Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rnd 2 Grp 3 - Centurion (Britain) vs T-34-85 (Soviet Union/Russia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The T44 was a difrent tank though sam as the T54/55 extra extra. It is like saying a leo 2 is just a leo 1 with more armour.

I take it you have not watched that top 10 best _____ show wher tey put the cent at 5 and t34 at 1.
    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
      "The T44 was a difrent tank though "
      Yes of course, but my point is that it was strongly influenced by the general line of design that was preceded with T-34. The lineage is clear and direct. Therefore, even though there were to be no more major updates on the T-34, much of the design heritage was carried over to the next successor.

" sam as the T54/55 extra extra.
      Again, yes, and the T-54/55 took the next steps forward again. These are quite large but nevertheless incremental steps; from T-34, to T-44 and then to T-54. Once again, the line of progression remains quite clear.

" ... It is like saying a leo 2 is just a leo 1 with more armour."
      Well, there's more to it than just an armour upgrade as we both know; but yes, in principle it is a rather similar thing; a logical evolution of design with - once again - a very clear lineage and family inheritance of characteristics, from one generation to the next. Comparing the two families, I would say that based on main features alone, if anything there was less difference between Leopard 1 and Leopard 2, than there was between T-34 and T-44 (with mechanical layout for a start!). But still, a linear progression just the same; and clear to see.

I take it you have not watched that top 10 best _____ show wher tey put the cent at 5 and t34 at 1.
      No I haven't, but I tend to have a rather scathing opinion of most of these TV documentaries.
      "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

But if they did not build the T34/85 they would of still won the war. As I said no one won that war, it still on going. Though the N forces did push back the NKs bake to the neck of the woods and hold back the chinness. That 1960s armourd car was hunting down T34s in angola. Once the AFV version of the beetle (they where nick named noddy cars is SA) sees your tank as a target your tank is no long relevant.

You mean the SU100 SPATG and the 122 SPH, they not tanks. No they brand new tanks not improvement of the T34.

Still a centurion at soul.

That not a t34 or cent though.
        The Noddy Car is 15 years newer than the T-34, and has the benefit of being made in peace time...

The T-34/100, a trial tank, was fitted with both the D-10T and Lb-1 at factory No. 183, fitted with a larger turret. It is not the SU-100, nor the SU-101/102. The T-34/122 was my memory playing tricks: I meant the T-44/122.

As the T-82 is a T-34 at heart

Comment

The T-34/76 was probably the most significant tank of WW2. Imho, it beats the Tiger into 2nd place, and the Sherman/PzrIII and PzIV into 3rd to 5th (haven't decided on the exact placement of each yet).

The T-34/76 unhinged the Nazi psyche enough for them to waste precious time and monies on simply unfeasible designs.
          The T-34/85 was simply an effective improvement on that design.

The Centurion was the first real Universal Tank, spitting distance from a MBT concept. In that regard it was truly revolutionary. It was the best immediate post WW2 tank, and remains very viable to this day, nearly 70 after first introduced.

The T-34/85 should not even be coming close to the Centurion in this poll.
          How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Centurion for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
              The T-34/76 was probably the most significant tank of WW2. Imho, it beats the Tiger into 2nd place, and the Sherman/PzrIII and PzIV into 3rd to 5th (haven't decided on the exact placement of each yet).

The T-34/76 unhinged the Nazi psyche enough for them to waste precious time and monies on simply unfeasible designs.
              The T-34/85 was simply an effective improvement on that design.

The Centurion was the first real Universal Tank, spitting distance from a MBT concept. In that regard it was truly revolutionary. It was the best immediate post WW2 tank, and remains very viable to this day, nearly 70 after first introduced.

The T-34/85 should not even be coming close to the Centurion in this poll.
              I would rank the T34/76 and sherman tied for 1st. The tiger was never built in enough numbers or with enough relbaltie to be 2nd
              you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Centurion.
                "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X