Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rnd 3 Grp B - Challenger 1/2 (Britain) vs Leopard 2 (Germany)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting. It covers all the models up to and including the ones from three years before the first Sherman was made........

Comment

To be slightly more on topic, I just realized that the AI in Wargame: Red Dragon really likes to use the Leopard 2 if you make them BLUFOR and don't remove it from their 'deck' (OOB) for the ensuing match. I'm pretty sure they have access to Challenger 2, and Abrams tanks as well.
      "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
        Never heard of Haynes?

They even do books on tanks and other random subjects:

That last one is news to me. How do they recommend changing the oil?

Comment

This was a tough one for me, I'm surprised to see such a big gap in the votes.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
            This was a tough one for me, I'm surprised to see such a big gap in the votes.
            Agreed, it was line-ball for me. So close that I went with the tank I most like out of these two.

I would have expected the polling to be much closer than this.
            "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
              Agreed, it was line-ball for me. So close that I went with the tank I most like out of these two.

I would have expected the polling to be much closer than this.
              I was surprised too, but sales figures give a yardstick for two well known but similar tanks.

Comment

Numbers gentlemen numbers...
                One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic.

Comment

Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
                  I was surprised too, but sales figures give a yardstick for two well known but similar tanks.
                  Originally posted by Hanov View Post
                  Numbers gentlemen numbers...
                  Indeed; if sales figures and consequent wideness of distribution were our primary and over-riding criteria, then the Leopard 2 would obviously have to win by a very comfortable margin.

Thing is, I thought these were not the only criteria.

... but still, the members have spoken and we have what we have.
                  "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

I have no idea so I recuse myself.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X