Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rnd 2 Grp 4 - T-64 (Russia) vs M1A1/A2 Abrams (USA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this time bracket? Not even a question, IMO.

Abrams.
    "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
    Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

T-64 - auto loader, composite armour, fording depth 1.8m, fires missiles too. All 20 years before something that weighs almost 70 tons.

Comment

I'd say the M1A1/A2 has had more influence than the T-64. The Abrams has better survivability and speed than the T-64 and has better ammo storage than the T-64.

Comment

Abrams....

Comment

Abrams but not just because I'm American.
            "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
              Abrams but not just because I'm American.
              I believe you, because I voted Abrams too.
              Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

I still don't know how the field was chosen but I'm just a small fry newbie, lol.
                Elsa: [reading Jacob's palm] "See. According to this, you're already dead."[laughs]
                Army Officer: "Mr. Singer. What an appropriate name for a man who can't shut up."
                "Jacob's Ladder"

Comment

Originally posted by TDurden View Post
                  I still don't know how the field was chosen but I'm just a small fry newbie, lol.
                  I spent a couple of weeks going through all the tanks I could find from 1916 to the present day, and tried to figure which of them were significant and/or influential enough to rate consideration in a tournament with 64 entries.

From this work I came up with the candidates we have, using my own judgement.

Comment

You missed the Bob Semple battletraktorImean Tank.

I had previously called the Char 2C the battletraktor, after one user said it was like a battleship combined with a tractor, but the Bob Semple...was a tractor.
                    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                      " ... but the Bob Semple...was a tractor."
                      Fortunately, a Japanese invasion of New Zealand did not occur.

I meant, fortunately for the Japanese, of course.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X