X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Admiral View Post
    My Emperor, Senators, People of Rome:

Let it be noted & read aloud!

You forget yourself Legatus Rubinus... my half brother, son of my father... my Emperor and yours... nay, he cannot deny... under extension of all honor & law of Rome, that it is certainly not treason to place what Roman forces I command defiantly & violently engaged against, or in pursuit of Romes current sworn enemies. It is not treason to call upon & fully expect - due Roman honor - full & total unity of goal in said defeat of any stated enemy's of Rome, as well in full support of the Emperors decreed desire to free Armenia from the Parthian occupiers &, as our allies, rid the Armenians of the threat... especially when the manifest & evil sum inspiring reasonable expectation of such hope & support is driven to, or well within reach, of the Emperors designated Supreme Commanders position. Due Roman honor dictates that we shall stand against ALL enemy's of Rome - TOGETHER - or Roman Honor shall fall due the inaction of those that are able & deny the decision by idle & inactive ignorance, failure to act, or complete refusal to engage sworn Parthian enemy's of Rome, when so confronted.

The matter of General Paulus mistaken, misguided, or insidious arrest is one that will be decided by true Roman Honor & Justice... the immediate & impending need that we crush & defeat our Parthian enemy's the most primary & certain goal!

No threat of attack has been made by this Command against 1 Roman soul!

No talk of treason exists in my Commands!

The mere accusation of treason &, as I hear of them, many arrests, of not only General Paulus & his attendent officers by General Drusus... but Senators in Rome, for as yet unstated factual or unproven charges does lead the mind & heart of all true Romans to ponder what really IS to be believed when such dark & mysterious ways & means are imposed... yea, thus causing a dark vacuum upon all facets of Roman life, hope, prestige, order, governance, civility...

Nay, though you cast your accusing finger, suggesting mutiny, Legatus Rubinius... I posit that it is you & all Roman citizens of good sense & honor that should ponder the direction to which the other 3 fingers on your Roman hand point in your utterance of it!

And speaking to your utterance of Mutiny in my regard...

In that all I now lead are & were directly deprived in the field of the leadership of their great & honorable Legatus, General Paulus - by treachery or by mistake - it falls to those entrusted immediately by General Paulus to retain the honor & power of Rome - so entrusted & placed under his command by his, mine, yours, & all peoples of Romes Emperor - thus, never to leave such formidable forces without direction & goal in the field... such certainly to be of considerable folly & shame upon any that would allow it.

I cast no pity upon those that stand secretively & factually idle of direction or action in support or vanguard... the Roman people will decide their fate - as, too, will they decide mine! May the good & wise citizens of Rome stand ever on the side of Honor over despotic folly, petty ignorance, fear, & evil!

For the Glory & Honor of ALL Rome, with no other Honorable course in view, I shall FIGHT all enemy's of Rome!

In the absence of clearly Honorable & Just orders, it is the greatest lesson of my father...

One echoed these past years by General Paulus!

So too, do I add, was it a lesson my father passed to our Emperor!

Thus is a lesson he certainly knows!

Rome is not one... Rome is all!

Scipius
    Commander of Cavalry: Legio VII, Legio XX
    Provisional XO in General Paulus absence:

Legio IV, Legio, XX, Legio XV
    Scipius!!!!

As the brother of the Emperor, you WILL stand down. You WILL cease your rhetoric of Rome on Rome fight. You ARE NOT the Provisional XO in Paulus' absence. That role falls on Cassius, General of Legio XX, Governor of Judea.

General Paulus and his staff peacefully went into the custody of General Drusus in order to flush out spies, traitors, and usurpers. YOU FAILED THE TEST.

Now stand down and turn command over to Cassius or face the wrath of Rome. As you are the flesh and blood of the Emperor, you shall be granted one reprieve. AND NONE AFTER THAT.
    Last edited by Salinator; 10 Nov 08, 01:01.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• I say Scipius did his duty. He was the only general that had the balls, initiative, and brains to take command of the army when all seemed lost.

If the commanders that sat in there tent when everything appeared to go to hell, to be honest, I fear for the empire

If my son was still alive he would be in china by the time he got the cease and desist order from you guys.

If I had a commander that did the same thing as Scipius in his position, I would promote him, not reprimand him, you numbskulls. And I do not fear neather roman or parthian assassination as I already have lived a full life and will welcome death.

But you would want old Gaius Maximus as he was the crazy one of the family.

Falco Tiberius

Comment

• Scipius!!!!

As the brother of the Emperor, you WILL stand down. You WILL cease your rhetoric of Rome on Rome fight. You ARE NOT the Provisional XO in Paulus' absence. That role falls on Cassius, General of Legio XX, Governor of Judea.

General Paulus and his staff peacefully went into the custody of General Drusus in order to flush out spies, traitors, and usurpers. YOU FAILED THE TEST.

