SPQR Gameturn 5 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
    A stomping noise pervades Rome as Two detachments of the Praetorian guard approach the residents of the Senators Plinius and HonoriusTo place them under arrest by Imperial Order.

People of ROME: I am just a soldier and must follow orders Issued to me, please come quietly and without incidence.

Regards
    -Gaius Commander, Praetorian Guard.
    Hey! Who authorized Plinius to be taken? I have not received any confirmation from Emperor Sal nor has the vote for the SBI trial been made! And why are you arresting Senator Honorius? He's not the one whose loyalty is being questioned!
    "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Comment

• Good Sir, I am just a simple soldier of Rome and the Emperor and must follow orders giving to me by my boss.
      -Gaius, Commander Praetorian Guard.
      Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
      I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Commander Scipius, I commend your valour and faith in the greater glory of Rome, but unless the Emperor himself has decreed your new position then all true Romans will have no choice but to consider your stance as such to be a mutiny against the Roman Army itself.

General Drusus is still in command of this war, no one else!
        Last edited by Achtung Baby; 09 Nov 08, 21:38.
        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
        Ernest Hemingway.

In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by captainsennef View Post
          "Senators,
          it is with the greatest possible concern that I address you tonight.
          As we all know, we are involved in a war in the East about which we are kept deliberately in the dark. Are we losing, are we winning? We don't know!

How many of you know for instance that general Paulus has been arrested on unspecified charges of treason? General Paulus, a man generally known to be beyond reproach: a paragon of Roman duty and virtue, who just liberated the Armenian capital of Tigranakert!
          And that while we are in the middle of a war!!
          I demand that either we learn immediately what general Paulus is accused of to warrant his arrest or that he is released immediately with the profoundest excuses!"

Plinius
          Roman Senator
          As far as I'm aware General Paulus is still under the command of General Drusus, as he had accepted before this campaign started against the Parthians!

Your deliberate exclusion of General Drusus's command in this war is beyond comprehension, why is this so? And why the spreading of rumours about General Paulus, it serves no purpose but in creating more trouble in Rome, you, Senator Plinius have just revealed to all the good people of Rome your desire to destabilize the senate and trying to cause riots in Rome, and against the Emperor himself.

Your arrest must be swift.
          Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• He has been Arrested, Note my previous post.
            Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me

Comment

• Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
              He has been Arrested, Note my previous post.
              Why have I been arrested?

-Senator Honorious

Comment

• Orders, Senator, Orders.

I'm sorry, However I must follow the orders.
                Last edited by Patton 7079; 09 Nov 08, 23:25.

Comment

• Originally posted by TankBrigade View Post
                  Hey! Who authorized Plinius to be taken? I have not received any confirmation from Emperor Sal nor has the vote for the SBI trial been made! And why are you arresting Senator Honorius? He's not the one whose loyalty is being questioned!
                  Sir, I am afraid the Emperor does not need to answer to you in these matters, and aslong as my orders are to arrest People, then it shall be done. Even if it where to be to arrest my own brother I would do it.
                  regards

Comment

• Senators,

As you well know, Plinius and Honorius has been under the protection of the Emperor's Praetorians Guards for some some time. With the recent unrest, the Emperor has seen fit for their protection to transfer the two Senators to better security. We have lost Julius. We have lost Titus. Whether the two have anything to do with those murders will be in the undertaking of Senator Verus. But in the meantime, while there is one breath left in the Emperor, no more Senators shall fall. Rome was a dream of Aeneus, the creation of Romulus, and her survival shall be by the the will of the people.

I stand before you not as Emperor of Rome, but as the guardian of it's people and the defender of it's glory and legacy. Rome will survive, it's legacy will inspire, it's history will be taught for milleniums. Long live Rome.
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Originally posted by salinator View Post
                      Senators,

As you well know, Plinius and Honorius has been under the protection of the Emperor's Praetorians Guards for some some time. With the recent unrest, the Emperor has seen fit for their protection to transfer the two Senators to better security. We have lost Julius. We have lost Titus. Whether the two have anything to do with those murders will be in the undertaking of Senator Verus. But in the meantime, while there is one breath left in the Emperor, no more Senators shall fall. Rome was a dream of Aeneus, the creation of Romulus, and her survival shall be by the the will of the people.

I stand before you not as Emperor of Rome, but as the guardian of it's people and the defender of it's glory and legacy. Rome will survive, it's legacy will inspire, it's history will be taught for milleniums. Long live Rome.
                      The Emperor has spoken, and I trust his good judgment and faith in Rome, and for all the people he serves.

May the Gods protect Senator Plinius and Honorious, and may their fate be determined under true Roman justice, quickly and swiftly.

