Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rnd 3 Grp A - Tiger tanks (Germany) vs T-34 (Soviet Union/Russia)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marathag View Post
    As was pointed out, the KV heavy tank led to the IS series.

Since the KV was driving around before the ink was dry on the request for VK4501H prototypes, cant really say the Tiger had much influence on the KV series.

The Panther was more an influence on the KV becoming the IS than the Tiger, which was always a rare cat to face on the battlefield
    The Red Army sent officers to inspect German factories making tanks while Germany and the Soviets were 'friends'. The inspectors never believed the Germans were only building the Marks I through IV. They kept asking where the heavy tanks were? This indicates to me the Soviets had already decided to build the T-34 and KV-1.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

While the T-34 was the first good example of a good balance of firepower, speed and armor (at the expense of virtually everything else) the Tiger was an attempt to absolutely maximize firepower and armor, automotive engineering was simply lagging at the time.

Since then, MTBs have struggled (and starting in the 1970s, began to succeed) in bringing what the Tigers brought to the table on a reliable platform.

Tiger.
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
        (...)
        Since then, MTBs have struggled (and starting in the 1970s, began to succeed) in bringing what the Tigers brought to the table on a reliable platform.

Tiger.
        That were my thoughts too. But the significance part is so much T-34 that i could have never gone with the Tigers. T-34 was a game changer.
        One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic.

Comment

Voted T-34...

Comment

Originally posted by Hanov View Post
            That were my thoughts too. But the significance part is so much T-34 that i could have never gone with the Tigers. T-34 was a game changer.
            and I forgot one thing... the T-34 came first.
            My bad.
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

This is one where I did not bother to read the supporting arguments. I am firmly in the T-34 corner.

Comment

T-34 for me was very influential due to it's sloped armor and numbers produced. It also had a very good post- war career in the Korean War, the Arab Israeli wars and I also heard some saw service in the Balkan war of the 1990s.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X