Now stand down and turn command over over to Cassius or face the wrath of Rome. As you are the flesh and blood of the Emperor, you shall be granted one reprieve. AND NONE AFTER THAT.
        As the son of our father, I will Stand. As a Roman sharing the blood of an Emperor, I dutifully implore, as a Roman 1st, your recognition before all peoples of Rome that no Rome on Rome fight has been suggested or threatened by this Roman soul... in fact, it is ALL of Rome standing united against her enemy's that I stand to, seek, & shall die for, if the Gods so insist!

I fight & live with my command & your indication that General Cassius is actually leading, Legio Hercules, is good news. In that no contact can or has been made with those that would offer proof, your word is all needed to be honored.

If I have been so tested by my own flesh & blood, & have failed so miserably as you have so proclaimed... If General Paulus & his officers have indeed voluntarily submitted to custody for the sake of uncovering sedition & spys... if I have made specific or implied threat against any Roman of honor... free General Paulus & his entire Staff, now in custody... for I ask you... not as my Emperor, but as a brother... to produce the proof, or even veiled implication of my disloyalty to Rome, sedition, or any other insult to the memory of our father, & arrest me my Emperor!

For if you do not, I shall relentless seek the blood of all spies & enemy's of Rome, killing them where I find them until so compelled to cease by the full Glory & Honor of Rome, or the glorious death of me in the doing of it!

There is no reprieve sought or desired among brothers, there is blood...

Be it however thick as your Rule would make it!

The true test, I submit, is yours to live, my Emperor!

Scipius
        Commander of Cavalry:
        Legio VII, Legio XX

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Senate and People of Rome:

While rumor has been running rampant in Rome a full investigation is being conducted into the matter of General Paulus arrest. He is being treated fairly and with the respect his position as a Roman Governor and Legate demands.

If Paulus is innocent of crimes against Rome it will be so declared and he will be released with all Honor intact.

Make no mistake, I General Drusus have always been in firm command of the Roman Army of the East. I will obey the orders of the Emperor and will continue to work with those who are proven to be loyal to Rome.

As far as the conduct of the war is concerned, regular reports have been made to the Emperor himself. You are all aware of the rumors of Parthian agents attempting to gain access to our war plans and Parthian attempts to subvert Roman Senators to their will with offers of bribes. Roman Senators and citizens are being murdered in the streets with the word "treason" being uttered with their last breath.

In this environment of fear and mistrust it was wisely decided by the Emperor that reports from the front would be directed to him until the nefarious Parthian agents and provacatours can be identified and neutralized.

Fear not, citizens of Rome. The war against the Parthians is going well. It is reported that the Armenian people have risen against their Parthian oppressors and have liberated the Armenian capital of Tigranakert. On all fronts Parthian forces continue to flee before the might of our advancing Legions. Our brave Legionaires continue to serve Rome bravely and shine as an example of Roman duty and virtue.

People of Rome: Stay calm! Do not fall prey to rumor mongers and those who would see Rome fail! This would be EXACTLY what the Parthians want!

I ask the Senate and People of Rome to continue with the support they have given to our troops and to the war effort.

I ask the people to continue to have faith and trust in Caesar and Rome!!

Rome will be victorious in the war against the Parthians!

Hail Caesar!
          Roma Victa!!

General Drusus
          Commander
          Army of the East
          Governor of Germania
          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Senators and Citizens of Rome,

There is ONE enemy of Rome. His name is Parthia.

The Emperor shall remind its' citizens that we will prevail before our enemies first and foremost. They seek to divide us. We shall not oblige.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Admiral View Post
              [I]

As the son of our father, I will Stand. As a Roman sharing the blood of an Emperor, I dutifully implore, as a Roman 1st, your recognition before all peoples of Rome that no Rome on Rome fight has been suggested or threatened by this Roman soul... in fact, it is ALL of Rome standing united against her enemy's that I stand to, seek, & shall die for, if the Gods so insist!

I fight & live with my command & your indication that General Cassius is actually leading, Legio Hercules, is good news. In that no contact can or has been made with those that would offer proof, your word is all needed to be honored.

If I have been so tested by my own flesh & blood, & have failed so miserably as you have so proclaimed... If General Paulus & his officers have indeed voluntarily submitted to custody for the sake of uncovering sedition & spys... if I have made specific or implied threat against any Roman of honor... free General Paulus & his entire Staff, now in custody... for I ask you... not as my Emperor, but as a brother... to produce the proof, or even veiled implication of my disloyalty to Rome, sedition, or any other insult to the memory of our father, & arrest me my Emperor!

For if you do not, I shall relentless seek the blood of all spies & enemy's of Rome, killing them where I find them until so compelled to cease by the full Glory & Honor of Rome, or the glorious death of me in the doing of it!

