Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rnd 2 Grp 2 - Churchill (Britain) vs Tiger tanks (Germany)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post

Based on the criteria of the poll, the Churchill does not deserve to win group 2. That honour should go to the T-34, although I suspect the US membership here will place the M4 above it.

Too many people are unfortunately treating this as a best tank thread imho.
    I am not american and I see the M4 as mor signifcant than the T34. Every aliied country used it and it fought in every theater.
    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by Don Juan View Post
      Tiger wins poll for "attracts most viewers to History Channel".

Can't think of any other criteria in which it excels, tbh.
      Charisma?
      "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Well I was thinking about voting for the Tiger at first but given the discussion, I think I'll have to go with the Churchill.
        "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
          I am not american and I see the M4 as mor signifcant than the T34. Every aliied country used it and it fought in every theater.
          That the M4 was generally a better tank than the T-34 is probably not in question most of the time. The M4 fought in every theatre, but the most important land theatre was the Eastern Front. It was on this front, the German army was destroyed.

The most significant and influential tank on that front is the T-34, without question. It was extremely efficient, cheap as chips, and the only design I know of that an enemy thought of copying directly.
          How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post

Based on the criteria of the poll, the Churchill does not deserve to win group 2. That honour should go to the T-34, although I suspect the US membership here will place the M4 above it.

Too many people are unfortunately treating this as a best tank thread imho.
            Excellent point. Significance and influence do not equal best. MacArthur was a significant and influential US general. He was not their best.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X