Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rnd 2 Grp 1 - TNH/LT-38 (Czechoslovakia) vs Christie Mediums 28/36/T3 (USA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy, this is close! I'll have to keep an eye on this one.
    "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

I had to vote for the Christie designs. Considering the impact they made on later AFV designs they were in the end more of an influence to future marks of tanks than the TNH/LT-38.
      BoRG
      "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Christie, no doubt.

The Czech tank had many virtues and not inconsiderable impact on German design and development during the war.

But the Christie was the first "fast tank" with large independently sprung roadwheels, so was basically the genesis of the modern tank, at least in terms of the running gear.
        Furthermore, it dramatically influenced Soviet tank design with the whole BT-series, then the T34 and the British Cruiser development. As such, the tanks that were direct descendants of the Christie saw more combat with more nations against more enemies for a longer period of time than the Czech designs would ever do.

In terms of both significance and influence, the Christie should really be among the runners up in this competition, probably top-3 or thereabouts.

Comment

This is a tough one and I have no dog in this fight, but I read a book about tank warfare to prepare for this tournament and the Christie design was mentioned numerous times.

Comment

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
            Boy, this is close! I'll have to keep an eye on this one.
            Hmmmm, not so close any more.
            "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Originally posted by cbo View Post
              In terms of both significance and influence, the Christie should really be among the runners up in this competition, probably top-3 or thereabouts.
              Agreed.
              Hell of a thing, especially for a tank that never saw any combat, but there it is.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                Agreed.
                Hell of a thing, especially for a tank that never saw any combat, but there it is.
                Likewise for me. Christie gets this one.

Comment

I voted for the Christie tanks for their speed and that they looked very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                    Agreed.
                    Exactly. Significance and influence don't mean combat results.

Comment

Christie, besides, it is a nicer name for a woman than Panzer 38..!?

Comment

Going with the Christie.
                        "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Working...
                        X