Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rnd 2 Grp 4 - T-64 (Russia) vs M1A1/A2 Abrams (USA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this time bracket? Not even a question, IMO.

Abrams.
    "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

T-64 - auto loader, composite armour, fording depth 1.8m, fires missiles too. All 20 years before something that weighs almost 70 tons.

Comment

I'd say the M1A1/A2 has had more influence than the T-64. The Abrams has better survivability and speed than the T-64 and has better ammo storage than the T-64.

Comment

Abrams....

Comment

Abrams but not just because I'm American.
            "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
              Abrams but not just because I'm American.
              I believe you, because I voted Abrams too.
              "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

I still don't know how the field was chosen but I'm just a small fry newbie, lol.
                Elsa: [reading Jacob's palm] "See. According to this, you're already dead."[laughs]
                Army Officer: "Mr. Singer. What an appropriate name for a man who can't shut up."
                "Jacob's Ladder"

Comment

Originally posted by TDurden View Post
                  I still don't know how the field was chosen but I'm just a small fry newbie, lol.
                  I spent a couple of weeks going through all the tanks I could find from 1916 to the present day, and tried to figure which of them were significant and/or influential enough to rate consideration in a tournament with 64 entries.

From this work I came up with the candidates we have, using my own judgement.

Comment

You missed the Bob Semple battletraktorImean Tank.

I had previously called the Char 2C the battletraktor, after one user said it was like a battleship combined with a tractor, but the Bob Semple...was a tractor.
                    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                      " ... but the Bob Semple...was a tractor."
                      Fortunately, a Japanese invasion of New Zealand did not occur.

I meant, fortunately for the Japanese, of course.

Comment

Working...
                      X