X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spqr Players !!!!

Alrighty folks...
    The time has come to find out who will play the Emperor, the 6 Senators and the 3 Generals in the SPQR game...
    Choose your characters wisely and...be swift !
    Remember: First come, first serve !!!!

Greets,
    Stratego
    The Emperor
    8.33%
    Senator Honorius
    8.33%
    Senator Antonius
    8.33%
    Senator Julius
    0.00%
    Senator Verus
    8.33%
    Senator Flavian
    8.33%
    Senator Plinius
    8.33%
    General Falco
    25.00%
    General Drusus
    8.33%
    General Paulus
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Salinator; 23 Aug 08, 23:07.
    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

If this is where we pick, then I choose Senator Verus!
    "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Comment

General Drusus
      "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

General Falco.
        If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Wonder who'll have the guts to play the Emperor...

Greets,
          Stratego
          Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

BORG

Comment

Senator Antonius is MINE!

Senator Antonius

Born in 26 A.D.

Antonius was born into one of the oldest patrician families in Rome. Although his family was of consular heritage, they were declining in both social and financial fortunes. These factors would dramatically shape Antonius’ ambitions and goals as he would desire above all else to restore the political heritage of his family along with its financial power.

This already occurred in his teenage youth when Seutonius describes him as being part of Emperor’s Caligula’s closest entourage in the last years of his reign.

Antonius did not have a distinguished military career. His governorship in Britannia between 58 and 61 was highly unsuccessful due to the despicable behavior of his army against the local tribes which ultimately, instigated Boudicca’s revolt. Thanks to his relationship with Nero, Antonius remained politically secure and instead received a governorship in Gaul between 62-65. In 65, he was brought to trial for adultery with a Vestal Virgin but Nero testified in his favor, and eventually Antonius was acquitted.

Due to his popularity among the masses, the patricians came under great pressure when they tried to boycott Antonius’ political career. By starting a campaign of blackmail, threats and bribes he knew to gain support of the most distinguished (and corrupt) men of Rome, including many of the consulars and was not only acquitted, but would have also found his path to consul open in 68 if a civil war hadn’t broken out following Nero’s death.

Not surprisingly, Antonius was found on the side of ALL the victors in the year of the Four Emperors in 69 and finally became consul in 70 A.D.

Antonius supposedly knew Rome like his back pocket and was known to roam the most darkest and dangerous suburbs, slums and alley’s of Rome. There, he seems to have celebrated his alleged sexual debaucheries, having a strong preference for common women... He organized many banquets where large amounts of wine and food were consumed and where only plain citizens were invited.

Many contemporaries, also of patrician descent, admitted that he was an enigmatic man who possessed both the greatest of virtues and the most terrible of vices. Antonius spoke with an eloquence that demanded loyalty from his followers and strengthened the resolve of his friends in desperate situations. According to Pliny the Younger his home was always open for “the underdogs, the poor and the mischievous”. Without doubt Antonius possessed a degree of courage that few have, he was hated because he showed no respect for the wealthy and because he was considered a populist demagogue.

Undoubtedly his respect went out to the common folk and the needy…not surprisingly it is also there that he felt at home...

Due to his strong contacts with the Roman populace and underworld, Senator Antonius does not have to buy "spies" in his gameturns...he will be able to spy on the rivals of his choice without any cost !!!!
            Last edited by Paul Mann III; 23 Aug 08, 20:05.
            "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Dear players...

Just to let you know that I'll write down the BASICS OF GAMEPLAY as soon as all the players are known. After that I'll leave the forum open for about a week to answer any of your questions concerning the game while, in the meantime, you all fill out your charactersheets (dividing and alloting the number of credits to your personality)...

Once I've received all your charactersheets... I think we can start the game !!!!

Greets,
              Stratego

BORG

Comment

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                Wonder who'll have the guts to play the Emperor...

Greets,
                Stratego
                Emperor "Big Balls" Salinator
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

WHAT THE ****

I didn't now that you made a thread

I made my choice of general Falco at the time that was specified on the coming soon thread

Don't be commies about it

Legate, can you trade me for Falco?
                  Legate,

Comment

Originally posted by Ace_General View Post
                    WHAT THE ****

I didn't now that you made a thread

I made my choice of general Falco at the time that was specified on the coming soon thread

Don't be commies about it

Legate, can you trade me for Falco?
                    Legate,
                    Ok,I'll be nice, you can have Falco. I really wanted Drusus,but I got beat. None of the other characters are to my liking. I will hang out in the populace.
                    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

thanks man,

How do I get you one of those like reputation things cause you deserve one

Cpl. Ace General

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
                        Ok,I'll be nice, you can have Falco. I really wanted Drusus,but I got beat. None of the other characters are to my liking. I will hang out in the populace.
                        You truly are a good sport Legate...

Rep will follow...

Greets,
                        Stratego

BORG

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post
                          Emperor "Big Balls" Salinator

Greets,
                          Stratego

BORG

Comment

Originally posted by Ace_General View Post
                            ...I made my choice of general Falco at the time that was specified on the coming soon thread...Don't be commies about it...
                            No you didn't , it was 4 hours AFTER the specified time !!!! I was up watching the reactions in WTTA till two hours after the specified time and you weren't there...

And If I want to be a commie...I'll be one !!!!

Greets,
                            Stratego

BORG

Comment

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                              And If I want to be a commie...I'll be one !!!!
                              And what a fine Commie you would make!

If Old Boney could hear you.........
                              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X