SPQR Gameturn 5 !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Achtung baby View Post
    You can become a citizen or any other character from that time period and bring good news, or dire warnings!
    Become an ally for Rome or spread lies to cause panic.

For now you can only vote, but opportunities do arise in the game... if the two senators on trial are found guilty then their seats might need to be replaced soon. So join in the game and you may find yourself one day sitting next to the Emperor, fighting for Rome, or against us!
    how do I set up a character?
    "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
    "

Comment

• Originally posted by ace View Post
      Just think of a name and character and go with the flow.

For example:

You can be Julius Maximus, the wine shop keeper who is angry about the Senate squabbles or is mad at Senator Plinius for challenging the authority of the Emperor.

Or you can a Parthian merchant who is being picked on by angry Romans boycotting your wine.

In other words, you can anyone you want. Just as long as you are in character with game timeline.

Get the idea?
      Last edited by Salinator; 11 Nov 08, 22:28.
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Originally posted by salinator View Post
        Just think of a name and character and go with the flow.

For example:

You can be Julius Maximus, the wine shop keeper who is angry about the Senate squabbles or is mad at Senator Plinius for challenging the authority of the Emperor.

Or you can a Parthian merchant who is being picked on by angry Romans boycotting your wine.

In other words, you can anyone you want. Just as long as you are in character with game timeline.

Get the idea?
        yep, i'll go as Alex Hartus a newcomer from Britannia looking to make a name for himself
        Last edited by Salinator; 11 Nov 08, 22:29.
        "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
        "

Comment

Just a hint -- pick a character that is appropriate for the time period - 80 - 85 AD -- Mine was the Franks --They're not in the area till 430 Ad or there abouts -- we were slightly ahead of our time and had to go back home

We're now sitting idly in our hovels on the banks of the Danube - watching the sun dial move ever so slowly - day after day - just waiting for our chance to pounce - if we don't grow to old in the process
          I like Dogs far better than most People

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG

Comment

yep, i'll go as Alex Hartus a newcomer from Britannia looking to make a name for himself
            Sounds good but "Alex" don't sound Roman.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Sounds good but "Alex" don't sound Roman.
              maybe Falco sound better, Perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace_General View Post
                maybe Falco sound better, Perhaps?
                Falco sounds good, I'll go with that
                "

Comment

• Believe me you don't want Falco. Read the turn 4 thread.
                  "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!
                    "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

NO!

NO!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

• Well if you choose Falco, be sure to add 'Lazarus' as the middle name....
                        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                        Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• And, By The Gods... Say Your prayers!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• oh god what is the world coming to. I think this could be the only unanimous decision that we have all made.
                              Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                              I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• ...and this is JUST the beginning !!!!

Greets,
                                FATE

Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X