader and give them what they want - and at the same time give me what I want -- a mere 300 Denarii is a true bargain for your afternoons entertainment -- plus expenses, of course

Franzius the Executioner Please sign here _____________________

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
                          ummm -- hmmm -- I couldn't possibly do the job for less than 100 Denarii -- operating expenses have increased - travel expenses are exorbitant these days -- and then there is the matter of wine for the evening to consider as well.

100 is a bargain for Rome -- I am a fool for offering my services for such a paltry sum -- perhaps I should reconsider -- but no -- an offer is an offer !!!

Are we agreed then ? 150 Denerii for the job -- payable half down and half upon completion ??

I will accept payment of 100 Denarii now and you may pay the balance of 100 Denarii when the job is done.

My travel, lodging and per diem Expenses will, of course, be invoiced separately as is customary
                          Perhaps you are not a Frank, but a lost child of the Cleptos.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

• I've had to change allegiances -- the Franks are far too advanced for me -( by about 300 years)

I'm just a simple man - wandering the wilderness looking for a hearth and home away from the stresses of life

Franzius the Executioner at your service for a nominal fee of course
                            Last edited by Kaiser Franz; 12 Nov 08, 22:40.

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
                              I've had to change allegiances -- the Franks are far too advanced for me -( by about 300 years)

I'm just a simple man - wandering the wilderness looking for a hearth and home away from the stresses of life

Franzius the Executioner at your service for a nominal fee of course
                              Cleptos(Kleptos) was a nomadic people of Greco-Turkish origin. They would travel from village to village dazzling the locals with their strange costumes, music, and dancing. They impressed the villagers with fortune telling, and was invited into their homes and and often celebrations were thrown in their honor. Cleptos were know to make great promises and offers to do work. The villagers would awaken the next morning to find the Cleptos gone, along with all their valuables, and sometimes their children. As the Vandals are given credit for the word "vandalism" for indiscriminate random destruction and defacing of property, so are the Cleptos for "cleptoism", compulsive stealing. The Cleptos later were to be know as Gypsies.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

• Ahhh -- Valuable Information indeed

However, as you, the Exalted Emperor of Roma have no doubt surmised, being the extraordinarily clever Ruler that you are, I, Franzius, offer a very valuable service in exchange for my minuscule renumeration.

I am no Clepto Great Emperor -(though now that you've mentioned it, their life style has a certain appeal) - merely a public servant - tasked with performing the chores that lie beyond the capabilities of mere citizens of Roma - or any other similar squalid metropolis, for that matter.

I am Franzius - Franzius the Executioner - uniquely skilled in an arduous craft. I offer my services rarely and my clients are exclusive beyond the pale -- only Luminaries such as yourself are solicited.

For the paltry sum of 200 Denarii per head, literally speaking, I will provide your citizens with a topic of conversations for many months to come.

This offer comes to you on a - 'once in a life time exclusive - for the accused" - basis and will not be repeated for this victim. Truly a "one time" offer.

Call on me when the time is at hand .

Franzius the Executioner

and don't forget my nominal fee

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X