There is no reprieve sought or desired among brothers, there is blood...

Be it however thick as your Rule would make it!

The true test, I submit, is yours to live, my Emperor!

Scipius
              Commander of Cavalry:
              Legio VII, Legio XX

Scipius

Blood is indeed thicker than water!

Have you forgotten that my beloved brother Senator Julius was recently murdered by enemies of Rome? I have sworn an oath to my families ancestors and Gods to find those responsible and bring them to Justice.

I believe it will soon be revealed that those who murdered Julius and those who murdered Senator Titus are one and the same!

I believe they seek Romes defeat on the battlefield.

I believe these curs only serve one master: the all mighty Denarii!!

I believe these lackeys have entered into an unholy alliance with a master that can provide them with what they so desire. That master is Parthia!!!!

I have committed my life to the service of Rome. I know you have done the same. I ask that you join with me in service to Rome.

Work with me against the Parthians! Help me find those responsible for the murder of my brother!!

General Drusus
              "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Emperor, it is becoming increasingly apparent that false rumours are causing diversions in the senate and sapping the faith of our countrymen.
                We must assure the population that the war is still in our favour, the Gods continue to smile upon us, and guide the the most loyal of Romans soldiers ever closer towards victory.

We cannot give up now, Armenia is ours and the Parthians are in retreat.

Emperor, I plead to you in asking the remaining senators to calm the people of Rome, they have nothing to fear.
                Last edited by Achtung Baby; 10 Nov 08, 04:01.
                "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• Emperor I believe that the best way to keep the populace of rome under control perhaps would be to increase patrols and possibly if worst comes to worst. Marsall Law!!!

-Regards,
                  Gaius, Commander Praetorian Guard.

For God and Country!!!
                  Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                  I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Wouldn't marshal law make some of the Roman Populace become suspicious and...I'd rather not say.

-Alexander

Comment

• Originally posted by salinator View Post
                      Senators,

As you well know, Plinius and Honorius has been under the protection of the Emperor's Praetorians Guards for some some time. With the recent unrest, the Emperor has seen fit for their protection to transfer the two Senators to better security. We have lost Julius. We have lost Titus. Whether the two have anything to do with those murders will be in the undertaking of Senator Verus. But in the meantime, while there is one breath left in the Emperor, no more Senators shall fall. Rome was a dream of Aeneus, the creation of Romulus, and her survival shall be by the the will of the people.

I stand before you not as Emperor of Rome, but as the guardian of it's people and the defender of it's glory and legacy. Rome will survive, it's legacy will inspire, it's history will be taught for milleniums. Long live Rome.
                      I guess I have no choice now but to move straight to an investigation of both men. I must trust the word of the emperor, but know this....if anyone has these men punished in any form before the trial is over they will have to answer to Rome!
                      "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Comment

• What of the senate seat left empty by Titus Macedonious's assassination

Comment

• The streets of Rome are boiling with hostile rhetoric!

Originally posted by Conlin View Post
                          Wouldn't marshal law make some of the Roman Populace become suspicious and...I'd rather not say.

-Alexander
                          Senators and Generals,

I have been to the streets with my People. The citizens are impatient, but understanding of the current political and military strife. However..., our city trembles with their rage and only my reputation amongst them has stemmed off a full-blown riot!

They tell me that there is little trust left in our politics, but they have full trust in Caesar!

Let us follow his guidance in this dark hour. The people will wait for a proper outcome, but I warn all of us; if there is corruption in the Senate we must punish it with the most extreme predjudice! We must do this, or the People of Rome will destroy this city one brick at a time until there is nothing left!

I will speak with the People of Rome, and urge them to hold their anger. Let us resolve this matter before madness overcomes them.

~Senator Antonius "Fat Tony" Soprano~
                          "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace_General View Post
                            What of the senate seat left empty by Titus Macedonious's assassination
                            All in due time.

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                            Senators and Generals,

I have been to the streets with my People. The citizens are impatient, but understanding of the current political and military strife. However..., our city trembles with their rage and only my reputation amongst them has stemmed off a full-blown riot!

They tell me that there is little trust left in our politics, but they have full trust in Caesar!

Let us follow his guidance in this dark hour. The people will wait for a proper outcome, but I warn all of us; if there is corruption in the Senate we must punish it with the most extreme predjudice! We must do this, or the People of Rome will destroy this city one brick at a time until there is nothing left!

I will speak with the People of Rome, and urge them to hold their anger. Let us resolve this matter before madness overcomes them.

~Senator Antonius "Fat Tony" Soprano~
                            He's right. No matter what happens, whatever kind of corruption must be rooted out.

-Senator Honorious

Comment

• The trial concerning Plinius and Honorius has commenced. The people will have 5 days to vote on the fate of these two men. Let majority of the Roman people decide their loyalty!

