SPQR Gameturn 5 !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow, i guess i'll change it
    "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
    "

Comment

• any problems with Ajax
      "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
      "

Comment

• make it a Ajaxus and they'll love you --
        I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by ace View Post
          any problems with Ajax
          How about "Comet" bon ami?
          History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
          _________
          BoRG

Comment

• As in Donner und Blitzen - Comet und Vixen ??

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
              As in Donner und Blitzen - Comet und Vixen ??
              OK, last "off topic" post for me (here).

I was going for this:

I thought I was being funny...guess not.
              History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
              _________
              BoRG

Comment

• LOL -- You were being funny -- I, in my perpetual "fog' just looked at it from a different perspective

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
                  LOL -- You were being funny -- I, in my perpetual "fog' just looked at it from a different perspective
                  screw it I'm sticking with Alexander Hartus
                  "

Comment

• Senators,

The Emperor has an update concerning the war. General Drusus some time ago linked up with General Paulus in Edessa. With a force consisting of Legios III "Tertia Scythica", IV "Scythia", XIV "Fuminata", XX "Hercules", and XXII "Rapax", our forces met no opposition as they drove into the Armenia. Our forces linked up with a detachment of cavalry from the Armenian Rebel Army and is now is control of Tigranakert.

The Emperor will provide more details as they become more clear, but it seems like our Armenian brothers have suffered greatly at the hands of the Parthian barbarians.
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Originally posted by salinator View Post
                      Senators,

The Emperor has an update concerning the war. General Drusus some time ago linked up with General Paulus in Edessa. With a force consisting of Legios III "Tertia Scythica", IV "Scythia", XIV "Fuminata", XX "Hercules", and XXII "Rapax", our forces met no opposition as they drove into the Armenia. Our forces linked up with a detachment of cavalry from the Armenian Rebel Army and is now is control of Tigranakert.

The Emperor will provide more details as they become more clear, but it seems like our Armenian brothers have suffered greatly at the hands of the Parthian barbarians.
                      i offer myself and my sword to help
                      "

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                        I've received the movements of the Roman army for gameturn 5B !
                        They will be processed tonight...

15th of may 82 A.D.

Gameturn 5C has now officially started !!!!

Now the third movements of the Roman-Parthian campaign will have to be made...

I will now move the Parthian army accordingly.

I will need the Roman movements on my desk by thursday and no, BUTS or IF'S !!!

It will end at noon on thursday the 13th of november L.A. time, 8 PM London time and 9 PM Brussels time !!!!

Greets,
                        FATE
                        Dear players,

Due to the lively discussions all around here concerning the trial of Honorius and Plinius, the end of gameturn 5C has been extended for another 24 hours !!!!

Greets,
                        FATE
                        [/CENTER]
                        Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• Senators and citizens of Rome,

After a short detainment, General Paulus' loyalty has been validated by the Emperor himself. I can now tell you that the Army was looking into an information leak, and possible breakage of military protocol. General Paulus was treated with respect, and with his cooperation the Army is now satisfied with its internal security.

The Emperor has requested General Drusus to immediately return General Paulus to his command.

All hail Paulus, General and Governor of Syria, SOLDIER OF ROME!

Rome will fight it's enemies with all troops united under General Drusus.

ROMA VICTA!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by Salinator; 12 Nov 08, 22:21.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

• This is indeed good news, the war against the Parthians will end swiftly with the great Gerneral Paulus again leading his men.

Once again the Emperor's actions have been justified.
                            Last edited by Achtung Baby; 12 Nov 08, 19:05.
                            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                            Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                              Dear players,

Due to the lively discussions all around here concerning the trial of Honorius and Plinius, the end of gameturn 5C has been extended for another 24 hours !!!!

Greets,

FATE
                              At the suggestion of Captainsennef -aka- Senator Plinius (yes the we are friends in real life ), the players would like to thank Stratego -aka- FATE for all the work and effort he has put forth in this SPQR game, besides for his usual selfless attention he has given in the Napoleonic Forum.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by salinator View Post
                                At the suggestion of Captainsennef -aka- Senator Plinius (yes the we are friends in real life ), the players would like to thank Stratego -aka- FATE for all the work and effort he has put forth in this SPQR game, besides for his usual selfless attention he has given in the Napoleonic Forum.

Me too!
                                "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X