Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPQR Gameturn 5 !!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Perhaps we can fight fire with fire..ehh?
    If the Parthians insist on sending spies to try to destroy our unity in Rome (which they will not since we're not the ones dealing with resistance fighters ), then perhaps we should do the same in Armenia. However, this time we'll create factions among the Parthian army.

    They are already worried about the people revolting against them right? So what if we tell them that their officers are inciting these anti-Parthian thoughts by commiting horrible atrocities. This will cause their superiors to take "disciplinary" action to maintain order (like the death penalty against the suspects) and cause mistrust among their subordinates.
    Last edited by TankBrigade; 09 Nov 08, 15:09.
    "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

    "People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

    Comment


    • Tiberious, no offense, but you are a citizen in this game. General Falco is dead.

      Stratego, Sal, how about you beat some sense into him?

      -Alexander AKA Senator Honorious

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TankBrigade View Post
        Perhaps we can fight fire with fire..ehh?
        If the Parthians insist on sending spies to try to destroy our unity in Rome (which they will not since we're not the ones dealing with resistance fighters ), then perhaps we should do the same in Armenia. However, this time we'll create factions among the Parthian army.

        They are already worried about the people revolting against them right? So what if we tell them that their officers are inciting these anti-Parthian thoughts by commiting horrible atrocities. This will cause their superiors to take "disciplinary" action (like the death penalty against the suspects) and cause mistrust among their subordinates.
        Another "crazy" idea that just might suceed...I'm in.

        -Senator Honorious

        Comment


        • Do I have the emperor's permission to carry out such an operation?

          If my plan helped in Moesia, then it will in Armenia. Of course I will send different spies than before.
          "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

          "People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

          Comment


          • Hey, im an old patriotic retired general that organized a citizen militia and told you guys to get out of town cause the people are pissed.

            I'm not riding into armenia and trying to take command of a legion or anything crazy.

            Comment


            • The Roman Empire...what a pitiable sight of confusion and disarray. The services of the Germanic horde may always be procured at a price. Perhaps some rich farm land in Pannonia or Moesia? And in turn we shall put to the sword the enemies of the highest bidders. Anarchy in Rome? Armed Goths may deal with the recalcitrant and disobedient. As a sign of our intentions we present this skull cup made from Falco's head.


              Comment


              • Originally posted by skoblin View Post
                The Roman Empire...what a pitiable sight of confusion and disarray. The services of the Germanic horde may always be procured at a price. Perhaps some rich farm land in Pannonia or Moesia? And in turn we shall put to the sword the enemies of the highest bidders. Anarchy in Rome? Armed Goths may deal with the recalcitrant and disobedient. As a sign of our intentions we present this skull cup made from Falco's head.

                Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

                It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

                Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

                BORG

                Comment


                • Originally posted by skoblin View Post
                  The Roman Empire...what a pitiable sight of confusion and disarray. The services of the Germanic horde may always be procured at a price. Perhaps some rich farm land in Pannonia or Moesia? And in turn we shall put to the sword the enemies of the highest bidders. Anarchy in Rome? Armed Goths may deal with the recalcitrant and disobedient. As a sign of our intentions we present this skull cup made from Falco's head.

                  Oh you Barbarians and your wry sense of humor!
                  History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                  _________
                  BoRG
                  __________
                  "I am Arthur, King of the Britons!"

                  Comment


                  • Just so everyone knows, I'm awaiting the emperor's ok for a vote on whether an SBI trial be made for Senator Plinius. If the vote is made and the majority votes for the investigation, the trial shall begin immediatley (but it will mean Plinius being placed under temporary arrest).

                    If the emperor refuses to allow an SBI investigation let every citizen of Rome know that he judges this senator to be innocent from treason.
                    "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

                    "People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

                    Comment


                    • Let us drink Beer from Falco's empty head!

                      Originally posted by skoblin View Post

                      As a sign of our intentions we present this skull cup made from Falco's head.

                      "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

                      BoRG

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ace_General View Post
                        Hey, im an old patriotic retired general that organized a citizen militia and told you guys to get out of town cause the people are pissed.

                        I'm not riding into armenia and trying to take command of a legion or anything crazy.
                        Just stop with the story changing and all of that! God, you are so stubborn...

                        -Alexander AKA Senator Honorious

                        Comment


                        • The cup of Falco's head should not be given to any Roman, for it shall poison the minds of those who choose to drink from it, and for seeking the services of those foul murderers wish to commit.
                          Their demands for reward will be intolerable.
                          To allow barbarians to do this to a fellow Roman is uncivilized and reprehensible, you may laugh now but their lust for power is greater than you imagine, so restrain yourselves and focus on the more pressing issues.
                          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                          Ernest Hemingway.

                          In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Achtung baby View Post
                            The cup of Falco's head should not be given to any Roman, for it shall poison the minds of those who choose to drink from it, and for seeking the services of those foul murderers wish to commit.

                            Their demands for reward will be intolerable.

                            To allow barbarians to do this to a fellow Roman is uncivilized and reprehensible, you may laugh now but their lust for power is greater than you imagine, so restrain yourselves and focus on the more pressing issues.

                            In other words, you drink from the cup, you'll end up with the highest pantheon in H with you name on it. Now, back to the issue at hand, Ace_General, enough with the story twisting.

                            -Alexander

                            Comment


                            • I wasn't story twisting. Im a retired general that came to rome to help out and have a "Citizens watch" going. I tell you guys what the populace thinks as instructed and provide auxiliary security.

                              Thats it and thats what Im sticking to till fate tells me otherwise

                              Comment


                              • A stomping noise pervades Rome as Two detachments of the Praetorian guard approach the residents of the Senators Plinius and HonoriusTo place them under arrest by Imperial Order.


                                People of ROME: I am just a soldier and must follow orders Issued to me, please come quietly and without incidence.

                                Regards
                                -Gaius Commander, Praetorian Guard.
                                Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                                I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X