If there is any attempt at punishment against these two men before the trial is over, they will answer to me!
                              "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
                                War in Armenia:
                                The few reports we have received from the front say that the war is going well. Tigranakert has been liberated by General Paulus' Legions with the aid of Armenian Partisan Militia. The Parthians are said to be in disarray and fleeing. But reports are scarce and some even conflicting as to the location of various Roman forces in Armenia.
                                Romans,

The Emperor has always been if favor of free speech. But irresponsible reporting by the ride-by media needs to be addressed. It would best serve Rome's interest if the scribe-corps can better regulate themselves and refrain from passing on unsubstantiated rumors and nonsense in order to sell scrolls.

General Paulus did not liberate Tigranakert. Anyone who claims to know the location of our Legions other than the Generals and the Emperor himself is either a spy or lying. Now that enough time has elapsed so that the report can be declassified, the Emperor presents General Drusus' original report on the liberation of Tigranakert in it's entirety:

FW: Tigranakert liberated !!!
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Stratego
                                Great and Honorable General Drusus,

News has come that Tigranakert has been liberated !
                                A freedom fighter from the Armenian capital has brought this joyful news three days ago!
                                Hearing of the Roman offensive into Parthian territory the people of Tigranakert have taken up arms and managed to overwhelm the Parthian conquering force stationed there. Commander Phraates and his army have beat a hasty retreat south-east, having lost about a quarter of their force in the uprising!!!!

LONG LIVE ARMENIA!
                                LONG LIVE ROME!

Ave,
                                Camilius Asper
                                Commander of legio XXIV stationed at Melitine in Cappadocia

Speaking of rumors:
                                Word has reached Rome that General Drusus has kidnapped General Paulus! Ostensibly, this is an arrest under orders from The Emperor but this can hardly be true as our Legions are still engaged in a war and Legate Paulus is Rome's best and most loyal leader! Romans we cannot accept this! Unfettered power by rogue Generals and a paranoid Emperor cannot be tolerated.
                                General Paulus was not kidnapped. The Military is concerned about the abundance of information available in the streets of Rome in regards to their whereabouts. The constant demand by Senator Plinius for the warplans, even after constant reassurance by the Emperor to give the details after each step has already occurred have unsettled much of the men. It was the Men of our Brave Legions that demanded action as shown to you by the Emperor's release of General Drusus' dispatch and by the public request of General Rubinus that forced action. Those soldiers are your fathers, uncles, sons, cousins, brothers, husbands, and citizens of Rome. Their voices cannot be ignored.

Tend to your property!
                                The Emperor has shown no restraint when it comes to exercising his power. What comes next? Will Sal declare Martial Law in The City and take from us our Civil Rights? Will he steal our riches and our property? Where is the accountability? Where is the leadership? Where is the respect for our sovereignty?
                                The Emperor has not declared martial law against the advice of Gaius, Captain of the Praetorian Guard. The very fact that the Emperor feels a need to respond to this baseless dribble is proof that no civil right has been taken away. Emperors past would have immediately silenced such clear disrepect, slander, and libel.

Romans Arise!
                                Unrest has again spread throughout the city. Mobs of enraged Citizens are on the march! Fires are once again spreading through the forums. Can this be stopped again? Should it be stopped? Cries to release General Paulus are heard from every crowd. Veterans of the Legions are seen to be leading the Citizens in calls for disclosure of all information pertaining to the war and all actions of the Emperor.
                                Nonsense. There is no fire, please do not incite the populance for political gain. The Firefighting Legion has reported no fires. Senator Antonius also has not reported any fires, on the other hand he has reported that the people are very angry at Senators Plinius and Honorius. If not for the good work of Senator Antonius, the mobs may very well have lynched Plinius and Antonius by now. Their trial is being conducted by Senator Verus, considered by all to be the most honest and having the highest of morals. Senator Verus was the first to expose this Orontes Zig.

These calls are not as civil as I have reported them here. Woe, to any who stand in these brave Roman's way!
                                And not as honest either. Your alliance to your political mentor is obvious, as is your biased disdain for the Emperor.

Senator Plinius, Calm as always:
                                Concerned for the welfare and well being of all Romans, the most senior of our Senators has called for full disclosure from the Emperor! Plinius, fearing for his life once more, has enlisted the protection of an entire Vigiles of Veterans to protect his estate! These brave hundred will police his estate to ward off the mob and assassins, as well as firefighting duties, should the need arise again.
                                ARE YOU DEAF? A herald with one loud mouth and two useless ears does Rome no service. IT WAS THE EMPEROR'S PRAETORIAN GUARDS THAT PROTECTED PLINIUS THE PAST FEW MONTHS EVEN AS THE SENATOR CHALLENGED AND BADMOUTHED THE EMPEROR AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X