This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
    Instead of hijacking this thread, start your own .
    I have not hijacked this thread. The only person that gave my post a response was you. My post simply commented on what you posted...hey, just like we always do here on the forum. My post is similar to other posts on this thread, including your own. I don't know what you are objecting to here, what say we just let the thread progress.

John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

I tried to give objective and thought out reasons for my choices. I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        I tried to give objective and thought out reasons for my choices. I'll leave it at that.
        While I do not always agree with your opinions (although I often consider you correct in many/most cases), you do at least post your reasonings, and I for one can respect that .
        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          I believe that was true for the greater majority of participating members. That some of us are now questioning a few of our own choices and even changing our minds about one or two of them, does not in any way detract from our genuine intent. However, we might be accused of being overly intense about our subject matter - a common thing among ACG'ers I suspect.

I think this goes to the matter of personal growth. In life as well as in study, we all grow. As a young man, I used to have the idea that the process pretty much stopped when we reached a certain age. In my more mature years, I am discovering that's not really the case. I continue to grow and learn on a daily basis, in all areas of life as well as my personal interests and studies. I don't think it ever stops.

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
          While I do not always agree with your opinions (although I often consider you correct in many/most cases), you do at least post your reasonings, and I for one can respect that .
          Ditto for me, and agreed.

At ACG, I consider it both a pleasure and a privilege to have met and exchanged views with so many thoughtful and learned people. Naturally, one does not always agree or see eye-to-eye with every post but in the majority of cases there is mutual respect because we can see that the other guy has researched the topic too - sometimes very thoroughly - and has well reasoned opinions.
          Last edited by panther3485; 17 Nov 14, 02:03.
          "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X