Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rnd 2 Grp 4 - Challenger 1/2 (Britain) vs M60A1/A3 (USA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA almost bought the chalnger and if it was still in producstion would be competing with the Leo2. Right now it is a one horse race or one cat race.
    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
      SA almost bought the chalnger and if it was still in producstion would be competing with the Leo2. Right now it is a one horse race or one cat race.
      With either one of those two, your country would get an excellent tank. IMO, they are both outstanding.
      "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

If this one was M60 vs Leo, M60 wins.

But it isn't. In addition to being possibly the best tank in the world, Challenger has combat experience.

It hurts to do this to the beloved M60, but Challenger wins.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
          If this one was M60 vs Leo, M60 wins.

But it isn't. In addition to being possibly the best tank in the world, Challenger has combat experience.

It hurts to do this to the beloved M60, but Challenger wins.
          There can only be two tanks in the final.
          "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
            There can only be two tanks in the final.
            There's some even harder choices in the near future......

Great job Paul. Excellent campaign.
            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Any Challenger is better than any M60, but that is not the point of this poll.

The M60 is still relevant today, over 50 years since first introduced, and in front line service by choice, rather than necessity. It continues in use by some of the most important armies in at least one very important hotpoint, the Middle East. This is because it has proved itself against Soviet armour, time and time again.

The Challenger would probably win my best tank currently in service, but that opinion is irrelevant to this poll. The Challengers significance/influence is minimal in comparison.

Note to ACG: Armour is not a spelling error. Nor is ACG .
              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                Any Challenger is better than any M60, but that is not the point of this poll.
                Agree.

Note to ACG: Armour is not a spelling error.
                Disagree. FWIW, after checking the results it seems you and I voted exactly the same throughout this round.

Comment

This one is tough for sure, i went for the M-60 though...

Comment

Note to ACG: Armour is not a spelling error.
                    Originally posted by DogDodger View Post
                    Disagree.
                    US English is shortened English English for the lazy .

Originally posted by DogDodger View Post
                    FWIW, after checking the results it seems you and I voted exactly the same throughout this round.
                    GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE. Fools seldom differ.
                    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Not too sure which category I fit into here.

I think I've played it fairly straight for almost all the pairings in both Rounds so far; but I have very strong likings for a couple of the modern tanks here; notably Challenger and Merkava.

In this Round, the weight of evidence for the campaign criteria arguably favours the opponents; if I was to be completely objective and dispassionate about it. And most of the time, I think I do manage to be thoroughly objective. However, I lapse occasionally and I think I have been somewhat swayed by my likings in these two cases. Not that they don't both have a strong case in their own right; but their opponent's cases are arguably stronger (despite the voting trend in this particular pairing).

OTOH, even if I had voted M60 this time it was obviously still going to be defeated by a very large margin if the polling up to now is any indication; and we only have 4 days left before the end of this Round.

(Hey, at least I admit I'm biased)
                      Last edited by panther3485; 12 Aug 14, 09:59.

Comment

US English is shortened English English for the lazy .
                        Lazy, or efficient?

Agree.

Comment

Chally for me but I tip my hat to the M60 as well.
                          "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Couldn't the Challenger be considered very influential just because of the Chobham armour?

Comment

Keep in mind that Challenger didn't enter service until 1983, by which time composite armor was common on new tanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X