Hail the Emperor!!!!

Hail Rome!!!!
                      Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• Dispatch from eastern extremities...

My Emperor, Senators, People of Rome:

Let it be noted & read aloud!

You forget yourself Legatus Rubinus... my half brother, son of my father... my Emperor and yours... nay, he cannot deny... under extension of all honor & law of Rome, that it is certainly not treason to place what Roman forces I command defiantly & violently engaged against, or in pursuit of Romes current sworn enemies. It is not treason to call upon & fully expect - due Roman honor - full & total unity of goal in said defeat of any stated enemy's of Rome, as well in full support of the Emperors decreed desire to free Armenia from the Parthian occupiers &, as our allies, rid the Armenians of the threat... especially when the manifest & evil sum inspiring reasonable expectation of such hope & support is driven to, or well within reach, of the Emperors designated Supreme Commanders position. Due Roman honor dictates that we shall stand against ALL enemy's of Rome - TOGETHER - or Roman Honor shall fall due the inaction of those that are able & deny the decision by idle & inactive ignorance, failure to act, or complete refusal to engage sworn Parthian enemy's of Rome, when so confronted.

The matter of General Paulus mistaken, misguided, or insidious arrest is one that will be decided by true Roman Honor & Justice... the immediate & impending need that we crush & defeat our Parthian enemy's the most primary & certain goal!

No threat of attack has been made by this Command against 1 Roman soul!

No talk of treason exists in my Commands!

The mere accusation of treason &, as I hear of them, many arrests, of not only General Paulus & his attendent officers by General Drusus... but Senators in Rome, for as yet unstated factual or unproven charges does lead the mind & heart of all true Romans to ponder what really IS to be believed when such dark & mysterious ways & means are imposed... yea, thus causing a dark vacuum upon all facets of Roman life, hope, prestige, order, governance, civility...

Nay, though you cast your accusing finger, suggesting mutiny, Legatus Rubinius... I posit that it is you & all Roman citizens of good sense & honor that should ponder the direction to which the other 3 fingers on your Roman hand point in your utterance of it!

And speaking to your utterance of Mutiny in my regard...

In that all I now lead are & were directly deprived in the field of the leadership of their great & honorable Legatus, General Paulus - by treachery or by mistake - it falls to those entrusted immediately by General Paulus to retain the honor & power of Rome - so entrusted & placed under his command by his, mine, yours, & all peoples of Romes Emperor - thus, never to leave such formidable forces without direction & goal in the field... such certainly to be of considerable folly & shame upon any that would allow it.

I cast no pity upon those that stand secretively & factually idle of direction or action in support or vanguard... the Roman people will decide their fate - as, too, will they decide mine! May the good & wise citizens of Rome stand ever on the side of Honor over despotic folly, petty ignorance, fear, & evil!

For the Glory & Honor of ALL Rome, with no other Honorable course in view, I shall FIGHT all enemy's of Rome!

In the absence of clearly Honorable & Just orders, it is the greatest lesson of my father...

One echoed these past years by General Paulus!

So too, do I add, was it a lesson my father passed to our Emperor!

Thus is a lesson he certainly knows!

Rome is not one... Rome is all!

Scipius
                        Commander of Cavalry: Legio VII, Legio XX
                        Provisional XO in General Paulus absence:
                        Legio IV, Legio, XX, Legio XV
                        Last edited by Admiral; 10 Nov 08, 00:25.
                        On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by skoblin View Post
                          The Roman Empire...what a pitiable sight of confusion and disarray. The services of the Germanic horde may always be procured at a price. Perhaps some rich farm land in Pannonia or Moesia? And in turn we shall put to the sword the enemies of the highest bidders. Anarchy in Rome? Armed Goths may deal with the recalcitrant and disobedient. As a sign of our intentions we present this skull cup made from Falco's head.

As always, Skoblinius is the spreader of nonsense. That is way too big to be Falco's head. We want our denari back!
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• May the god smile on you general Scipius

But have you seen what has become of the body of my son if he is indeed, in fact dead.

And if you need a good Calvary commander, or a good subordinate legatus, just give the word and I'll be there in less than a nano second

Solider to Solider, I wish to congratulate you on a job well done. I would be proud to have you as a Falco

ROMA VICTA

Falco Tiberius

Comment

• Originally posted by salinator View Post
                              As always, Skoblinius is the spreader of nonsense. That is way too big to be Falco's head. We want our denari back!
                              And, and its way to hard to be cut like that

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace_General View Post
                                And, and its way to hard to be cut like that
                                Good one! Very funny!
                                History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                                _________
                                BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X